Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

1.3 Minecraft- Done Loading Error

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

The_Flooper

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:05 PM

Hi all,
I have been playing Minecraft for a few years, but then lost my account. I now have a simple guest account and was forced to remove Minecraft from the computer a few months ago. I downloaded Minecraft and went to import my saves into .minecraft, yet there was nothing there except for a "bin" folder. I have tried downloading, reordering, and changing things, but the folder remains empty.

Now there is also another problem, obviously caused by the previous. I start Minecraft, and cannot play online as a regular (non-premium), so select "Try Demo". Upon selection, the screen immediately loads to a 90% full bar and states "Done Loading" underneath, while above, it says "Updating". It then will load no further, no matter how much time it is given. I will inclued a screenshot. I looked it up, and found a few unanswered people with the same problem, like this one from Yahoo Answers:

Minecraft "Done Loading" error?

so I just downloaded the new launcher but I am not premium. I just wanted to test the demo out before buying it but right after I click "play demo" it immediately goes to a "Done Loading" Screen with about 90% of the bar full but no progress. It just won't move. I tried deleting the META INF thing but there's nothing! In my minecraft.jar folder there's only a bin folder with nothing in it! What can I do to play the demo or will this happen when I buy the game?

URL: http://answers.yahoo...01081842AAiHoMh

These are screenshots of the problems described above.

http://s1063.photobu...em Screenshots/

A thousand thanks to anyone who can solve this issue. I have tried redownloading, deleting, copying, and restarting, all to no avail.

Register or log in to remove.

Sabishii_Kouen

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:07 PM

I'm having the same exact issue (trying to download the demo), but those images won't work because you're trying to link them off your hard drive, you need to find a host like photobucket or something.

The_Flooper

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:10 PM

Thanks for the notice. Now the pics are available on photobucket. Just click the link.

mjw218
    mjw218

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:36 PM

I just bought a premium acount but i am having the same problem

Cownap
    Cownap

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:10 AM

I want to try out the demo also, however I'm having the same problem. The bin folder in AppData is empty, when I log in it automatically goes to about 90% and says it is done loading.

Sko
    Sko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2516 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:34 PM

Demo fix Windows.

brokenheart1234

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:01 PM

just delete the .minecraft file and it should reload the hole files. also make sure you have the right minecraft loader. what kind of computer program do you have ie. windows linx mac

Cownap
    Cownap

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:03 AM

I'm running Windows Vista.

Also I tried everything in the Minecraft Demo Fix thread with no success.

If I bought the game would I still not be able to load it? Is this just with the demo?

Sko
    Sko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2516 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

View PostCownap, on 09 August 2012 - 03:03 AM, said:

Is this just with the demo?
Yes, it's a problem with demo mode retrieving files only. Premium works.

ferret147
  • Minecraft: ferretsrk

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

Best fix ever

http://www.minecraft...sh-fix-windows/

emmett1122
    emmett1122

Out of the Water

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:07 AM

i just wanted a snapshot and the devels done loading is awlays there. what i did is replaced my minecraft engne and put in the new snapshot HELP PLZ

madbrad84

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:22 AM

Yeah im having the same problem but I do have minecraft and my bin folder isnt empty. I think it happend because i deleted the minecraft thing in the bin folder.Can anyone help us?

Jaffy101
    Jaffy101

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Minecraft: JayanthKumar

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

Posted Image Open the .minecraft folder and make sure the minecraft.jar default opening file is Java. I had this same error and it was because the default program was WinRAR. After changing it, it should work fine.
TheJaffyMaster1136
"-By the way I use a Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3, so please post help replies according to the mac version."
My Server: MCGunsCraft: Factions, PVP, and Guns-Primary IP: 24.98.24.109-Secondary IP:www.mcgunscraft.mooo.com