Latest News Article

The "Simple Questions and Simple Answers" Thread

• Please log in to reply
2397 replies to this topic

Temido2222
  • Minecraft: Temido2222

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:38 AM

View PostJumpFrog, on 16 November 2012 - 11:57 PM, said:

I am trying to download some Mods, except I can't find the minecraft.jar file.

And before anybody else tells me where it should be, I will say right now that yes, I went into Run, typed in %appdata%, went into .minecraft, then the .bin file, and the jar file just wasn't there.

I have already tried to re-install minecraft, but the .jar file still isn't there. Here is a screen shot:

(I have some trash files that are in there before I knew how to install mods. Ignore that.)

Posted Image
ok so first of all, why is craftbukkit there? Ok, here's how it works. the .jar is hidden by default. You can unhide it by doing- orginize, then folder and search options, then view, then uncheck hide extentions for known file types
Please come check out my channel. I'm new to YouTube and do Minecraft and other games. My channel name is Temido2222. Views and subs would be appreciated!

Register or log in to remove.

monkeyblade99

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

i cant get on to any servers whats happining

colorfusion

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

View Postmonkeyblade99, on 17 November 2012 - 07:18 PM, said:

i cant get on to any servers whats happining

The session servers are down, mojang is working on it.

And before anybody else tells me where it should be, I will say right now that yes, I went into Run, typed in %appdata%, went into .minecraft, then the .bin file, and the jar file just wasn't there.

I have already tried to re-install minecraft, but the .jar file still isn't there. Here is a screen shot:

(I have some trash files that are in there before I knew how to install mods. Ignore that.)

Posted Image

It is there, it's just called "minecraft" though because you have file extensions hidden.

Also why do you seem to be running a server from your .minecraft/bin folder?

DragonMaster16

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:51 AM

How do you change your forum Name? I want to change mine. And how do you get your Avatar Pic to be animated?
Forever protecting Hyrule with the power of the Master Sword, DragonMaster16. I support these mods, and I recommend you check them out! Click a Banner to visit their Thread.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Temido2222

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:59 AM

View PostDragonMaster16, on 18 November 2012 - 12:51 AM, said:

How do you change your forum Name? I want to change mine. And how do you get your Avatar Pic to be animated?
I don't think you can change your name.

View PostOsmoze, on 15 November 2012 - 04:29 PM, said:

And this is for...?
Please come check out my channel. I'm new to YouTube and do Minecraft and other games. My channel name is Temido2222. Views and subs would be appreciated!

The_One_Dresden

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:19 AM

how do you get to the thing where it shows your guy in a blue box running around aimlessly flailng his arms everywhere

MinecraftMuzza
  • Minecraft: Muzza909

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

Hey.. Since the 1.4.4 Update I've Been Having A Few Problems,

1. It Crashes When I Click On Multiplayer, and It Says: ' Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem; Rendering screen '

and Number 2. It Lags Really Bad for A While After I Start It Up.

PLEASE HELP! *Focusing More On #1 Than #2* I REALLY WANT TO PLAY ONLINE

Linq
    Linq

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

i have a problem can you help whenever i want to play minecraft on pc but my launcher  wont pop up and wont come up please help :(

RedWeegee
  • Minecraft: BlueLaw

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

If a villager is killed by a mob or the environment(lava,fire) within 16 blocks of you, is your popularity affected?

Temido2222

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

View PostRedWeegee, on 18 November 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

If a villager is killed by a mob or the environment(lava,fire) within 16 blocks of you, is your popularity affected?
no there is a page on the wiki about this

View PostLinq, on 18 November 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

i have a problem can you help whenever i want to play minecraft on pc but my launcher  wont pop up and wont come up please help Posted Image
launch via the .exe

View PostMinecraftMuzza, on 18 November 2012 - 12:11 PM, said:

Hey.. Since the 1.4.4 Update I've Been Having A Few Problems,

1. It Crashes When I Click On Multiplayer, and It Says: ' Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem; Rendering screen '

and Number 2. It Lags Really Bad for A While After I Start It Up.

PLEASE HELP! *Focusing More On #1 Than #2* I REALLY WANT TO PLAY ONLINE
1. probobly mojang issues

Posted Image
It would help to have a different folder, probobly called server, to hold the server files

DragonMaster16

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

View PostTemido2222, on 18 November 2012 - 04:59 AM, said:

I don't think you can change your name.
Click Display Name History on Archas' Profile. She (I think Archas is a she) changed her name from something else to Archas.
Forever protecting Hyrule with the power of the Master Sword, DragonMaster16. I support these mods, and I recommend you check them out! Click a Banner to visit their Thread.

Posted Image

Posted Image

nanihernandez

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

i nead help!
i have tried to play lan/on a server with my friend it dos not work plz tell step by step what i need to do :)

Keybounce

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

Your problem is a windows problem. Microsoft, in their <redacted> wisdom, decided to hide extensions on files by default, thinking that telling you what kind of file something is would be too confusing. Somehow, Microsoft thought that just the name is all you need to know.

In Windows XP, going from memory, one of the menu options was for view options, and you could bring up a long list of toggle buttons and radio button groups. One of the choices in that list was "Always hide extensions for known file types", and that would be checked. You need to clear it.

Right now, you cannot tell "minecraft.jar" from "minecraft.exe" or "minecraft.txt" or "minecraft.com". And, if you see a file named "minecraft.com", you might think it's a URL link for a browser -- "minecraft.com.url" -- but it might actually be a virus named "minecraft.com.exe".

*THAT* is why this is such a horrible idea.
My channel with Mystcraft, and general Minecraft Let's Plays: http://www.youtube.com/user/Keybounce
** NEW: FtB "Magic Farm", performance testing and java flags.
My main world: http://www.minecraft...ts-play-series/
"Wait, an update?! Geez, I didn't know we skipped Easter and went straight to Christmas."

19L99S
    19L99S

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

I don't know if this question has already been asked and if it has sorry... But has anyone else had any problems with mods?? I mean mods being deleted when the pc is turned off, etc.??

BorneOnTheBayou

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:06 PM

Hi guys,

Noobish question.  Do villagers not go through portals in multiplayer?  Thanks

bivanbi
    bivanbi

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

View PostBorneOnTheBayou, on 21 November 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

Hi guys,

Noobish question.  Do villagers not go through portals in multiplayer?  Thanks

I never saw any intentionally go into a portal, but if they, for instance, get pushed into a portal, they go through.

BorneOnTheBayou

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

View Postbivanbi, on 21 November 2012 - 02:17 PM, said:

I never saw any intentionally go into a portal, but if they, for instance, get pushed into a portal, they go through.

Weird.  On a server last night, I had 4 of them sitting on a portal via water, via pistons, etc last night and they wouldn't budge.  When I tried in single player, they went through instantly.  

I didn't want to lay several thousands of rails through the overworld, so I ended up just saving two zombie villagers.

Thanks though!

RedWeegee
  • Minecraft: BlueLaw

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

What are some general good looking blocks for house building? I plan on building inside>out.

What kind of mob traps still work? I hear mobs no longer walk into flowing water.

relentingbook39

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

Does anybody know the best place to stop and start strip mining for diamonds, because I have heard level 10 and I have also heard level 12, any help?

Keybounce

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

Diamonds are a bit of a problem. In general, if you dig a tunnel two high, one wide, straight across, you will see 4 layers of rock. If that is all you are concerned about, then digging (I think) 11 and 12, to see 10-13, is the best.

However, that fails to take into account lava. Diamonds on 12 can fall down into lava at 11. Digging at 12 and 13 means that 11 is your floor, and you can have lava as you walk; digging at 11 and 12 means lava can flood your passage from the sides.

I don't know the answer when you take lava into account.
I'd recommend digging at 12 and 13, and carrying a water bucket.
Initial testing (back on 132; don't know if it's still the same) revealed that putting water down first, digging the diamond second, would turn the lava into obsidian before the diamond burned up.
My channel with Mystcraft, and general Minecraft Let's Plays: http://www.youtube.com/user/Keybounce
** NEW: FtB "Magic Farm", performance testing and java flags.
My main world: http://www.minecraft...ts-play-series/
"Wait, an update?! Geez, I didn't know we skipped Easter and went straight to Christmas."