• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[CTM][Collection] Draco Rogue's Vault of Adventures - I have returned to the building!

ctm survival collection vault of adventures draco_rogue complete the monument

• Please log in to reply
600 replies to this topic

Draco_Rogue
    Draco_Rogue

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Minecraft: Draco_Rogue

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:37 AM

Welcome to the...

Posted Image

Hey guys. I'm Draco Rogue. Welcome to my collection of CTM Maps!

I love the concept of CTM Maps. Vechs, the mastermind behind it all, inspired many to create their own. Visit the Super Hostile Forums by clicking here. My maps will probably never be as hard as Vechs’, as I will be focusing more on aesthetics of the areas, and making them unique.  But this doesn't mean my maps won't be have equally as great of gameplay. I wanted to make my maps by using a different approach than most map makers. I won't use too many devious traps, I want you to gaze at the wonderful landscapes most of the time.

- - - - -

Posted Image

:- Vault of Adventures Trilogy -:

- February 16 2013 -

Vault of Adventures 1 - Lands of Desire II [RECOMMENDED IN 1.5.2]

Spoiler: Map Information
Lands of Desire II Victory Screenshots:
Spoiler:
Lands of Desire II Beta Testers' Victory Screenshots:
Spoiler:
LP's of Lands of Desire II:

WARNING:

The map utilizes the use of command blocks very heavily. It is recommended you play without mods, with the exception of Optifine or other graphic or sound tweaks. If you're playing on a server, enable command blocks by setting 'commandblockoutput' to TRUE.

Milestones:

100 downloads - 17 February 2013
500 downloads - 20 February 2013
1000 downloads - 27 February 2013
1500 downloads - 29 March 2013
2000 downloads - 26 May 2013

- - - - -

Vault of Adventures 2 - Legends of Argonia

This map is the second of the Vault of Adventures trilogy. The story continues from the first adventure, in the Lands of Desire. Legends of Argonia will take you through the War of the Darkness, and will invite you to an adventure of mysterious tales from different perspectives.

Currently in development. No ETA at this moment.

Progress:

Posted Image  - Done!

Posted Image  - Currently in progress.

Posted Image  - Not started.

Intersection 1 - Posted Image

Intersection 2 - Posted Image

Intersection 3 - Posted Image  (80% finished, need to adjust loot and spawners and remake monument area)

Intersection 4 - Posted Image  (10% finished, there are several large areas to go)

- - - - -
Posted Image

- October 11 2012 -

Mini Adventures 1 - Fortress Assault

Spoiler:

- January 2 2013 -

Mini Adventures 2 - Winter Falls

Spoiler: Map Information

- - - - -

Posted Image

-:- Rules -:-

1. Find and complete the Elemental Shrine (Victory Monument).
2. Use the Wool found in chests for the Monument. Do not craft the wool, or steal them from sheep or spiders.
3. Always play on Easy or higher difficulty.
4. Survive in any way you can. This includes growing food, killing mobs, breaking blocks, crafting. Pretty much anything you can do in normal Minecraft!
5. Don’t leave the boundaries of the map.
6. Do not use Mods that ruin gameplay. Graphic or performance tweaks like Optifine are allowed.
7. Please do not create a Nether Portal, craft enderchests or craft invisibility potions.
8. Have fun, and post about your progress and what your thoughts are! I love reading your feedback.

-:- Map Styles -:-

Open World - The World is Open. Explore anywhere you want. Dungeons will be spread out throughout the land.

Linear-Branching - A linear path that eventually branches out into more paths. You will need to take all paths to progress.

Open-Branching - A combination of Linear Branching and Open World. Mainly uses teleporters in these maps. Lands of Desire II is a great example of how this works.

-:- Map Difficulties -:-

Maps can often have two difficulties. Example, Easy-Medium.

Easy - These maps will provide a rather peaceful adventure for even CTM Beginners. A lot of resources, equipment and overall not too hard. Good for CTM Veterans too, if they want a break from the usual Hard difficulty maps.

Medium - The average difficulty. A step up from Easy, although still behind Hard. More spawners, less resources and equipment.

Hard - These are made with a devious mind, thinking of ways to cause intense pressure to the player, and keep you on your toes. You will need to look out for resources, as supplies are scarce.

- - - - -

Posted Image

Do you want to spread the word about this map series? Then please use one of these banners under the spoiler. There are many to choose from, just pick one, copy the code and paste them into your signature!
Spoiler:

Legal Stuff:
Spoiler:

If you like this series, then don't forget to upvote this post! Posted Image

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Apy1xx
    Apy1xx

Carpenter

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:37 AM

map looks great!

Draco_Rogue
    Draco_Rogue

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1114 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:47 PM

Thanks! Hope you enjoy.
Posted Image

The_Forgotten
  • Minecraft: Bubble_Man

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:28 PM

View PostXL_Legendary, on 04 August 2012 - 10:47 PM, said:

Anyone want to tell me a tip for 'kickstarting' this thread?

Oh, oh! I know!

Make screenshots easier to access, because as they are right now, you'll only find them if you read well. Some people will want a first impression that hits and sells the map. Try taking the most awesome screenshot you can, make it all neat, then post it near the top of the thread for all to see! That's bound to attract more players - I know it'd work on me. Also, although your formatting is pretty solid, it could still use some work. Maybe a bit more fonts and effects to the text could make it easier to read, and a table of contents at the beginning would help look around! That said, I still never got how to make a table of contents in which clicking the title of the sub-section brings you to said-sub-section. Tell me if you find out.

Otherwise, seems neat to me! It'll go better once you've got some playthroughs to showcase, or even a trailer. I do like the idea of banners, though! Never did that myself, but maybe I should have. After all, if they look cool like that, some people might enjoy spreading them... Publicity is often a strong tool, in a place like this! :D
Posted Image

Ihateyoumr_1o1
  • Minecraft: ihateyoumr1o1
  • Xbox:BOO XBOX!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:29 AM

You my good friend are more evil then vechs and i should know i have played all his maps. I was 20 mins in and found The town
of silence first thing that goes through my mind "I just run through here and light it all up well as i was doing that i ran into a house that had a creeper. So i blocked but the wall was wide open so i started to repair and heard alot of spiders. I then ran into a 2 story house across the way bad move. In the end i tried 4 more times on that duengon All failed. I say good sir you are a evil master mind!
Posted Image

Draco_Rogue
    Draco_Rogue

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1114 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:04 AM

View PostThe_Forgotten, on 04 August 2012 - 11:28 PM, said:

Oh, oh! I know!

Make screenshots easier to access, because as they are right now, you'll only find them if you read well. Some people will want a first impression that hits and sells the map. Try taking the most awesome screenshot you can, make it all neat, then post it near the top of the thread for all to see! That's bound to attract more players - I know it'd work on me. Also, although your formatting is pretty solid, it could still use some work. Maybe a bit more fonts and effects to the text could make it easier to read, and a table of contents at the beginning would help look around! That said, I still never got how to make a table of contents in which clicking the title of the sub-section brings you to said-sub-section. Tell me if you find out.

Otherwise, seems neat to me! It'll go better once you've got some playthroughs to showcase, or even a trailer. I do like the idea of banners, though! Never did that myself, but maybe I should have. After all, if they look cool like that, some people might enjoy spreading them... Publicity is often a strong tool, in a place like this! Posted Image
Thanks for the advice! I'll edit this thread a bit more and try to make it the best I can! Posted Image

View PostIhateyoumr_1o1, on 05 August 2012 - 03:29 AM, said:

You my good friend are more evil then vechs and i should know i have played all his maps. I was 20 mins in and found The town
of silence first thing that goes through my mind "I just run through here and light it all up well as i was doing that i ran into a house that had a creeper. So i blocked but the wall was wide open so i started to repair and heard alot of spiders. I then ran into a 2 story house across the way bad move. In the end i tried 4 more times on that duengon All failed. I say good sir you are a evil master mind!
Hehe. Weird, because when I tested out this map myself (In 1.2.5), I only died once or twice in the Town of Silence. Then again I was well prepared. Posted Image
Posted Image

xxThundermacexx

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:57 AM

I'll do a Lp of this map.  I will start recording in the morning.

Draco_Rogue
    Draco_Rogue

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1114 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:00 AM

View PostxxThundermacexx, on 05 August 2012 - 04:57 AM, said:

I'll do a Lp of this map.  I will start recording in the morning.

Thanks! Looking forward to watching it!

Oh... Good luck. Posted Image
Posted Image

Draco_Rogue
    Draco_Rogue

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1114 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:20 AM

Edited the pictures and the thread a bit. Hope you like the screenshots! Posted Image
Posted Image

xxThundermacexx

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:24 PM

Posted Image

Ihateyoumr_1o1

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:34 PM

I want to do an lp... but i just dont like Open world maps for lps :(
Posted Image

Draco_Rogue
    Draco_Rogue

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1114 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:12 AM

View PostIhateyoumr_1o1, on 05 August 2012 - 11:34 PM, said:

I want to do an lp... but i just dont like Open world maps for lps Posted Image

It's not a huge map. All (Most) areas / dungeons are close together.
Posted Image

Ihateyoumr_1o1

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

Well overall i enjoyed this map ^_^ (and yes i beat the town of silence) I cant wait for the next one any hints for us?
Posted Image

Draco_Rogue
    Draco_Rogue

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1114 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:59 AM

View PostIhateyoumr_1o1, on 06 August 2012 - 07:26 PM, said:

Well overall i enjoyed this map Posted Image (and yes i beat the town of silence) I cant wait for the next one any hints for us?

Thanks, and well done! Did you get all 16 wool though? How many times did you die? Posted Image

I have the next map planned, but I won't reveal anything. Yet.
Posted Image

Ihateyoumr_1o1

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:17 AM

I died about 23 times in total Posted Image So no hints of what type D:
Posted Image

Draco_Rogue
    Draco_Rogue

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1114 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:21 AM

This post has been removed for redundancy.
Posted Image

Ihateyoumr_1o1

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:42 PM

o_O I suspect lava and alot of it
Posted Image

Draco_Rogue
    Draco_Rogue

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1114 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:29 AM

EDIT:

Success! Banner links are working! Try them out!
Posted Image

Draco_Rogue
    Draco_Rogue

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1114 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:53 AM

Edited. Lands of Desire II is coming out soon.
Posted Image

Ihateyoumr_1o1

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:12 PM

Hehe 2nd map looks like my kind of place
Posted Image