Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft server won't let others connect

help minecraft server connect

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

choppertrainee

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:12 PM

I have been running a small vanilla Minecraft server through Hamachi for a few months now, but after updating both the server client as well as my Minecraft client to 1.3.1, I've run into a few issues. Basically, I can connect to my own server, but nobody else can. They have all upgraded their versions of Minecraft to 1.3.1 as well. When looking to join my server, they all get the standard 'Can't reach server' message. I have not made any changes to the firewall settings recently, but it should be noted that I hadn't put the server up for about two weeks prior to the issue occurring.

During those two weeks, I have instead been running a Tekkit server without any sort of problems with connections. And, in fact, the Tekkit server still operates flawlessly if I put it up currently. Is there any sort of conflict the Tekkit server may have caused with the vanilla server client? I have the Tekkit server set to port forward to a different address. It seems as if it is the standard server client that is causing all the issues.

I appreciate any help anyone may be able to give me regarding this topic. I have something important planned which will utilize the server relatively soon, so I really need to get it up and running ASAP. Feel free to post any questions for clarification! Thanks!

Register or log in to remove.

TehKitti
    TehKitti

Sphynx

• Retired Staff
  • 1573 posts
  • Minecraft: TehKitti

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:55 PM

Why don't you try port forwarding instead? Also make sure that your Hamachi IP hasn't changed.

Quote my post to receive a reply.

Global Rules | Servers Sectional Rules | Support Sectional Rules

choppertrainee

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:33 PM

View PostTehKitti, on 04 August 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

Why don't you try port forwarding instead? Also make sure that your Hamachi IP hasn't changed.

I have actually tried port forwarding with the same result. My Hamachi IP hasn't changed either, but thanks for the suggestions!

DogsRNice

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:28 PM

how do you port forward?
Posted Image

TehKitti
    TehKitti

Sphynx

• Retired Staff
  • 1573 posts
  • Minecraft: TehKitti

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:33 PM

View PostDogsRNice, on 04 August 2012 - 11:28 PM, said:

how do you port forward?
Look it up on google. There are thousands of tutorials on how to do it. I'm serious too.

Quote my post to receive a reply.

Global Rules | Servers Sectional Rules | Support Sectional Rules

DogsRNice

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:54 PM

dang it i have a stupid router and no one can do it
Posted Image

choppertrainee

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:13 AM

Still looking for any more suggestions on what my problem may be

Daskie
    Daskie

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Minecraft: Daskie

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:49 AM

I have been having the exact same problem, and have been vigilantly trying to find the solution, so it's great to see it up on the forums.

So, same story, minecraft 1.2.5 and previous servers as well as tekkit and hack/mine servers I've hosted, all via Hamachi, and have never had an issue. Now, since the release of 1.3.1, (and I'm using the 1.3.1 mincraft server.exe from minecraft.net) I try to host the server same as always, and although I can connect fine, others cannot. And I'm just repeating the initial post...

Anyway, HELP! lol. Is there something we're missing here? a small adjustment, or perhaps one more simple step that needs taken when hosting a 1.3.1 server?? We can't wait to play with all the new features of 1.3.1, but first a solution must be found!

Thank you for any aid.

choppertrainee

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:23 PM

I am so glad I'm not alone. Thanks for taking the time to respond to the post! Still looking for answers!

Daskie
    Daskie

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Minecraft: Daskie

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:34 AM

When I find the solution, if it does not come from this post, I will certainly post it.

choppertrainee

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:57 AM

Thank you very much!

Croak90
    Croak90

Carpenter

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:09 AM

I've been having the EXACT same problem too, except I've never run a tekkit/hack n mine server. I had this problem in the past too, I can't remember which update it was but it was around the 1.8 update. No one could connect to my server, I checked white list, ip addresses of both hamachi and my server, updates, everything. Nothing could get it to work for the entire update, and the server only started working again after the following update came out. I'm with all of you on bringing this problem to Mojang's attention and getting it fixed, this is seriously annoying when you like to play with friends.
\/\/DWARVEN CITY SURVIVAL! Start Building.\/\/
http://www.minecraft...8-dwarven-city/