Connection Lost - End of stream

connection problem error minecraft end stream server problems

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

TraktorHagrid
  • Minecraft: spoox96

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:50 AM

Hello everyone!

I have a little problem, since a while back (since wednesday this week) the server i have been playing on just wasn't avalible anymore. The message when i tried to connect to the server was "Connection Lost - End of stream". And i have tried everything! Reinstalling minecraft, reset my router, asked the guy that holds the server to restart it.

The thing is, i was on a lan-party at my friends house just the other day. There I could connect to the server! so i figured it would have something to do with my internet connection to the server and not the server having a problem with my accout or something.

Well, here's my simple question: How do/can I fix this problem?

Register or log in to remove.

Berwout
    Berwout

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2440 posts
  • Minecraft: AngelsDustz

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:13 AM

You could try what i do when my internet blocks it selfs run a simple batch script containing :

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew

always seem to work ^-^ but it DC's you from the internet for 20-30 seconds after that it should be done ^-^
Got my GTS 450 running at 900 MHz core (http://www.ozone3d.n...0.php?id=114106)
[Computer Specifications]

TraktorHagrid

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:10 PM

View PostBerwout, on 29 July 2012 - 11:13 AM, said:

You could try what i do when my internet blocks it selfs run a simple batch script containing :

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew

always seem to work ^-^ but it DC's you from the internet for 20-30 seconds after that it should be done ^-^

So i should just type those 3 codes into my cmd and it will work?

TraktorHagrid

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

View PostBerwout, on 29 July 2012 - 11:13 AM, said:

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew

I tried it and it didn't work... I typed in it all in my cmd and was disconnected and all but as said it didn't work anyway... :(

Syfaro
    Syfaro

Retired Guru

• Retired Staff
  • 5209 posts
  • Minecraft: Syfaro

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:38 PM

Direct connect to the server rather than use your saved list.

Minecraft API - A JSON API for fetching information about Minecraft & Minecraft servers

Read my blog about tech stuff!

TheYellowMiner

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:43 PM

I had this error message when the server was 1.3 and I was using Minecraft 1.2.5

TraktorHagrid

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:32 PM

View PostSyfaro, on 29 July 2012 - 03:38 PM, said:

Direct connect to the server rather than use your saved list.

I've tried that too. And as usual that did not work... :/

View PostTheYellowMiner, on 29 July 2012 - 03:43 PM, said:

I had this error message when the server was 1.3 and I was using Minecraft 1.2.5

The server is not in another patch. The thing is that I could play the game at my friends house, with my computer. So it has to be something to do with my internet and the connection to the server...

pac0
    pac0

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:34 AM

I have the same problem  I tryed everything    I can see my brother's server that is running and the amount of player in. But when i join  i get  end of stream ... My brothers can join together but not me  we are both Offline mode because  i dont have internet connection for until a few days.. we can share stuff by lan  etc  but   I and only I cant join them     we use program to change the Player Name to something else so  we dont get disconnected ....

When i dont have internet its Obv that i cant change my IP ..   i tryed everything  but i still cant join
I entered the lan Ip of the server .. i can see it is online and i can see  that my 2 brothers are playing in  but i cant join it

Im gonna try to reset the rooter again

Posted Image

CS752
    CS752

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Minecraft: CS752

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:00 PM

If youre having end of stream when trying to connect to a server while using 1.3.1 this is because you need to re-download the minecraft_server.exe from the minecraft website and replace it with the old, 1.2.5 minecraft_server.exe and youre server should connect.(This worked for me)
Posted Image

benepv
    benepv

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:55 PM

Same problem here :3