• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Quit Trolling Us Mojang!

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

battlefrog71

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:45 PM

So, looking at the changelog for 1.3.1, I noticed a common tread:  In every major update since Minecraft Beta 1.6.6, “Herobrine” has been removed.  See for yourself:

Removed in 1.3.1
Removed in 1.2
Removed in 1.0
Removed in Beta 1.8
Removed in Beta 1.7
Removed in Beta 1.6.6

Link:
http://mcupdate.tumblr.com

What is up?  How many times do you have to remove something?  Do you think that Mojang is trying to get us to see or discover something, or are they just trolling us?  What do you think?
I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live.  Yet not I, but Christ liveth in me.  And the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. - Galations 2:20
Posted ImageDon't let it die!Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

ShadowSpam
  • Minecraft: H_Drake
  • Xbox:FaZ x MaGiiXZz

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:46 PM

Yeah they are, Anyway Notch posted that Herobrine is just a joke so don't worry. :)
Posted ImageCUTE OVERLOAD!!

sirrockyqo
  • Minecraft: Sirrockyqo
  • Xbox:Sirrockyqo

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:47 PM

THeyre removing the Human Mob... http://www.minecraft....net/wiki/Human

Bbqpizza
    Bbqpizza

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1477 posts
  • Minecraft: Omglolbbqpizza

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:49 PM

View Postbattlefrog71, on 01 August 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

So, looking at the changelog for 1.3.1, I noticed a common tread:  In every major update since Minecraft Beta 1.6.6, “Herobrine” has been removed.  See for yourself:

Removed in 1.3.1
Removed in 1.2
Removed in 1.0
Removed in Beta 1.8
Removed in Beta 1.7
Removed in Beta 1.6.6

Link:
http://mcupdate.tumblr.com

What is up?  How many times do you have to remove something?  Do you think that Mojang is trying to get us to see or discover something, or are they just trolling us?  What do you think?
If you look in WoodPlanking's thread, it says that it was a joke so that the idiots think Herobrine WAS real.
Other than that, Mojang is trying to tell us to stop making Herobrine hoaxes since its literally bothering people.

battlefrog71

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

But wouldn’t the change log say “-Removed Human?  I mean, they’re different.

View PostBbqpizza, on 01 August 2012 - 05:49 PM, said:

If you look in WoodPlanking's thread, it says that it was a joke so that the idiots think Herobrine WAS real.
Other than that, Mojang is trying to tell us to stop making Herobrine hoaxes since its literally bothering people.
Hmm, well they should just make a Public Announcement to cut the Crap then, because seeing this trend has made me want to delve deeper into it.
I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live.  Yet not I, but Christ liveth in me.  And the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. - Galations 2:20

Enotho
    Enotho

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1392 posts
  • Minecraft: Enotho

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:55 PM

I remember reading somewhere that herobrine is used to explain unexplainable bugs/glitches, so when that appears, it means that they fixed bugs that they didn't find the cause from.

battlefrog71

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:56 PM

Hm. That’s a cool theory!

The_Pastmaster
  • Minecraft: The_Pastmaster

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:06 PM

View Postbattlefrog71, on 01 August 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

Hmm, well they should just make a Public Announcement to cut the Crap then, because seeing this trend has made me want to delve deeper into it.

Yeah, that didn't work the first time.
Venit, quessit, induravit.

If you have any questions feel free to drop me a PM, it's what I'm here for. :)

battlefrog71

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:08 PM

Oh, I didn’t know they ever did make one….

AllSuperGames

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:11 PM

Please stop being stupid and understand a joke.
Posted Image

Blockstar1117
  • Minecraft: Blockstar1116
  • Xbox:Pending :P

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:23 PM

They put that every patch so people can shut up about him, herobrine never existed
Nothing to see here

Boundegar
    Boundegar

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4820 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:33 PM

It's obviously proof that Herobrine is real.  The only way they can keep removing him is because he keeps getting back in and scaring little kids.

Epicness1324

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

It's a joke, deal with it
Posted Image
I am ninja'd far too often.

LewisBMX
    LewisBMX

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:04 PM

Straight from the Wiki.

In Beta 1.6.6, the changelog contained the message "Removed Herobrine". This was Notch "joking" when removing parts of the coding for the Human mob. This and the following three "Herobrine removed" mentions that appeared in Betas 1.7, 1.7_01 and 1.8.1 removed the individual class files for the Human, merely making it somewhat of a default mob. It could still be spawned, but it possessed the default health, (10 hearts) spawn conditions, (Light level 7) melee attack, view distance, and various other parameters shared by all other hostile mobs at the time. The mob at this time now was called "Monster" instead of "Human". The "Removed Herobrine" message was mentioned a final time in the Beta 1.8 changelog, where all the code for the human mob had been disabled/removed, and the ability to hack the mob into the game with spawn commands or spawners was removed. However, in the 1.0 and 1.2 updates Jeb wrote "Removed Herobrine" again, but as a "joke."
- Lewis. [Sir William Member] [Farmer/Archer.]

IronMagus

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:07 PM

I imagine it's just a way of saying "random tiny bug fixes here and there," but in a more entertaining way.  They could just as easily have said "killed the bogey-man" or "eliminated heebie-jeebies" or "busted ghosts."

I mean...oh my god!  If Mojang said it then it must be real!  Herobrine's so pro I bet they couldn't even remove him entirely.  He has probably evolved to the point where he can hide himself inside the code secretly so they can't delete him without erasing the whole game.  My friend was playing this game by himself one time (nobody was looking but I don't think he's a liar) and he told me once that he saw herobrine but then he reached out of the screen and pressed the keyboard to delete the world.  Well my friend had just made a backup of the world so he reloaded it from the backup but there was nothing there O MY GOD BARBECUE SAUCE!
Village Mechanics: A not-so-brief guide - Update for 1.4! Added subsection on iron farming to the iron golems section. Only ten villagers required to spawn golems (down from sixteen)! Put to rest the "facing doors cancel each other" myth!

View PostTechdolphin, on 30 September 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

If you say plz because it is shorter than please, I will say no because it is shorter than yes.

CR055H41RZ
  • Minecraft: CR055H41RZ
  • Xbox:CR055H41RZ

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

View Postmatt_minouf, on 01 August 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

I remember reading somewhere that herobrine is used to explain unexplainable bugs/glitches, so when that appears, it means that they fixed bugs that they didn't find the cause from.
bugs aren't unexplained... :P

Neon_ColorsFTW22
  • Minecraft: NeonColorsAero

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:10 PM

View Postsirrockyqo, on 01 August 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

THeyre removing the Human Mob... http://www.minecraft....net/wiki/Human
Long time ago they already removed it. Jeb was just posting the joke even further just to fool around.

Posted Image

sirrockyqo
  • Minecraft: Sirrockyqo
  • Xbox:Sirrockyqo

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

View PostNeon_ColorsFTW22, on 01 August 2012 - 07:10 PM, said:

Long time ago they already removed it. Jeb was just posting the joke even further just to fool around.

Freaking Idiots! In 1.7.3 They could STILL be spawned. Then they were COMPLETELY REMOVED in 1.8! Ill even open up a few mods and 1.7.3 Just to prove it.

battlefrog71

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

Chill guys, I get it, it’s just a joke.  I didn’t understand that at first, so there is no need for name calling.

/thread (hopefully)

Enotho
    Enotho

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1392 posts
  • Minecraft: Enotho

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

View PostCR055H41RZ, on 01 August 2012 - 07:09 PM, said:

bugs aren't unexplained... Posted Image
Apparently I wasn't clear enough, I meant unexplained by they couldn't find the source of that bug/glitch, but they still managed to remove it since they knew what it did.