• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Looking for ocean village seed

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Derkatwork

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:26 PM

I am looking for a seed with a village near or on the coast of an ocean.  I would prefer large biomes on too.  Is there a more effective way to find this than blindly trying seeds I find on google?

Register or log in to remove.

adRyft
    adRyft

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:41 AM

Yep.

1. Use AMIDST to generate a map from a seed. It can be any seed, but you should memorize it.
2. Search the map for a village in the desired location. If no villages seem to be near coastline, start over.
3. When you find a seed that creates a coastal village, create a creative map using that seed. You can fly to the village if it's close to spawn, but if it isn't save and quit.
4. Open the same map in AMIDST (open from file, not create from seed).
5. Teleport Steve to near the village you want to investigate and save his location.
6. Go back into the map and check it out... see if the village is everything that you hoped for.

Sometimes AMIDST generates false positives, and there won't be a village there, but usually there is.

Sometimes you might want to check out several villages per map.

Eventually you will find something worth pursuing.

It might take a couple hours, but it works. I generated my current favorite map with this method. The key is that AMIDST lets you rapidly search thoroughly through maps, letting you move on to a new seed very quickly until you find a promising map.

killr3
    killr3

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Minecraft: killr3
  • Xbox:killr 3600

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:10 AM

As far as i know villages cant spawn in a ocean biome.

Posted Image

adRyft
    adRyft

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:46 AM

View Postkillr3, on 06 August 2012 - 06:10 AM, said:

As far as i know villages cant spawn in a ocean biome.

Right, but he said "near or on the coast". If the coast contains desert or plains, he's golden.

Derkatwork, try checking my post at http://www.minecraft...or-development/

You might like what you see.

Incubuspawn

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:02 PM

You can make a village of your dreams and use a minecart to transport villagers from a village and breed them. This how I made jungle villages.

PhilHibbs

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:48 PM

7371026893315389937 might do - not large biomes, and the ocean isn't very big though:

https://dl.dropbox.c...29635/mcmap.png

Village and temples marked with T and V

PhilHibbs

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:08 PM

Or, load up seed 1 in Huge Biomes, press T, and paste in "/tp 1340 70 22480" which will place you in between two villages that are both not far from the coast of a huge ocean to the north and east.

Waaaz
    Waaaz

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:16 PM

I would like one also.