• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.2.5] GravityCraft + MineUp 1.1 || Higher Worlds - Planets - Rotated Gravity - More World Generation

world height gravity world layers world generation space dimensions api ivorius

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
703 replies to this topic

Ivorius
    Ivorius

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1133 posts
  • Minecraft: Ivorforce

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:05 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

MineUp adds the possibility to fully customize your world Layers, and thus creating a world of theoretically infinite height.
GravityCraft adds the possibility to rotate any entity to stand on walls, and change its gravity strength.

Announcements

Status: Working on Cubed! Feel free to contribute, suggest (or maybe even apply, via Twitter) there!

GravityCraft got its first official update! You can now save & load layer setups, and use the new directional gravity runes & staffs. Also, plenty of bug fixes.

GravityCraft + MineUp 1.1 is made for MC 1.2.5. A 1.4+ version will come eventually, with added SMP and Forge Support.

Mod made by: Ivorius  -> Ivorius' Mods
Original MineUp:   MineT   -> MineUp

Go To:

Download
Insights
Contents
World Layers
Version History
Help + Documentation
Developer's Help
Mods / Maps / Texture Packs
Forum Banners
Terms and Conditions

Download

Download MineUp + GravityCraft (1.1, MC 1.2.5)

Download the Adapter Files (For Developers)

Download an earlier version

Installing

-Install Modloader
-Open up your minecraft jar, and put the mod in. Don't use the mods folder.

Insights

Mod Showcase part 1, by Cavemanfilms

Mod Showcase part 2, by Cavemanfilms

Video about Gravity directions, by GameChap

Video about the Gravity Well, by GameChap

Spotlight part 1, by Touchy

Spotlight part 1, by Touchy

Spotlight, by SkyNyom

Features of GravityCraft, by me:

Screenshot by Wipper1799
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Contents

Gravity Rune
Spoiler:

Gravity Staff
Spoiler:

Gravity Director
Spoiler:

Gravity Regulator
Spoiler:

Gravity Well
Spoiler:

Gravity Helmet
Spoiler:

The World Layers

When creating a world, you have a fully fledged Gui to customize world generation in layers. For example, you want to be able to dig down into the nether, or build a tower up to the skylands? Or, you want to dig through the world, and come out in an inverted world? No problem!

World
Spoiler:

Nether
Spoiler:

Skylands
Spoiler:

Underground
Spoiler:

Empty
Spoiler:

Version History

Version 1.1
Added layer setup saving & loading
Added directional gravity rune & staff
Bug Fixes

Version 1.0
Original Release!

Help + Documentation

If you need help, or need to contact me in any other way, feel free to send me a private message.
If necessary, you may also send an e-mail: ivorforce(at)googlemail(dot)com

FAQ

-Help, I'm suddenly getting lag, even though it was fine before!
-It's most likely a caching problem. Just change your render distance, and it will reload all the chunks. The performance should be fine then.

-When will version X come out?
When it's done.® Just check my status up above. If it's anywhere close to coming out, I will post it here.

Can I include GravityCraft + MineUp in my mod pack?
Yes, until I add an AdFly link. You must tell me about it before you release it though. Everything else will count as illegal distribution!

Known Bugs
Spoiler:

Known Compatibilities
Spoiler:

The Map Format
Spoiler:

Sharing World setups
Spoiler:

Developer's Help

GravityCraft adds a Gravity + Dimension API. It uses mostly Adapter Files, and thus, your mod does not become dependent. Yes, you won't need MineUp for your mod to still work, you can fully support it without taking any risks.
If you want to have more API possibilities, and profit from additional methods and variables, you have to mod GravityCraft directly. Simply take a minecraft jar where GravityCraft is properly installed, and use that when decompiling with MCP.
The API is fully commented, so you should be able to understand it by its source files.

Tutorial videos will follow later.

Here's what you can do with it:

-Create new World Layers, with a custom options GUI (optional)
-Create new Dimensions (also during runtime), with any amount of Layers you feel like
-Change the dimension, and create custom entry areas
-Change any entities' gravity, or gravity strength

Mods / Maps / Texture Packs

If you made a mod with added GravityCraft + MineUp support, a map that GC, or a texture pack supporting its items, be sure to send it in. I will list it here then, for you to get quicker recognition.

Mods

Maps

[WIP] Super Mario Galaxy Minecraft Style (By Safaro)
[WIP] GalaxyCraft (By Lokomo)
[WIP] Super Mario Galaxy - A Modmap (By CubeMaster_1)

Texture Packs

Forum Banners

Want to support GravityCraft + MineUp? Awesome! I've prepared some forum banners you are free to use.

[url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1402701-125"][img]http://i.imgur.com/AO4PY.png[/img][/url]
Posted Image

[url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1402701-125"][img]http://i.imgur.com/mxZBh.png[/img][/url]
Posted Image

[url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1402701-125"][img]http://i.imgur.com/VkAZL.png[/img][/url]
Posted Image

Terms and Conditions
0. USED TERMS
MOD - modification, plugin, a piece of software that interfaces with the Minecraft client to extend, add, change or remove original capabilities.
MOJANG - Mojang AB
OWNER - Lukas Tenbrink, Original author of the MOD. Under the copyright terms accepted when purchasing Minecraft (http://www.minecraft.net/copyright.jsp) the OWNER has full rights over their MOD despite use of MOJANG code.
USER - End user of the mod, person installing the mod.

1. LIABILITY
THIS MOD IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE OWNER OF THIS MOD TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THIS MOD. THIS MOD ALTERS FUNDAMENTAL PARTS OF THE MINECRAFT GAME, PARTS OF MINECRAFT MAY NOT WORK WITH THIS MOD INSTALLED. ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS MOD FALL ON THE USER.

2. USE
Use of this MOD to be installed, manually or automatically, is given to the USER without restriction.

3. REDISTRIBUTION
This MOD may only be distributed where uploaded, mirrored, or otherwise linked to by the OWNER solely. All mirrors of this mod must have advance written permission from the OWNER. ANY attempts to make money off of this MOD (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, sharecash, etc.) are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN, and the OWNER may claim damages or take other action to rectify the situation.

4. DERIVATIVE WORKS/MODIFICATION
This mod is provided freely and may be decompiled and modified for private use, either with a decompiler or a bytecode editor. Public distribution of modified versions of this MOD require advance written permission of the OWNER and may be subject to certain terms.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

MineT3485
  • Minecraft: T_34_85

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:16 PM

At last! :Diamond:
Posted Image

Bardouli

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:28 PM

I have made my own Gravity mod aka Gravity Science (http://www.minecraft...nce-v04-6000dl/), but i'm really excited to see finally GravityCraft released. For me, one of the best part is the World Layers, with more dimension, it will be f****** insane.

Good Luck.
Posted Image

microjunk
  • Minecraft: imrlyfkdnow

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

thanks so much for this, been keeping an eye on it for a bit, part of the reason i bought minecraft
Check out Builder Mod...here...
Find out how I generate....coolAlias...world structure generation and rotation tool...

MineT3485
  • Minecraft: T_34_85

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

MINE UP!
I am very glad that you completed our mod.
Posted Image

eraykaan
    eraykaan

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:26 PM

Update it soonest as you can PLEASE!!!!
MY SKYPE: eray__k
Posted Image

The_Batman
  • Minecraft: DigitalBlawks

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:29 PM

Awesome it now has it's own thread! I can't wait to see what else is to come in 1.3!!!
Posted Image

BillyGumdrops

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:57 PM

Can't wait to try this out.

CubeMaster_1
  • Minecraft: CubeMaster_1

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:09 PM

Please make a 1.3.1 version from GC! I need it for my modmap. Please!

PhineasFlynn

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:19 PM

This mod is funny, can't wait for 1.3.1 update!
Posted Image

codygizmo
  • Minecraft: codygizmo

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:22 PM

Do u guys know if theres a place in the forum i can place this idea?:

New game type: Sideways Survival!
This game type requires Ivorius's GravityCraft + Mineup mod: http://www.minecraft...tycraft-mineup/
and a mod that allows u to change gamemode or spawn stuff <SPC or TMI>.

To play, you must spawn in a gravity director and a gravity staff to change your gravity so you fall sideways (doesnt matter wat direction.) Then, delete the items. Now you can begin! Play minecraft survival normally however, you will always be sideways. Makes for a disorienting challenge :D
Posted Image

anicet74
    anicet74

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1583 posts
  • Location: In a white and weird antichamber,trying to get out of it
  • Minecraft: Someone...

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:46 PM

Do u guys know if theres a place in the forum i can place this idea?:

New game type: Sideways Survival!
This game type requires Ivorius's GravityCraft + Mineup mod: http://www.minecraft...tycraft-mineup/
and a mod that allows u to change gamemode or spawn stuff <SPC or TMI>.

To play, you must spawn in a gravity director and a gravity staff to change your gravity so you fall sideways (doesnt matter wat direction.) Then, delete the items. Now you can begin! Play minecraft survival normally however, you will always be sideways. Makes for a disorienting challenge Posted Image

I've already tried (during 1.8.1 pre-release) thats really really hard,try to don't fall

Posted Image
English isn't my native language,if sometimes I'm doing errors or feeling rude because of something said incorectly,please tell me,that will help me to improve my english level

THANKS

samuelthomas901
  • Minecraft: Dragon_Lord1

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:49 PM

I try to open a world, then it crashes after it loads the world. I don't know how to fix it, unless I installed it in correctly...

DarkenMoon97
  • Minecraft: DarkenMoon97
  • Xbox:DarkenMoon97
  • PSN:ratchetq97

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:20 AM

I don't care that this is 1.2.5, this is still badass enough to check out.

anicet74
    anicet74

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1583 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:26 AM

I try to open a world, then it crashes after it loads the world. I don't know how to fix it, unless I installed it in correctly...
same problem,please help!!!

Posted Image
English isn't my native language,if sometimes I'm doing errors or feeling rude because of something said incorectly,please tell me,that will help me to improve my english level

THANKS

Nazula
    Nazula

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 398 posts
  • Minecraft: Nazula

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:49 AM

This is looks really nice, time to get out my latest version of mcnostalgia and check it out!

EDIT: does this require modloader?  As I get a black screen after installation, made sure to delete meta-inf.

EDIT2: I tried again, with a fresh new 1.2.5 minecraft .jar, the 1.2.5 modloader by risugami didn't work.  I'll look into this in a bit, if this post doesn't get quoted, as if you quote me I'll be sure to come back Posted Image

EDIT3: Must have been mcnostalgia, as 1.2.5 won't load with a fresh .minecraft folder, as it appears as a black screen like the errors above.

EDIT4: Brought up a very, very old backup of mine and used that as my 1.2.5 .minecraft folder (had modloader in it) and I dragged the contents of zip file into .jar and it worked!

EDIT5:

View Postanicet74, on 06 August 2012 - 01:04 AM, said:

this mod require modloader (about your black screen,it's when you start the game or when you start a new world?)

Thanks for trying to help, but I got it all under control.  :)

Edited by Nazula, 06 August 2012 - 01:14 AM.

Posted Image

anicet74
    anicet74

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1583 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:04 AM

my game is working again,and I've seen you have fixed the 3rd person view,good (and thank you Ivorus to have made this awsome mod)

EDIT: does this require modloader?  As I get a black screen after installation, made sure to delete meta-inf.

this mod require modloader (about your black screen,it's when you start the game or when you start a new world?)

Posted Image

THANKS

anicet74
    anicet74

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1583 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:33 AM

Posted Image it's incompatible with guliver mod : http://www.minecraft...0000-downloads/

Posted Image

THANKS

Pearlpalkia1
  • Minecraft: Being a slime person.

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:04 AM

View Postanicet74, on 06 August 2012 - 01:33 AM, said:

Posted Image it's incompatible with guliver mod : http://www.minecraft...0000-downloads/
Try adding ModloaderMP, see if that works.
Posted Image

dm2
    dm2

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Minecraft: thelavaknightdm2

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:10 AM

its about damn time lol took long enough uber excited for this now :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D::D:D:DD:D::D:D:D:D:D:D:D::D:D
i am a dragony the only of my kind.....and i will kill all who opose me