8 replies to this topic

aza2111
    aza2111

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Minecraft: aza2111

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:31 AM

How do you play LAN on offline mode? Me and my friend are trying to play LAN since minecraft.net is down. I turn LAN on, on the single player world, but when my friend connects, it kicks me out of the world saying: "Disconnected by Server - You logged in from another location." Is there anyway to change your name on offline mode so this error does not occur?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.Posted Image
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

pajoslav8
  • Minecraft: noris45

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:37 AM

I hate to say this but the easiest way is probably when one of you connect via warez version.

aza2111
    aza2111

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Minecraft: aza2111

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:37 AM

ooooh ok i see, thanks :)
Posted Image

Liralen
    Liralen

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:52 PM

Any legal way to do this?  My husband and I lost Internet access the other day, which happens often enough that being able to get LAN mode to work when the Internet is down would be useful.

TheHolyKing1

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:51 PM

Okay i can help you out. If you don't know what nodus is or don't have it, download it. The reason you get kicked is because both of your offline names are "Player" so it says you're logged in on the same account and kicks both of you. with nodus you can actually change your offline name. just make sure you use the same name everytime you play LAN otherwise you will lose all of your items. if youre the person that is hosting the LAN then you will always have the same items, so it doesnt really matter. Just dont use the name your friend is using or has used. to change your offline name just go onto multiplayer from the main menu, and at the top there will be a thing that says Multiplayer Options then click offline name, it will say Player, change it to whatever you want. you have to change your offline name everytime you open minecraft though, dont forget. and make sure that when you're joining the LAN that you don't double-click the LAN world, because it will just say there's an error. click on it, and then click join server. You're welcome. and enjoy.

P.S: Nodus has all types of cheats like xray and stuff, if you still want the game to be fair you can disable nodus once you've joined (I haven't tested yet but i predict it will work fine, find the "Disable Nodus" option in the Options) or you can just trust that the other people wont use the cheats and hope that they'll play a fair game. Posted Image

Max Littlemore

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:38 AM

Hi there,

It's been a while since this thread was last updated, but I thought I'd add my findings on this problem.

I've encountered exactly the same problem playing on an ad hoc lan along with the associated problem of not being able to have a skin other than "steve". After I bit of investigation I came up with a script to launch minecraft (the client, not the server) that allows players to pick a name and skin. It works with the default minecraft client on Linux.

The way it works by bypassing the official minecraft launcher and launching the net.minecraft.client.Minecraft program directly, passing in a username. Like this:

java -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -cp "bin/*" -Djava.library.path="bin/natives" net.minecraft.client.Minecraft $PLAYER
(replace $PLAYER with your desired playername obviously)

Running that is enough to change your player name, but my script does a bit more.

The script also replaces the default steve skin with whatever skin you want. This is done by replacing mob/char.png in the minecraft jar file with your custom skin (as long as you have a valid skin saved on your system). My script backs up the default steve skin and then sets it back when minecraft quits so that it's back to normal for next time. Every skin is associated with a username so that the next time the script is launched, previously used name/skin combinations are available in a list.

I wrote this script for a linux machine (I'm all penguin at home) but the same steps are definitely possible on a windows machine if you have the right software installed. Mac users should find this works easily if you replace the installation specific paths with your own systems paths and can install "zenity" or a similar program (sorry, not a Mac user, no idea if this is possible but google zenity to see if there is an equivalent).

I've included the script below. I have mine saved in ~/.minecraft on Linux and I've copied it to the same place on another linux machine and it works without problems. Windows and Mac users might be able to figure out how to convert this to a script for their platform with a bit of thought. Sorry the forum loses the formatting, my local copy is a bit easier to read.

I hope this helps someone.

#!/bin/bash

# OFFLINE MINECRAFT LAUNCHER
#
# No warranty given, no responsibilty taken.
# I don't own this but if you use it or modify it please give credit to Max Littlemore.

# installation specific paths
cd ~/.minecraft
MC=$( pwd )
PLAYERS=$MC/offline_players
SKINS=$MC/offline_skins
BIN=$MC/bin
MOB=$BIN/mob

# other variables
PLAYER=""
SKIN=""

# first time setup of offline player names
if [[ ! -f $PLAYERS ]]
then
echo New player... > $PLAYERS
fi

# first time setup of offline skin files including backup of steve
if [[ ! -d $SKINS ]]
then
# create the skins directory
mkdir $SKINS
# make a copy of steve
cd $BIN
unzip -p minecraft.jar mob/char.png > $MC/steve.png
cd $MC
fi

# skin replace function
function replace_skin {
SKINFILE=$1
# change to bin
cd $BIN
# create the mob dir
mkdir $MOB
# copy the skin file to the mob dir
cp -f $SKINFILE $MOB/char.png
# update the zip (fail gracefully)
if [[ $? == 0 ]]
then
zip -u minecraft.jar mob/char.png
fi
# clean up and go back
rm -fR $MOB
cd $MC
}

# replace the player skin with steve by default
replace_skin $MC/steve.png

# get the player name we will use to start minecraft
while [[ "$PLAYER" == "" ]]
do
# Show the player selection interface
PLAYER=$( cat $PLAYERS | zenity --list --column=- --text="Select a Player Name" --hide-header --title="Minecraft Offline" )
if [[ $? == 1 ]]
then
# the user pressed "Cancel"
exit 0
fi
if [[ "$PLAYER" == "New player..." ]]
then
# we need to add a new player
NAME=$( zenity --entry --title="Create a new player" )
if [[ $? == 0 ]]
then
# we have a player name
NAME=$( echo "$NAME" | awk '{print($1);}' )
echo "$NAME" >> $PLAYERS
cat $PLAYERS
PLAYER=$NAME
# ask for a skin for the new player
zenity --question --text "Configure a custom skin for $PLAYER?"
if [[ $? == 0 ]]
then
# the user wants a new skin
SKINSRC=$( zenity --file-selection )
if [[ $? == 0 ]]
then
	 # store the custom skin for later use
	 cp $SKINSRC $SKINS/$PLAYER.png
fi
fi
else
# we don't have a player name
PLAYER=""
fi
fi
done

# set the skin if one is found for the player name
if [[ -f $SKINS/$PLAYER.png ]]
then
replace_skin $SKINS/$PLAYER.png
fi

# start minecraft
echo starting minecraft as $PLAYER
java -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -cp "bin/*" -Djava.library.path="bin/natives" net.minecraft.client.Minecraft $PLAYER
echo finished Minecraft

# replace the player skin with steve by default
replace_skin $MC/steve.png

UnholyWizBuck

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

Dude i used to play offline all you have to do is type in the name you want into the login "username" box, then click login, then play offline.
You will find that your username has been changed to whatever you typed in!
No joke i used to do this all the time.

hunterboerner
  • Minecraft: hunterboerner

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:47 AM

It's very simple. You two have the same username when you are joining. use a different username

Lichisky
    Lichisky

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Minecraft: Draculus

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

View PostUnholyWizBuck, on 07 April 2013 - 09:29 PM, said:

Dude i used to play offline all you have to do is type in the name you want into the login "username" box, then click login, then play offline.
You will find that your username has been changed to whatever you typed in!
No joke i used to do this all the time.
duhhhhhhh thats on minecraft sngleplayer theyre talkin bout the minecraft launcher; dude, IF YOU WANT A NAME, GODAMM BUY THE GAME