• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft Mythos?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Lorimarko

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:53 PM

Has anyone come up with a mythos behind Minecraft they'd like to share? I've been tossing a few around and kind of wanted to brainstorm. The "Church of Notch" has a few ideas I'd like to use in a few short stories I'm writing, but a mythos behind it (one person (Notch?) creating the world by combining and breaking the elements together or something akin to that)...

Then, of course, the "mystery" of people ending up there... That'd be the heart of the story...

Proof of Purchase: Lorimarko

Arcesious said:

Yay, random mysterious update that no one else got. My game is special now. Special.

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

PatheticBarrel

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:02 PM

I'm actually working that kind of stuff out in my story Not Just Another Minecraft Story... I'm actually looking at such things as what happened to Rana and who it is that controls the Skeletons and Zombies.
Posted Image I'm gonna be back with a new story and maybe, if you are all good little boys and girls, a fresh mod to go with it!!

awopcxet
    awopcxet

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2357 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:02 PM

one time i found a huge crater in the neather, i think it is why all good lifes in nether are dead

hamsterking5
  • Minecraft: hamsterking5

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:49 AM

Minecraft = limbo?
nether = hell?
heaven= ???

its what i think of when im in single player all the time is it like limbo where i have to repent my sins? or is it a world of gods owned only by men? so many ideas of origin so many can work.

Posted Image

My avatar moves when you're not looking at it.

Vampirezebra

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:31 AM

Ive heard a story that notch was a scientist and was making a portal to the afterlife and the project went haywire and he created his own world that people go to when they die.

Posted Image

kyeplayfair

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:19 AM

Could make it like: In the beginning there was Notch. He created the world of Minecraft and its entities. But he was betrayed by a jealous servant. The Servant was cast from the Land of the Sun (heaven) and imprisoned in the Nether. But the servant has not been beaten yet.

For a long time the world of Minecraft prospered in land peaceful tranquility. Some tilled the rich soils, while others sought their fortunes underground.

One day, many years after The Servant was cast from the Land of the Sun, there began to emerge reports of living skeletons and creatures that exploded. The Servant has been hard at work and is now releasing his soldiers to try and claim Land of the Sun for himself.

And you could make a portal of ice instead of obsidian above the cloud-line to get to Land of the Sun.

WOOO! I was bored and subject surfing.
If facebook, Myspage, and Twitter were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy this into your signature and hope it happens.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Bluefox02

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:30 PM

In before Thomas.