• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[16x][1.7.X] Pixel Perfection - Snapshot ready!

16x pixel art xssheep

• Please log in to reply
1484 replies to this topic

XSSheep
    XSSheep

Creeper Destroyer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 5717 posts
  • Minecraft: XSSheep

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:14 AM

POPULAR

Posted Image

Pixel Perfection is a texture pack made by me, for me. It has an underlying theme that will be more apparent once more of the nether mobs are completed and I will be adding a lore section soon where you can read about why my blocks or mobs look the way they do and how they all fit into the world together.

Update log

V2.4

-updated quartz textures
-updated stonebrick textures
-new diorite texture/tweaked colours for polished diorite
-new stone texture+random ctm variants
-new oak planks
-new menu backgrond
-added some new gui elements
-fixed issues with ice not rendering correctly for optifine users
-new potato and carrot plants+all growth stages
-fixed podzol not appearing correctly for mcpatcher and optifine users
-few tweaks to the lightmap and some more biome colour tweaks
-tweaks to stained glass colours

Previous updates:
Spoiler:

The world of Pixel Perfection

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

In the media

Check out the Curse Texture Pack spotlight by Xenius of my pack here. It has a little interview to go with it so if you're interested, check it out!

Featured on this episode of Minecraft Mondays (video within spoiler):

Spoiler:

Neat little overview/review by paal240996

Spoiler:

Lore: On the subject of slimes

Slimes
Spoiler:

Endermen
Spoiler:

Mods

MCPatcher + Optifine
This pack makes heavy use of some features unique to MCPatcher such as custom colours, special biome colours, CTM, lightmaps and a few other features. To get the most out of this pack I highly suggest you use it with the patcher!

Better Grass and Leaves mod
I have added in full support for this mod since the 1.9.5 update and it's a fantastic visual mod I highly recommend.

You can find the mod here on the forums: http://www.minecraft...c/page__st__500

Downloads

Planet Minecraft

For those who want to check out my old world *it's the one in the first proper picture with the big building* - here is the download

Addon packs

Rough Stone Addon:

Direct link

Spoiler:

Fantasy Tree Addon:

Direct link

Spoiler:

Alternate Grass Addon:

Direct link

Spoiler:

Previous versions

Spoiler:

Donations

Finally got my dang paypal fixed so I finally added a donate button. Nobody has to donate but I'll always accept them!

Posted Image

Signatures

If you want to help advertise the pack, consider popping this code into your signature!

Posted Image

[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1409879-16x-pixel-perfection-15/][img]http://i.cubeupload.com/3dqL3I.png[/img] [/url]

Use of this pack

If using these textures, please do not claim them as your own work. If you wish them to be used in a mixpack or for mods, feel free to do so as long as I am credited as the original creator of the textures used (edited or otherwise).
If you wish to use my work in something non-minecraft related, please send me a PM so we can work it out. No money-making links such as adf.ly links are to be used with this work in any circumstance.

However, feel free to use this pack in any video or streaming service, monetized or free.

Posted Image

Pixel Perfection by XSSheep is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

- Hugh "XSSheep" Rutland

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

neoix
    neoix

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3988 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:19 AM

It's beautiful! And the foliage biome shading is, awesome! :)
Posted Image

DerpyDerpp

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:23 AM

Wow, this is just stunning.

Posted Image

AN AWESOME TEXTURE PACK BY THE CREATOR OF SUMMERFIELDS !

minionsdevil

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:23 AM

Take my third born child, Leostereo already took my other two. But can you please have some screenshots without the shaders, i dont usually run my minecraft with them on.
Posted Image

XSSheep
    XSSheep

Creeper Destroyer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 5717 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:37 AM

View Postminionsdevil, on 08 August 2012 - 11:23 AM, said:

Take my third born child, Leostereo already took my other two. But can you please have some screenshots without the shaders, i dont usually run my minecraft with them on.

Sure, I'll take some now! Only reason I don't have any now is because I have no inspiring buildings or anything on ANY of my worlds.... >.>

Also, thanks everyone, glad you like it!

Posted Image

Cholecan
    Cholecan

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Minecraft: Cholecan

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:59 AM

Those tools look amazing, but then so does the entire pack by the looks of things. If I was to use 16x packs, this would be one of the ones I would use. The only thing I don't like is the fact that the fire is purple, but that's personal preference, and probably a stylistic choice on your part.

Posted Image

NorthenerSouth
  • Minecraft: NorthenerSouth

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:59 AM

YAY! :D

I shall download, and wait for use with Optifine once it updates. It's times like these when I feel sad that, due to using Magic Launcher to allow mods to work properly, I can't use the patcher. :c

I have to wait for Optifine to catch up with the patcher and get CTM working, but until then, I shall enjoy the incomplete picture of your pack that I can achieve on my silly little machine. ._.

Posted Image

View Poststeelfeathers, on 19 June 2012 - 06:19 PM, said:

I now pronouce you man and dirt. You may kiss the soil.

XSSheep
    XSSheep

Creeper Destroyer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 5717 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:09 PM

View PostCholecan, on 08 August 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

Those tools look amazing, but then so does the entire pack by the looks of things. If I was to use 16x packs, this would be one of the ones I would use. The only thing I don't like is the fact that the fire is purple, but that's personal preference, and probably a stylistic choice on your part.

Thanks! The tools are probably one of my favourite things, I absolutely adore how they turned out...

And yes, the fire was a stylistic choice, sort of a homage to my old pack... I might make an alternate with normal fire though if people dislike this one.

@Northener, thanks! :D

I think there is a preview version of optifine for 1.3.1 on the thread actually, might wanna check that out!

Posted Image

biehn
    biehn

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Minecraft: biehn

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:14 PM

This is an amazing texture pack, I am very glad you put this on the forums so that lots of people can see it. You have a great future ahead of you (in the texture pack making world.)

XSSheep
    XSSheep

Creeper Destroyer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 5717 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:17 PM

View Postbiehn, on 08 August 2012 - 12:14 PM, said:

This is an amazing texture pack, I am very glad you put this on the forums so that lots of people can see it. You have a great future ahead of you (in the texture pack making world.)

Thanks, I've kinda already had an amazing past in the texure pack making world if you check my sig, I've got two old packs which have over 200k downloads combined! :P

Also everyone, I edited the post and added some pictures without the shaders mod and showcasing some more features of MC patcher. They can be found in the spoiler tag!

Posted Image

nmc94
    nmc94

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 211 posts
  • Minecraft: nmc94

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:23 PM

This is great! Really nice job! I specifically like the enchanting table. It actually looks like a table :o

I do YouTube
I do mod spotlights, let's plays, and tutorials! I would really appreciate it if you took the time to check a few of them out!

NorthenerSouth
  • Minecraft: NorthenerSouth

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:30 PM

View PostXSSheep, on 08 August 2012 - 12:09 PM, said:

@Northener, thanks! Posted Image

I think there is a preview version of optifine for 1.3.1 on the thread actually, might wanna check that out!

I knew that, but it says that sideways logs and CTM aren't working in it. D:
Sideways logs are an important part of my house-building now, so I think I'll give Optifine's maker some time to finish his last 2% and persevere in the meantime.

Anyway, about to give this a test run through my worlds. I shall report back with my thoughts in detail. :)

Posted Image

View Poststeelfeathers, on 19 June 2012 - 06:19 PM, said:

I now pronouce you man and dirt. You may kiss the soil.

iiPod
    iiPod

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1128 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:42 PM

Yay, its out!

A few things I think would make it look better:

- Not a huge fan of the sidegrass, something more bulky would suit better (mainly with the skyboxes).
- Perhaps an alt download with normal torch colours and whatnot?

But on the whole, incredible. :D

+1
Posted Image

XSSheep
    XSSheep

Creeper Destroyer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 5717 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:49 PM

View PostiiPod, on 08 August 2012 - 12:42 PM, said:

Yay, its out!

A few things I think would make it look better:

- Not a huge fan of the sidegrass, something more bulky would suit better (mainly with the skyboxes).
- Perhaps an alt download with normal torch colours and whatnot?

But on the whole, incredible. Posted Image

+1

Thanks iiPod! Posted Image

I was thinking of having an alt for torch colour but I may just change it to normal colours for everyone, I don't really think purple flame adds anything to the pack in particular!

I also have alternate coloured stone bricks that look really awesome when exploring strongholds and ruins but aren't as great with buildings so I may end up having two alts, one for building and one for exploring. (I know other packs that have done this)

EDIT: Forgot to say, I'll have a work on the sidegrass, it was one of the most difficult textures to get right and I still don't think I've got it entirely right either so I'll see if I can make a better texture for the next update.

Posted Image

Stronghold257
  • Minecraft: Stronghold257
  • Xbox:Stronghold257

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:34 PM

The name fits. Looks great :D

Posted Image

Go check out the rules (rules.mcf.li)

Special thanks to Goodlyay for my avatar!

Wayuki
    Wayuki

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 953 posts
  • Minecraft: Wayuki

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:56 PM

Sheepie! You're back! Posted Image
This pack is definitely a step up from your previous one. I like your cobble a lot! It works really well as both a natural looking stone and a medieval cobble. Posted Image
Posted Image

XSSheep
    XSSheep

Creeper Destroyer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 5717 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:08 PM

View PostWayuki, on 08 August 2012 - 01:56 PM, said:

Sheepie! You're back! Posted Image
This pack is definitely a step up from your previous one. I like your cobble a lot! It works really well as both a natural looking stone and a medieval cobble. Posted Image

Yep, slowly but steadily improving! (still not quite up to your standards yet but I am getting there! :P)

Thanks though, the cobble took a fair while to get a good basic shape but once that was done it all fell into place!

Posted Image

vfd42
    vfd42

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1640 posts
  • Minecraft: vfd42
  • Xbox:vfd42

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:11 PM

Wow, this is incredible! I love all of the foliage, and I think you have the best mycelium I have ever seen,

XSSheep
    XSSheep

Creeper Destroyer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 5717 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:28 PM

View Postvfd42, on 08 August 2012 - 02:11 PM, said:

Wow, this is incredible! I love all of the foliage, and I think you have the best mycelium I have ever seen,

Thanks a bunch vfd42, I personally only like the top of my mycelium (the side mycelium looks really messy, I might tweak it for the next update as well).

Posted Image

Gigfran_Enfys
  • Minecraft: Gigfran_Enfys

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:49 PM

Cute! <3

Posted Image

~GIGFRAN'S LINK HUB~