• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[ADV] [BETA] [1.3.1] The King's Quest Custom Map W.I.P | 204 Downloads!

[beta] rpg custom beta

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

kwongomc
    kwongomc

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

This is the first area of a large adventure area that we are going to make. It is no where near done, so everything you see is completely subject to change.

Screenshots:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

WARNING -- THIS IS BETA -- PLEASE DON'T JUDGE IT UNLESS YOU LIKE IT -- He he...

Downloads:

With Adf.ly     -- http://adf.ly/BbgBX
Direct (MediaFire) -- http://www.mediafire...i3x7c7antsbqp7f

Please use AdF.ly! Posted Image

Hope you enjoy! The people who made this are named qbc1234(MC), kwongo(MC), and Aeron1234. If you see them on a minecraft server, give them a virtual high five!

Tell us what you think of this map, before or after you've tried it, I don't mind. Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

jiggycinny

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

I am Aeron1234 on Minecraft just to tell you people. Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image

rphillippy

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:07 PM

Great Adventure Map!!! Be sure to add a little more challenge in it tho and harder to find ores maybe. Don't give us so many potoins and other thing u should have just let us find a wood sword to slay all those zombies. Other than that if u work on the few thing i listed it will be even better than it is now!!! Note: I was using constuctive critisism to help u make ur map even better giving u some ideas for the addons to it. Anyways great map and keep up the good work! Posted Image

kwongomc
    kwongomc

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:28 PM

Thanks, rphillippy!
We will definitely change the potions thing, and whenever we see ores around we destroy them. Unfortuanately MCEdit doesn't work for the lastest version of Minecraft, so we have to do everything by hand. I think that the player should at least get a stone sword, maybe the iron one was a bit over powered. I don't think wooden is that great, it doesn't seem to fit in with how advanced the village is.
Thanks for the constructive criticism!
~kwongo

kwongomc
    kwongomc

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:39 PM

We've added another area for elves, but we aren't gonna let you play it yet! >:)

XxllllllllllxX
  • Minecraft: XxllllllllllxX

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:44 PM

Not a bad map. How many builders including you have you got working on the map? Oh and how long did it take you to build it so far?

qbc1234mc

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:52 PM

View PostXxllllllllllxX, on 06 August 2012 - 09:44 PM, said:

Not a bad map. How many builders including you have you got working on the map? Oh and how long did it take you to build it so far?
We've got 3 people working on the map and it took about 2 days (with lots of breaks) to build the beta area.
P.S. Thanks for playing XxlllllllllxX

kwongomc
    kwongomc

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:47 PM

Hooray! Thanks for breaking the 50 download barrier, guys!

kwongomc
    kwongomc

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

Wow! Almost 70 downloads! :D

kwongomc
    kwongomc

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:18 PM

Buuuuuuump!
Please leave your feelings on this! We need to know what to fix! :(

Volack11
  • Minecraft: Volack

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

Just this alone is better than anything i could build! the tnt trap scared the crap out of me, lol. my only problem is that the stairs in the castle going to the basement, you can see dirt peeking through the stairs. other than that, I've got nothing wrong with it. good luck! Diamond pants for you! Posted Image
I'm a vegetarian. Problem, bacon?

Aeron1234

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:09 PM

That guy jiggycinny is a fake i am aeron1234

Posted Image

kwongomc
    kwongomc

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:09 PM

View PostVolack11, on 10 August 2012 - 09:16 PM, said:

Just this alone is better than anything i could build! the tnt trap scared the crap out of me, lol. my only problem is that the stairs in the castle going to the basement, you can see dirt peeking through the stairs. other than that, I've got nothing wrong with it. good luck! Diamond pants for you! Posted Image

Thanks, Volack11! The TNT trap was intended to do that! >:D
We've patched the stairs already, but we aren't gonna release another demo because we want you to anticipate it more! Thanks for the diamond pants! :D *puts them on*
Check back in about 3 months, and we'll have this done!

Aeron1234

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:11 PM

*remove*

Posted Image

qbc1234mc

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:27 PM

Maby 3 months is a bit ambitous for it to be compleated kwongo but we should have another beta build by then Posted Image

Volack11

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:50 PM

I just remember one more problem, when the TNT trap went off, it made it impossible to get to the next area. I had to switch to creative a moment to get across the water. Maybe put a bit of ladder at the either side to fix this?

kwongomc
    kwongomc

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:50 PM

Thanks Volack11.
Did it make a little jumping challenge? Because that was what was intended. We tried it many times, and we could jump across it just fine.
We will fix it, don't worry!
Thanks for notifying us of this bug.

Volack11

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:27 PM

Basically, it just made a big hole in the bridge. i don't know if what happened to me was a very rare incident, but in my opinion it really should be fixed. maybe obsidian paths inside the bridge to prevent any of that?

PS: i pressed the green button on the OP!

Aeron1234

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:28 PM

Sometimes the bridge can blow up and have no jumping blocks available, we will fix that ok.

Aeron1234

Posted Image

kwongomc
    kwongomc

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:52 PM

Yes, the idea of building obsidian bridges underneath sounds perfect. Added! :D