9 replies to this topic

IIZeonII
    IIZeonII

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Minecraft: NyTuniverse

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:09 AM

Hey guys because i am having alot of trouble with optifine i was wondering is there anything else than can stabilize FPS it would be great if you could let me know Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Jak3star
  • Minecraft: Jak3star

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:17 AM

I'm pretty sure that 'Optifine' is the only thing around that helps you with FPS problems at the moment even though decreasing most things in-game help boost your FPS a bit and can help depending on what you are trying to do.

For recording and so forth I would use 'Optifine' and if your having troubles with it get the Magic Launcher for Minecraft. @ http://www.minecraft...s-options-news/

- Graphics Designer for 2 - 3 years -

-- Available for paid graphics ( Cheap Prices) --

IIZeonII
    IIZeonII

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:21 AM

View PostJak3star, on 09 August 2012 - 10:17 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure that 'Optifine' is the only thing around that helps you with FPS problems at the moment even though decreasing most things in-game help boost your FPS a bit and can help depending on what you are trying to do.

For recording and so forth I would use 'Optifine' and if your having troubles with it get the Magic Launcher for Minecraft. @ http://www.minecraft...s-options-news/
what does the magic launcher do to increase FPS

Jak3star

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:33 AM

It does nothing but it allows you to install mods easier its what I use and I have had 0 problems with it make sure to read what you need to do first though.

IIZeonII
    IIZeonII

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:41 AM

View PostJak3star, on 09 August 2012 - 10:33 AM, said:

It does nothing but it allows you to install mods easier its what I use and I have had 0 problems with it make sure to read what you need to do first though.
i know how to install optifine its just i get little pixelated dots all over my weapons and really bad jagged lines do u know how to fix this problem

Jak3star

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:43 AM

List what Mods you have installed or texture packs?

IIZeonII
    IIZeonII

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:35 AM

View PostJak3star, on 09 August 2012 - 10:43 AM, said:

List what Mods you have installed or texture packs?
Just TMI and Texturepacks Sphax PureBD 128x128 and sometimes 32x32 faithful

psionic_bgd

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:55 PM

Are you sure you set up things like it should in Optifine ? Also be sure you used latest update for optifine - builds can be buggy sometimes. Disable threaded optimisation in your graphic card control panel. you could disable AA in optifine and use your graphic card control panel to set - for me, looks a bit better than one comes in optifine (they kinda used AA only for outer edges, but fonts, textures etc stays non AA), and it is faster, too... Disable Anisotropic Filering (again it is better to set it up from the CPanel) and Mipmap level.
These are my thoughts on using optifine, it can be laggy, if I just use optifine defaults... Little tweaking gives awesome results. My comp's specs :
i7 2600K, win64, 12GB RAM, nVidia 580GTX, Sphax TP, size 256

Take look at this screenshot (click it for full size image 1920x1200)

FPS stays at 60 all the time (vsync enabled to keep it at 60 so no tearing appears and movement is more fluid)

Posted Image

grifdog96
  • Minecraft: grifdog96

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:55 AM

Eeryone i have an answer to this. optfine is not the only program to use there is also a program that helps with all games not just minecraft with this program you can also record, and screenshot your gameplay its called razors gamebooster and i use optfine plus razors gamebooster and it does me wonders

Vherkin
    Vherkin

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 438 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

There fps++ that help a little

Compatible with optifine and forge.
It change something else enterely to shorten minecraft calculation.

Noofertonson said:

"Oh lol i was building and a creeper went SSSS OOH LOL! DEY ALWAYS EXP{OLEDE YOUR STUFFZ!!"