• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

LAN-WORLDS with hamachi

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Extinct_omg

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:27 PM

Hi, Crafters. I'm wondering, if i can play with my friend via hamachi in a world in single player? I've seen many tutorial how to setup your server, but i don't need it. I'm asking if i can just open my world in single player, press OPEN IN LAN button. Will my friend be able to connect to my world? And please, could you give a step-by-step tuttorial?

Register or log in to remove.

GoldMiner

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

LAN stands for 'Local Area Network' so if your friend isn't connected to it I'm afraid it's not possible.

Internal exception: java.net.socketException: connection reset
Click here for help!

Extinct_omg

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:34 PM

i know the meaning of LAN, i thought hamachi could imitate lan or not?

maybe any other ideas of playing my world with my friend?

GoldMiner

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:41 PM

You're forgetting that hamachi's main purpose is to connect people's computers around the web without the need of port-forwarding your modem manually. When minecraft scans for LAN worlds it will only search for computers which are connected to the LAN network and not passed the modem. I guess that the only way you can play with your friend online is to create a server.

Internal exception: java.net.socketException: connection reset
Click here for help!

SeeJayEmm

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:46 PM

While I have not yet tried MC 1.3.1 with Himachi it has been the go-to way for me to play LAN game with remote people for a long time. What I've found tho, is that most LAN game use broadcast traffic to find servers and only broadcast on the preferred network connection. In these cases the Himachi connection needs to be the preferred connection, otherwise the game will just broadcast over your physical LAN connection (or whichever is primary).

Again, I'll say I have not yet specifically tried this with MC but I have successfully done this is several other LAN games. I may try it tonight if I can get the time and a willing guinea pig tho.

To change the priority of your network connections in Windows 7 (Google it if you're not on Win7) do the following:
  • Disconnect from and close Himachi if it is currently open/connected.
  • Open Control Panel.
  • Click on "View Network Status and Tasks" under "Network and Internet".
  • Click on "Change Adapter Settings" on the uppper left.
  • Tap the "Alt" key. This should cause the menu bar that is normally hidden to display.
  • Click on Advanced > Advanced Settings.
  • On the "Adapters and Bindings tab make note of the current order of your network connections. Perhaps save a screenshot. You will want to know this in case something goes awry and you need to set it back.
  • Locate the Himachi connection on the "Connections" list. Select it and use the up arrow on the right to move it to the very top.
  • Click OK.
  • Reconnect to Himachi.
Up side, you should now be able to connect to LAN games over Himachi.
Down side, you will not be able to connect to LAN games over your actual LAN while Himachi is connected.

If at any time you run into difficulty just follow the steps again and return the network connection order back to it's original settings.

Hope this helps

oakstory3q9b

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:01 AM

I need help getting it to work on a Mac P:

dudesuperlame

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:53 AM

View Postoakstory3q9b, on 27 August 2012 - 05:01 AM, said:

I need help getting it to work on a Mac P:
Yes me too.

c0rrupted_one

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

So I guess nobody knows how to do it on mac? I need to know too.... :P

Stop worrying so much,

worrying is using your imagination to create things you don't want to.

FakeTeeth

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:03 AM

It's actually really easy to play single player worlds with your friends over Hamachi.

1. Log on to your Hamachi network. Make sure your friend is also logged in.
2. Open the world you want to play with your friend in.
3. Pause, open to LAN, set your options, and click Start LAN World.
4. The MC chat window will say "Local game hosted on 0.0.0.0:xxxx" (xxxx will be a random port number).
5. Tell your friend to go to multiplayer and connect to [your Hamachi IP]:xxxx (use the port number MC just gave you).

And they'll join your game. No need to set up a server or mess with your connection settings, and it will work for PC or Mac. Anyone on your Hamachi network can do the same with their worlds, using their Hamachi IP address. You'll just have to repeat the Open to LAN process whenever you exit the world, as you would if you were actually playing on a LAN.

Hope that helps.

NegativeZeroTV
  • Minecraft: NegativeZeroTV

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

Thanks, FakeTeeth, I've been looking for the answer to this forever. One thing though: does hamachi have to be open, or can it being running in the background?

Scois0n
    Scois0n

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Minecraft: Np27

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

Don't care that its an old post, this fixed my problem where i was running VMware with two vpns.

ShadowCrona
  • Minecraft: ShadowCrona

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

View PostSeeJayEmm, on 09 August 2012 - 04:46 PM, said:

While I have not yet tried MC 1.3.1 with Himachi it has been the go-to way for me to play LAN game with remote people for a long time. What I've found tho, is that most LAN game use broadcast traffic to find servers and only broadcast on the preferred network connection. In these cases the Himachi connection needs to be the preferred connection, otherwise the game will just broadcast over your physical LAN connection (or whichever is primary).

Again, I'll say I have not yet specifically tried this with MC but I have successfully done this is several other LAN games. I may try it tonight if I can get the time and a willing guinea pig tho.

To change the priority of your network connections in Windows 7 (Google it if you're not on Win7) do the following:
  • Disconnect from and close Himachi if it is currently open/connected.

• Open Control Panel.

• Click on "View Network Status and Tasks" under "Network and Internet".

• Click on "Change Adapter Settings" on the uppper left.

• Tap the "Alt" key. This should cause the menu bar that is normally hidden to display.

• Click on Advanced > Advanced Settings.

• On the "Adapters and Bindings tab make note of the current order of your network connections. Perhaps save a screenshot. You will want to know this in case something goes awry and you need to set it back.

• Locate the Himachi connection on the "Connections" list. Select it and use the up arrow on the right to move it to the very top.

• Click OK.

• Reconnect to Himachi.
Up side, you should now be able to connect to LAN games over Himachi.
Down side, you will not be able to connect to LAN games over your actual LAN while Himachi is connected.

If at any time you run into difficulty just follow the steps again and return the network connection order back to it's original settings.

Hope this helps
This didn't work at all for me. And I'm on a Windows ‚Äč computer.
I need a lot of help with a server that me and a friend are running! If you can help with the building, modding, or anything else, just shoot me a PM! My avatar is made by DarkVioletCloud, who can be contacted on deviantArt or YouTube by the same username. She's helping me with the server mentioned above.

Bloody_Spork

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

Faketeeths method looks valid. I will be testing it soon. I've got to find someone to test with though.
Posted Image

AxeMach
    AxeMach

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:26 AM

I think fake teeth's method should work. Imma try it soon

Whispie
    Whispie

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Minecraft: Whispie

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:24 AM

I can confirm that FakeTeeth's method does NOT work with Feed the Beast.

92TheMiner92

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:38 PM

View PostExtinct_omg, on 06 August 2012 - 02:27 PM, said:

Hi, Crafters. I'm wondering, if i can play with my friend via hamachi in a world in single player? I've seen many tutorial how to setup your server, but i don't need it. I'm asking if i can just open my world in single player, press OPEN IN LAN button. Will my friend be able to connect to my world? And please, could you give a step-by-step tuttorial?
Yeah Me too, I need to play with 2 friends on a LAN world using hamachi  but I don't know how.