Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.5.2][Forge][ModLoader][SSP+SMP] Davidee's Updated 1.5.2 Mods! ~AutoJoin, Painting GUI, Note GUI,Toggle Sneak/Sprint~


  • Please log in to reply
673 replies to this topic

#41

Shoop_Do_Whoop

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:07 PM

I want to use this with the OldDays mod, but all of its dev versions are having MAJOR compatibility issues. Does the painting GUI mod edit any Base Classes? Exalm said that would be important.

Life is like a clogged toilet: It's full of crap until you do something worth remembering in it.

Posted Image


Register or log in to remove.

#42

Davidee
    Davidee

    Obsidian Miner

  • Members
  • 1481 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:36 PM

View Postnecrodestroyer, on 21 August 2012 - 02:15 PM, said:

if you are making a custom map and you use the mob spawn controls do the mobs still spawn if another person plays on the map?
They would have to download the mod and you'd have to include the SpawnConfiguration.txt with the map (it's saved in each world folder).

View PostAixler, on 21 August 2012 - 02:47 PM, said:

Exactly!

I hope such a small change it isn't too much work, but it would be very useful!
Holding C would give far more control in small/precise movements than a toggle.
Alright, I will add this in the next update. Stay tuned! :)

View PostVert77, on 21 August 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

Awesome mods bro, downloaded all except toggle-able sprint and shift because I dont like toggle-able sprint or shift or whatever. Antvenom brought me here Posted Image I gave you a +1 btw
Thank you! And I would recommend trying the Toggle mod. It doesn't force you to use the toggle - it gives you the option to use it.

Pressing 'G' turns on/off Toggle Sneak Mod - press (not hold) sneak to start sneaking
Pressing 'C' turns on/off AutoSprint

..in more relative terms

View PostiPrepecen, on 21 August 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

Keeps crashing, when i installed autojoin and painting mod, it crashed when i tried to enter the game, when i just installed painting mod i could enter the game but it would crash when i place the picture ...

View PostiPrepecen, on 21 August 2012 - 08:24 PM, said:

Oh i didn't install modloader now it works fine, btw. you should make painting gui works in multiplayer Posted Image
I am making it for Multiplayer. It will require Minecraft Forge, however.

View PostShoop_Do_Whoop, on 21 August 2012 - 09:07 PM, said:

I want to use this with the OldDays mod, but all of its dev versions are having MAJOR compatibility issues. Does the painting GUI mod edit any Base Classes? Exalm said that would be important.
I honestly have no idea if it is compatible with it or not. However, I can say that it should be. The Painting Selection GUI mod only edits 1 class file - (ItemPainting). I can't see that mod editing that file, but try it and let me know!

#43

Exalm
    Exalm

    End Dweller

  • Members
  • 7467 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:12 AM

View PostDavidee, on 21 August 2012 - 11:36 PM, said:

I honestly have no idea if it is compatible with it or not. However, I can say that it should be. The Painting Selection GUI mod only edits 1 class file - (ItemPainting). I can't see that mod editing that file, but try it and let me know!
Since you use modloader, it doesn't matter ATM.
OldDays does nothing with compatibility here, as I don't edit ItemPainting.
Issue is with SSP mod: I changed type of fields in net.minecraft.client.Minecraft class:
theWorld — WorldClient to World
thePlayer — EntityClientPlayerMP to EntityPlayerSP
playerController — PlayerControllerMP to PlayerController.
IDK how it should work, but MCP fails to reobfuscate this and leaves World theWorld field, while it should be World g. Instead it makes next field have g name. No, I was wrong. They have right names, but still different type.
ModLoader and other mods search for original fields and don't find them.

I will fix it, but for now that is.

So it's not your mod, it's ModLoader. ;)

Posted Image

My UA on laptop: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0 SeaMonkey/2.24 Lightning/2.9b1; I use Ubuntu 13.10 here.
And on desktop: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0; Here I use openSUSE 12.2.

#44

LeCrisis
    LeCrisis

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:28 AM

Now , This .. This is AWESOME !

#45

nnnn20430

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:18 AM

im gona wait for achievement api to be updated its my fav

Posted Image


#46

jamiro11
    jamiro11

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

love your mods i watched the vid that antvenom made and the mods work really wel. good coding my friend!

#47

LeoAiolia

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:34 PM

One problem for me. I use default Minecraft texture pack but i modified my painting (kz.png in art folder) in minecraft.jar to 64x. When I try to place a painting the gui is very messy

Here's image of what i mean:
Posted Image

Is it because of the texture pack is 16x (default) but the painting is 64x so the game think that it's using 16x texture pack? Any way this mod is still very useful for me even the painting doesn't show up.

Another things, I'm on Minecraft 1.3.1 can i use version 1.3.2 of mod?

#48

Davidee
    Davidee

    Obsidian Miner

  • Members
  • 1481 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:12 PM

View PostExalm, on 22 August 2012 - 06:12 AM, said:

Since you use modloader, it doesn't matter ATM.
OldDays does nothing with compatibility here, as I don't edit ItemPainting.
Issue is with SSP mod: I changed type of fields in net.minecraft.client.Minecraft class:
theWorld — WorldClient to World
thePlayer — EntityClientPlayerMP to EntityPlayerSP
playerController — PlayerControllerMP to PlayerController.
IDK how it should work, but MCP fails to reobfuscate this and leaves World theWorld field, while it should be World g. Instead it makes next field have g name. No, I was wrong. They have right names, but still different type.
ModLoader and other mods search for original fields and don't find them.

I will fix it, but for now that is.

So it's not your mod, it's ModLoader. Posted Image
So your mod isn't compatible with ModLoader? You should really try to fix that. Also, you don't need to change the fields on the Minecraft class, you just need to cast them. x.x

View PostLeCrisis, on 22 August 2012 - 08:28 AM, said:

Now , This .. This is AWESOME !
Thank you! Posted Image

View Postnnnn20430, on 22 August 2012 - 09:18 AM, said:

im gona wait for achievement api to be updated its my fav
I'm working on it! Posted Image

View Postjamiro11, on 22 August 2012 - 09:45 AM, said:

love your mods i watched the vid that antvenom made and the mods work really wel. good coding my friend!
Yeah, he made a really nice video about it. Thanks!

View PostLeoAiolia, on 22 August 2012 - 02:34 PM, said:

One problem for me. I use default Minecraft texture pack but i modified my painting (kz.png in art folder) in minecraft.jar to 64x. When I try to place a painting the gui is very messy

Here's image of what i mean:
Posted Image

Is it because of the texture pack is 16x (default) but the painting is 64x so the game think that it's using 16x texture pack? Any way this mod is still very useful for me even the painting doesn't show up.

Another things, I'm on Minecraft 1.3.1 can i use version 1.3.2 of mod?
Hmm, do the paintings actually show up right (in game)? If they do, I'll have to try to fix this.

And no, you need the 1.3.1 version for Minecraft 1.3.1.

#49

Exalm
    Exalm

    End Dweller

  • Members
  • 7467 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

View PostDavidee, on 22 August 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:


So your mod isn't compatible with ModLoader? You should really try to fix that. Also, you don't need to change the fields on the Minecraft class, you just need to cast them. x.x
I can't cast them, since they don't inherit from ones in Minecraft class.

I need to replace EntityClientPlayerMP with EntityPlayerSP. But the thing is that entityclientplayermp inherits from entityplayersp, and not vice versa.

I already fixed this with PlayerController, however.
I tried to create a new EntityPlayerSP that inherits from entityclientplayermp, but ran into this: http://www.minecraft...ing-this-object

Posted Image

My UA on laptop: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0 SeaMonkey/2.24 Lightning/2.9b1; I use Ubuntu 13.10 here.
And on desktop: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0; Here I use openSUSE 12.2.

#50

MrFizzlez

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:00 PM

My sprint/sneak toggle won't work properly.
It won't let me change either of them because of the 'done' button in the way.
Heres a pic:
Posted Image
It's really annoying because I want to change the sprint key to 'R' and I can't.
It's a good mod besides that though :)

#51

Exalm
    Exalm

    End Dweller

  • Members
  • 7467 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:03 PM

View PostMrFizzlez, on 22 August 2012 - 04:00 PM, said:

My sprint/sneak toggle won't work properly.
It won't let me change either of them because of the 'done' button in the way.
Heres a pic:
<screenshot>
It's really annoying because I want to change the sprint key to 'R' and I can't.
It's a good mod besides that though :)
Actually it's Minecraft bug. All mods that add key bindings have this issue.

Posted Image

My UA on laptop: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0 SeaMonkey/2.24 Lightning/2.9b1; I use Ubuntu 13.10 here.
And on desktop: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0; Here I use openSUSE 12.2.

#52

MrFizzlez

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:05 PM

View PostExalm, on 22 August 2012 - 04:03 PM, said:

Actually it's Minecraft bug. All mods that add key bindings have this issue.
So can I fix it somehow?

#53

Exalm
    Exalm

    End Dweller

  • Members
  • 7467 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:03 PM

View PostMrFizzlez, on 22 August 2012 - 04:05 PM, said:


So can I fix it somehow?
There was a mod to make settings a list, like in texture pack selection. Search for it.

Posted Image

My UA on laptop: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0 SeaMonkey/2.24 Lightning/2.9b1; I use Ubuntu 13.10 here.
And on desktop: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0; Here I use openSUSE 12.2.

#54

Davidee
    Davidee

    Obsidian Miner

  • Members
  • 1481 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:18 PM

View PostExalm, on 22 August 2012 - 03:16 PM, said:

I can't cast them, since they don't inherit from ones in Minecraft class.

I need to replace EntityClientPlayerMP with EntityPlayerSP. But the thing is that entityclientplayermp inherits from entityplayersp, and not vice versa.

I already fixed this with PlayerController, however.
I tried to create a new EntityPlayerSP that inherits from entityclientplayermp, but ran into this: http://www.minecraft...ing-this-object
Hopefully, our mods will be compatible soon! Fix it and we should be good.

View PostMrFizzlez, on 22 August 2012 - 04:00 PM, said:

My sprint/sneak toggle won't work properly.
It won't let me change either of them because of the 'done' button in the way.
Heres a pic:
Posted Image
It's really annoying because I want to change the sprint key to 'R' and I can't.
It's a good mod besides that though Posted Image
Yeah, it's a known minecraft bug....

View PostExalm, on 22 August 2012 - 04:03 PM, said:

Actually it's Minecraft bug. All mods that add key bindings have this issue.
Yep!

View PostMrFizzlez, on 22 August 2012 - 04:05 PM, said:

So can I fix it somehow?

View PostExalm, on 22 August 2012 - 05:03 PM, said:

There was a mod to make settings a list, like in texture pack selection. Search for it.
I know Minecraft Forge does this --- I think Optifine might do this as well? Not sure.

#55

Chikincows
  • Location: Texas, USA
  • Minecraft: chikincows

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:05 AM

Good job bro, I really like your mods. I tried to download the autojoin mod, but when I download it, I get frozen on the Mojang logo. I downloaded modloader, and it works, but when I copied, pasted, and replaced your mod into the minecraft folder (I use mac), it didn't work. I merged the 2 com folders and tried it without mergin and just replacing the old with the new, but I still cannot get it to work. Any help?
Posted Image

#56

Exalm
    Exalm

    End Dweller

  • Members
  • 7467 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:50 AM

View PostDavidee, on 22 August 2012 - 09:18 PM, said:

I know Minecraft Forge does this --- I think Optifine might do this as well? Not sure.
No, it was called "Control list fix" or something like that. Maybe Forge does that too now.

Posted Image

My UA on laptop: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0 SeaMonkey/2.24 Lightning/2.9b1; I use Ubuntu 13.10 here.
And on desktop: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0; Here I use openSUSE 12.2.

#57

ClutchHunter
  • Location: North London, UK
  • Minecraft: FuSioNzPS3
  • Xbox:Clutch Hunterr

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:04 AM

To everyone above, you can fix the control menu button using the mod Scrollable Controls Menu. The author hasn't updated beyond 1.2.x however it has been unofficially kept up to date in the comments. It works for me! Posted Image



Also, Painting GUI is causing me to crash as soon as I try to right-click and place a painting.

Spoiler:


#58

Exalm
    Exalm

    End Dweller

  • Members
  • 7467 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:07 AM

View PostClutchHunter, on 23 August 2012 - 07:04 AM, said:

To everyone above, you can fix the control menu button using the mod Scrollable Controls Menu. The author hasn't updated beyond 1.2.x however it has been unofficially kept up to date in the comments. It works for me! :)
Oh, that's what I meant. :)

Posted Image

My UA on laptop: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0 SeaMonkey/2.24 Lightning/2.9b1; I use Ubuntu 13.10 here.
And on desktop: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0; Here I use openSUSE 12.2.

#59

Exalm
    Exalm

    End Dweller

  • Members
  • 7467 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:16 AM

Well, your mod now works with OldDays in SMP mode. :)

However, not in SSP. There is issue with handling client->server packets, since there are no EntityPlayerMPs.

Posted Image

My UA on laptop: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0 SeaMonkey/2.24 Lightning/2.9b1; I use Ubuntu 13.10 here.
And on desktop: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0; Here I use openSUSE 12.2.

#60

Davidee
    Davidee

    Obsidian Miner

  • Members
  • 1481 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:00 PM

View PostChikincows, on 23 August 2012 - 02:05 AM, said:

Good job bro, I really like your mods. I tried to download the autojoin mod, but when I download it, I get frozen on the Mojang logo. I downloaded modloader, and it works, but when I copied, pasted, and replaced your mod into the minecraft folder (I use mac), it didn't work. I merged the 2 com folders and tried it without mergin and just replacing the old with the new, but I still cannot get it to work. Any help?
Thanks! Well, you need to paste all of the files in the AutoJoin zip file into the Minecraft.jar, AFTER installing ModLoader. And you need to delete the META-INF.

View PostExalm, on 23 August 2012 - 05:50 AM, said:

No, it was called "Control list fix" or something like that. Maybe Forge does that too now.
Oh, never heard of it. But Forge does make a nice list.

View PostClutchHunter, on 23 August 2012 - 07:04 AM, said:

To everyone above, you can fix the control menu button using the mod Scrollable Controls Menu. The author hasn't updated beyond 1.2.x however it has been unofficially kept up to date in the comments. It works for me! Posted Image



Also, Painting GUI is causing me to crash as soon as I try to right-click and place a painting.

Spoiler:
I'm assuming you are using Minecraft Forge? Just released a new version to fix that.

View PostExalm, on 23 August 2012 - 07:07 AM, said:

Oh, that's what I meant. Posted Image
Posted Image

View PostExalm, on 23 August 2012 - 11:16 AM, said:

Well, your mod now works with OldDays in SMP mode. Posted Image

However, not in SSP. There is issue with handling client->server packets, since there are no EntityPlayerMPs.
Sounds good to me! Posted Image

Updates : The Note and Painting Selection Mods have been updated. They should now be compatible with Forge. Also, the GUIs will properly close when you die.