• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[256x] [1.3] LifeCraft animated texture pack

shader realistic animated texture pack hd lighting lifecraft glsl graphics beautiful

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

superslinky7
  • Minecraft: superslinky7

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:24 PM

LifeCraft - A shader... in a texture pack!

LifeCraft looks just like vanilla minecraft, but with some enhancements.  Grass sways in the wind, tree leaves rustle in the breeze, and there is a new lighting system that looks simply amazing.  This texture pack is great for people whose computers aren't strong enough to use mods like GLSL shaders.  It even comes in lower resolutions to meet your specific needs!

Are you looking for something more in your Minecraft graphics?  Have you tried GLSL shaders and they don't work or cause too much lag?  Do you want realistic effects in a texture pack while still looking like Minecraft?  Then this texture pack is for you!

Images
Spoiler:

REQUIREMENTS:
This mod REQUIRES either Optifine or MCPatcher, even for the 16x version (coming soon).  This is because those mods provide support for both HD textures and for custom animations.  Make sure you have HD textures and Custom Colors turned on for this mod to work.  Note:  Using mipmap/anti-aliasing with Optifine may make the animated grass look weird.  Also, for the full lighting experience, make sure "smooth lighting" is turned ON in the video settings.

CHANGELOG
Spoiler:

DOWNLOAD:
256x (highest resolution, smoothest graphics, potentially lower FPS)
http://dl.dropbox.co...1/LifeCraft.zip

64x (lower resolution, animations not as smooth, higher FPS)
http://dl.dropbox.co...feCraft 64x.zip

Disclaimer:
Contact me at: [email protected]
I cannot have any legal statements about stealing my work because nothing in this texture pack is truly mine.  Yes, I created the grass and leaf animations as well as the lighting system.  However, I did not create the water or lava animations, which I found by Google Image search.  I am using them because I am not asking for money for this texture pack, even through Adf.ly.  If those textures belong to you and you wish me not to use them, please say so and I will oblige.  Also, the other textures in this texture pack are by Mojang.  I only added animations to them.  I take no credit for anything but animating some of the Mojang textures.  Also, some thanks go to Misa's realistic texture pack.  Looking through the files in that texture pack taught me how to do this advanced stuff.  I did not use textures from that pack so permission was not needed.  This more of a "thanks for teaching" rather than a "thanks for textures".  So... thanks, Misa!  I also do not take credit for the sun and moon.  I did not create those pictures.  The universe gets credit.  If you wish to use this in a video, please include a link to this page in the description.  DO NOT POST THIS TEXTURE PACK IN ANY OTHER PLACES.  I will post this where I want.  Please do not use MY animated textures in a compilation for public use without my specific permission.

Register or log in to remove.

specktre
    specktre

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Minecraft: specklespack
  • Xbox:Wrenhaven

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:36 PM

This looks great! Too bad my computer can't really handle anything over 64px.

Posted Image

superslinky7

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:46 PM

That's why 64x is there!  If you did download it, I would be super-grateful if you told me:  what type of computer you have (mac/pc) and if the download worked.  Thanks!

peytonisgreat
  • Minecraft: peytonigreat

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:03 AM

You should have a video showing the animations.

Posted Image

So many old friends are gone.

superslinky7

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:14 AM

I will probably do this sometime.  The animated gif I posted on Reddit didn't really capture it. :)

Quotea
    Quotea

Carpenter

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:53 AM

I'm the same Quote from Reddit, thank you so much for including a 64x version! I'll be playing with this for a bit and I'll come back with a bit of a review of it.

TXF
    TXF

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 874 posts
  • Minecraft: TXFDA

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:03 AM

Hmm, it's not bad, but I think the animations could be a bit better. Grass moves a bit too fast in my opinion. It kinda hurts my eyes to see it just moving back and forth so fast on a loop. lol. And leaves, well..more of the leaves should move. At the moment only a couple of the leaves on the leaf texture move, it looks kind of odd having a couple moving but the rest staying completely still. Fix those and I might use it.
Posted Image

Quotea
    Quotea

Carpenter

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:18 AM

Alright, back with a bit of an update/review/thing:

The lighting! The lighting, the lighting, the lighting. It's just so... drastic. I've taken a few shots and linked them here: http://imgur.com/a/pDoDJ#0

It just instantly goes from dark as possible to bright as the sun. It definitely needs some smoothing out to be playable on survival worlds.

And two other problems:

1. Mojang logo still says Good Morning Craft. Might wanna change that. :P
2. The grass animates a bit quickly. Maybe make the animation more subtle.

The leaves' animation is nice, I like how it's only a few of the leaves that sway. The lava and water both look really nice, as well. One thing I noticed is that the only leaves animated are the oak/birch leaves. Pine and jungle leaves aren't animated yet, but I'm assuming that's on the way.

Balduran
    Balduran

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3194 posts
  • Minecraft: Lol, No

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:23 AM

You credited Misa, but did you get permission?
...But that's just my opinion.
My modder's resource and assortment of miscellaneous textures.
Status: Fed up with Minecraft [Consult the above link for details]
My DeviantART, requests welcome.

David184

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:36 AM

this is shadertastic texture pack! in other words. ITS AWESOME!!! Posted Image

Sorry for my bad english

if you want to tell me something use quote!

j3rmy
    j3rmy

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Minecraft: j3rmy

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:09 AM

I will keep an eye on this pack! im looking for a new texturepack, this one looks nice, but optifine isnt updated for 1.3 yet(im using the prerelease).
Posted Image

superslinky7

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:05 PM

View PostBalduran, on 28 July 2012 - 07:23 AM, said:

You credited Misa, but did you get permission?

I didn't need permission because I didn't use any of Misa's textures.  I just LEARNED from them. Misa uses lighting also so I knew that this could be done.  I was giving thanks more than credit.

View PostQuotea, on 28 July 2012 - 01:18 AM, said:

Alright, back with a bit of an update/review/thing:

The lighting! The lighting, the lighting, the lighting. It's just so... drastic. I've taken a few shots and linked them here: http://imgur.com/a/pDoDJ#0

It just instantly goes from dark as possible to bright as the sun. It definitely needs some smoothing out to be playable on survival worlds.

And two other problems:

1. Mojang logo still says Good Morning Craft. Might wanna change that. Posted Image
2. The grass animates a bit quickly. Maybe make the animation more subtle.

The leaves' animation is nice, I like how it's only a few of the leaves that sway. The lava and water both look really nice, as well. One thing I noticed is that the only leaves animated are the oak/birch leaves. Pine and jungle leaves aren't animated yet, but I'm assuming that's on the way.

I know about the logo, my bad. :P  MorningCraft was a tentative name in very early development, but I never updated it to LifeCraft.  It is fixed now!
Also, I have heard other requests to tone down the grass animation, and I will do that.
Thanks for input!

BoonvtM
    BoonvtM

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 539 posts
  • Minecraft: Hlywdundead
  • Xbox:Phaetiox

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:56 PM

Not really a texture pack, but alright

Kovu
    Kovu

Memory Returned

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 5325 posts
  • Minecraft: Rainfur

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:45 PM

Looks nice, but huh.
Posted Image

supercrossed5

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

I made a video

try to make the grass wave more slower, doesn't look good
And fix moving water!
Please subscribe! Means alot!

superslinky7

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

View Postsupercrossed5, on 28 July 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

I made a video

[media]http://youtu.be/hEJKQ2O4Td0[/media]

try to make the grass wave more slower, doesn't look good
And fix moving water!

WHOOOA awesome!  I will put that with the images!

Legomario888

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:54 AM

Cool! will try it out!

Laskeri
    Laskeri

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2104 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:31 AM

Could use some improvements (as mentioned before, the shadows are a bit too drastic, and the leaves and grass probably need a smoother animation. Right now they look like they're dancing lol) but the concept is really nice.

Deonyi
    Deonyi

Enderman Ender

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 9073 posts
  • Minecraft: Deonyi

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:00 AM

Nice concept. What about flowers, wheat, saplings and cobwebs?

Posted Image

superslinky7

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:34 AM

View PostDeonyi, on 29 July 2012 - 03:00 AM, said:

Nice concept. What about flowers, wheat, saplings and cobwebs?

Flowers, wheat, and saplings are under my "planned features" list.  I'm not sure what I would do with cobwebs though, please share!