Posted Image

TKGP
    TKGP

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Minecraft: TKGP

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:37 PM

Not to be "that guy", but we already have quite a few packs almost exactly like this. It looks like you just upscaled the textures and applied a filter.

Posted Image
Ceci n'est pas une signature.

MineDaveCraft

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:37 PM

I'll be the first poster, and the first to say this is ... interesting.   ---NINJA'D! :)

I feel like I've seen this before (several times), so I'm not going to say unique but odd to say the least.

Well done, hope you have success with this pack!

McKnackus

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:38 PM

even if it's just a default edit, it's a pretty nice looking one. The subtle difference the mosiac effect has is very interesting.

Sure it's not the most original idea but it's not a terrible version of it.

Posted Image

Newless
    Newless

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:26 AM

I love this, I havent been around since 1.8 so ive never seen a texture pack like this. One thing i wish that would help alot in if Minecraft Had AA support to get rid of jagged lines. i believe optifine has a version that i will try out once its updated. Thank you For this Pack.

zatoichi

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:36 PM

this is a great looking default-style tp. and that means alot coming from me, since I really can't stand the default textures tbh, would not even play the game on them, even the high res versions. what you've done here is kept the default theme while adding some of your own style, and the details came out very clean and polished, you can definitely see it in the world. very enjoyable to use imo, did not expect to be keeping this one.

I hope you keep working on it, since you're lacking some of my favorite features like custom ui panels, random mobs, sun/moon/skyboxes and such. what I did was copy over the ui from defscape to go with this, since it fits like a glove imo. please check it out if you want some direction on how you want it to look *hint hint*. we could really use a higher res version of something like that.

View PostTKGP, on 01 August 2012 - 06:37 PM, said:

Not to be "that guy", but we already have quite a few packs almost exactly like this. It looks like you just upscaled the textures and applied a filter.

how about you link us to just one other similar pack? in 128x? for 1.3.x? I would like to see them too. I may not be an experienced connoisseur of the minecraft tp, but I have yet to see any others done this well. look more closely at the textures in the pack, you cannot achieve something like this just by running it through a mosaic filter. while that was obviously used as a base, all the details would never come out this clean untouched. the rest takes real time and effort that I appreciate.

View PostQuanni123X, on 03 August 2012 - 03:58 AM, said:

Re-Read what you just said. The only reason this is HD is so the fancy lines blend in with the pixels better. It's not meant to be one of those "Super 1337 ultra realism GLSL 512x" texture packs.

exactly. and I can't stand most of those either, I usually end up deleting anything with the words "photo/realism/realistic" in the name after one look at terrain.png. the irony here is many of those are just cropped/copy-pasted hi res textures from stock images or other games, with zero personal style or custom work whatsoever (and don't get me wrong, it's obvious which are the quality ones that are hand made). this is a game of blocks and low-poly angles, doesn't make much sense to me that you would use photo-realistic textures, but to each their own I guess.

but somehow I can just choose not to use them, and also not post in their threads for no other reason than to bash?

this pack also looks great with the optifine/glsl/seus combo btw. but I guess this is something we could only see by actually trying it out... not to rule out those super awsome shader mods, they're obviously not meant just for realistic textures only.
overzealous moderators incapable of thinking for themselves are more of a danger to any forum than anyone trying to abuse it.

Goodlyay
    Goodlyay

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2535 posts
  • Minecraft: goodlyay

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:46 PM

A little overwhelming, but nice concept.

"Posted Image"

~Alvoria

Khristophoros17
  • Minecraft: cmm14
  • PSN:JTXAssassin00

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:08 PM

not to be an ass but this takes no time to do just repetition of applying the same filter over & over again but, that's my opinion.
I see you have some supports so good luck anyway

I am here to Command & Conquer.

Posted Image

zatoichi

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:59 PM

screenies in the op don't really do this pack justice imo. what I really like about it is the slight raised 3d effect you get from the mosaic, similar to bump mapping. it's not just like flat mosaic tiles, those once bland mess of pixels you got from the default skin really pop out at you as if they had some height. especially the log blocks, they look as if there is actually some kind of bark on them at a glance, unlike some other hi-res "textures" that basically just slap a photo of some tree onto those cubes. stonework also just naturally goes well with any type of mosaic theme.

Mosaica + GLSL + SEUS:
Spoiler:

View PostGamex101, on 14 August 2012 - 09:08 PM, said:

not to be an ass but this takes no time to do just repetition of applying the same filter over & over again but, that's my opinion.
I see you have some supports so good luck anyway

let me guess, didn't even bother downloading and never even saw any of the terrain files. pretty much like everyone else who just stopped by to crap on the thread. seems to happen alot around here to anyone who tries to contribute, are people really this bored with the game?
overzealous moderators incapable of thinking for themselves are more of a danger to any forum than anyone trying to abuse it.

Jaren_117
  • Minecraft: Jaren_117
  • Xbox:The PC is better

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:32 AM

View Postzatoichi, on 14 August 2012 - 11:59 PM, said:

screenies in the op don't really do this pack justice imo. what I really like about it is the slight raised 3d effect you get from the mosaic, similar to bump mapping. it's not just like flat mosaic tiles, those once bland mess of pixels you got from the default skin really pop out at you as if they had some height. especially the log blocks, they look as if there is actually some kind of bark on them at a glance, unlike some other hi-res "textures" that basically just slap a photo of some tree onto those cubes. stonework also just naturally goes well with any type of mosaic theme.

Mosaica + GLSL + SEUS:
Spoiler:

let me guess, didn't even bother downloading and never even saw any of the terrain files. pretty much like everyone else who just stopped by to crap on the thread. seems to happen alot around here to anyone who tries to contribute, are people really this bored with the game?
What you say is true. This texturepack looks nice and i would download it before i will say anything. Those people = CRAP because they don't try the texturepack before they say anything.
It's easy to build your reputation up, but once you destroy it, it's hard to get it back up.
~Jaren_117

epiclinkfan101
  • Minecraft: epiclinkfan101

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:56 AM

Did you make this manually, or did you just apply a filter to everything? No assumptions, I'm just not sure.
There's yet more to come!

creeperfighter3
  • Location: North-West Yorkshire, England... Because I win at life
  • Minecraft: bluefighter3

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:20 AM

It looks cool, no doubt, but really, I've seen this many times before, and the others were differrent from eachother in some way with time spent on them, (a little bit, at least).

I'm a texture pack artist. Not a very good one, but an artist just the same. Here's the pack I'm working on. http://www.minecraft.../#entry12746144

Zalga
    Zalga

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Minecraft: Zalga
  • Xbox:~

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:30 AM

Wow! Great 3D effet!
My favorite Default3D pack after Traditonnal Beauty!

Posted Image

zatoichi

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:39 AM

View Postcreeperfighter3, on 21 August 2012 - 03:20 AM, said:

It looks cool, no doubt, but really, I've seen this many times before, and the others were differrent from eachother in some way with time spent on them, (a little bit, at least).

people keep saying this, but where are they all? show us a single example done this well. I don't think you'll find it, I started looking for something similar when I saw this, to see if I could merge in some ui or mobs. nothing but half done ps/gimp hacks, from noobs who clearly had no idea what they were doing, much like the replies here.

I don't think there's anything more perfect than mosaic to scale up the vanilla textures with. if only more people would use it so responsibly, we would have a selection and maybe some competition.

Jaren_117
  • Minecraft: Jaren_117
  • Xbox:The PC is better

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:54 PM

View Postepiclinkfan101, on 21 August 2012 - 12:56 AM, said:

Did you make this manually, or did you just apply a filter to everything? No assumptions, I'm just not sure.
I think that he made it manually by the look of it. If it was made by a filter, it would look like Posted ImagePosted Image

View Postcreeperfighter3, on 21 August 2012 - 03:20 AM, said:

How much time do you think that he spent on it?

View Postzatoichi, on 21 August 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

people keep saying this, but where are they all? show us a single example done this well. I don't think you'll find it, I started looking for something similar when I saw this, to see if I could merge in some ui or mobs. nothing but half done ps/gimp hacks, from noobs who clearly had no idea what they were doing, much like the replies here.

I don't think there's anything more perfect than mosaic to scale up the vanilla textures with. if only more people would use it so responsibly, we would have a selection and maybe some competition.
Yep, where do you find them. I know where is one of them and the link is
http://www.minecraft...2/page__st__440

I don't think that this was made with photoshop/gimp hacks because if it was, it would be really horrible unlike this texturepack here.
It's easy to build your reputation up, but once you destroy it, it's hard to get it back up.
~Jaren_117

echonite
    echonite

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1228 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:23 PM

Ive seen similar packs, but not for a while. But regardless, this looks great, so who cares? Its not some crappy simple pack like we always see, and its clear that effort went into it, which is what its all about.
Networking Tip of the Day: Your internal network is like an apartment building, and your router is like a doorman. Your external IP is your street address, and your internal IP is your apartment number. Ports are doorways into your building, and it is your router's job to keep track of these doors. Port forwarding is simply telling your router, if something comes in through a specific door, then you want it sent to your apartment.

zatoichi

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:23 AM

View PostJaren_117, on 21 August 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

I think that he made it manually by the look of it. If it was made by a filter, it would look like

How much time do you think that he spent on it?

Yep, where do you find them. I know where is one of them and the link is
http://www.minecraft...2/page__st__440

I don't think that this was made with photoshop/gimp hacks because if it was, it would be really horrible unlike this texturepack here.

yup, another example of mosaic and beveling done right. now we just need an update Posted Image.

for this pack it's obvious as well, people just don't look before they criticise.

Apollo_
    Apollo_

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1327 posts
  • Minecraft: Rustayy

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:02 AM

It hurts my eyes a bit lol. But a nice texture pack anyway :)

Posted Image

Community Manager for SubZeroNetwork.com

Ex-Helper on Hypixel.net || Ex-Web Developer on Cylum.net

pararama
    pararama

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:35 AM

I really like this pack, but one complaint I have is that, in close proximity, its very hard to tell the difference between gravel and cobblestone. (The bottom is gravel, the top is cobblestone)Posted Image