• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

MCEdit: Minecraft World Editor (Now open source!)

world editor

• Please log in to reply
9499 replies to this topic

wideload
    wideload

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1333 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:03 PM

View Postcroccy21, on 16 August 2012 - 10:16 AM, said:

I've just tried 3 different versions of mcedit the official win 32bit 0.1.1, the unofficial win 64bit 0.1.1 and the unofficial win 64bit 0.1.2 and all of them have the same problem for me the fill and replace tool doesn't work at all while all the others I've tried worked. does anyone know what's going on
Yes, go back about 10 pages into the thread and start reading. Look for posts with a problem the same as yours, or very similar. Eventually you will find your answer. Please, always read the last set of pages to a thread, and the OP and any FAQ's in the OP before posting. This has been asked and answered sooooo many times now.Posted Image
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

elias79
    elias79

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:54 PM

View Postferret99gt, on 15 August 2012 - 10:09 PM, said:

My github also has a download of Tectonicus 2.14 with a slight tweak. After editing my map a bunch, I found tectonicus would no longer render it because biome IDs were missing from some chunks. The build in my github fixes the issue. It's a bug in both McEdit (Not saving biome IDs) and Tectonicus (Not tolerating missing biome IDs). I've reported the issue to both projects.

Link again: https://github.com/f...cedit/downloads

Downloads available:
  • Unofficial Win32 build of McEdit 0.1.2
  • Unofficial Win64 build of McEdit 0.1.2
  • Unofficial Tectonicus 2.14b build (Fixes biome ID missing issue)

OnnnDaasss_BS

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:27 PM

o.o very good!

Heroicmoises77

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:05 AM

will this work for 1.3.2

ferret99gt

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:39 AM

There were no blockid changes in 1.3.2 that would require a new build. The 0.1.2 builds should work just fine.

SirDiggalot
  • Minecraft: SirDiggalot

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:33 AM

mc edit crashes when i use fill, copy, and all the terraform tools, is this the ustability, or did i do something wrong? i have three extra filters, but it crashed even before i added them, i have windows 7.
Dig till your musclebound, block by block
Dig till your musclebound, block by block

WolfieMario
  • Minecraft: WolfieMario

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:25 PM

View PostSirDiggalot, on 17 August 2012 - 09:33 AM, said:

mc edit crashes when i use fill, copy, and all the terraform tools, is this the ustability, or did i do something wrong? i have three extra filters, but it crashed even before i added them, i have windows 7.
Seems to me you're having the same problem someone six posts above you was having.

Marcus101RR
  • Minecraft: marcus101rr

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:03 AM

View Postferret99gt, on 15 August 2012 - 10:09 PM, said:

My github also has a download of Tectonicus 2.14 with a slight tweak. After editing my map a bunch, I found tectonicus would no longer render it because biome IDs were missing from some chunks. The build in my github fixes the issue. It's a bug in both McEdit (Not saving biome IDs) and Tectonicus (Not tolerating missing biome IDs). I've reported the issue to both projects.

Link again: https://github.com/f...cedit/downloads

Downloads available:
  • Unofficial Win32 build of McEdit 0.1.2
  • Unofficial Win64 build of McEdit 0.1.2
  • Unofficial Tectonicus 2.14b build (Fixes biome ID missing issue)

The Win64 sure loads alot of faster and is alot smoother on my computer than the other version I have tried even the official. Good job. I love my AMD.

Posted Image

NOW FOR MINECRAFT

somguy9
    somguy9

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Minecraft: somguy9

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

Uhm... i am running on a mac and i downloaded the latest version of MCEdit and unzipped it. Now, when i Try to open the App, nothng happens, and it doesn't respond

TheCakeisAlive

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:31 PM

I just wanted to thank the other intel graphics users for asking why their MCedit crashed over and over and over and.... Anyways, sooner or later it will annoy someone so much that they fix it just to stop the constant questions about it.

I truly wish I knew how to program in python, I would love to be able to help out and fix it myself and I am amazingly grateful to everyone who has and is working on it. Just... please... if there is a choice between working on some other aspect of MCedit or fixing this, please fix it. I know it is small payment but I am making a fairly epic no rules survival / adventure map and I will personally build a statue of you stretching from ground level to skybox in the middle of a giant ruined temple and make you the vengeful and angry god of my minecraftian world if you just fix things for us long suffering intel users.
Cakes can always be trusted. *Nodnod* If you're gullible...- Said HunterEris

Please only + me if I post something funny or informative.

I want to earn em, after all :)

jmarchus
  • Location: The Aether, Trying to Parkour Across Empty Space....
  • Minecraft: jmarchus

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:42 PM

I used the Softonic installer for MCedit- mcedit doesn't show any blocks, and when I try to import .schematic files, It goes through all of the loading blocks things. I save, and when I open my world, nothing is different. Then I downloaded the zip, extracted it, and it sort-of worked, but it was really weird:

The icon isn't the mcedit icon- it's the windows "Application" icon, but I don't know if that's a big deal. The title screen is different, but not much, which was kind of weird, but when I loaded the world, the blocks were kind of messed up; they were invisible on some sides. When I changed demensions (I was in the nether when I started), It didn't show any blocks once again, but this time said "Block non-existant" or something like that. I closed MCedit, and I wasn't able to open it again.Posted Image  It showed the small loading box, but then exited almost immediately. Then I noticed it was called "MCEdit 0.1.1.win32" I'm running 64-bit windows. Is that the problem? Am I doing something (extremely) wrong? Please post.
Posted Image

https://www.facebook.com/AetherMod

AUS_Doug
    AUS_Doug

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 180 posts
  • Minecraft: AUS_Doug

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:56 PM

View PostTheCakeisAlive, on 18 August 2012 - 09:31 PM, said:

I just wanted to thank the other intel graphics users for asking why their MCedit crashed over and over and over and.... Anyways, sooner or later it will annoy someone so much that they fix it just to stop the constant questions about it.

I truly wish I knew how to program in python, I would love to be able to help out and fix it myself and I am amazingly grateful to everyone who has and is working on it. Just... please... if there is a choice between working on some other aspect of MCedit or fixing this, please fix it. I know it is small payment but I am making a fairly epic no rules survival / adventure map and I will personally build a statue of you stretching from ground level to skybox in the middle of a giant ruined temple and make you the vengeful and angry god of my minecraftian world if you just fix things for us long suffering intel users.

This has been mentioned before, but here goes:
TkTech cannot fix the Intel Graphics problem without a machine that has Intel Graphics.
But the version that works with Intel Graphics works fine for me, and has never crashed.
Until someone donates an Intel based machine, or somebody with one finds and fixes the problem, you (and me and the other few people to lazy to buy a proper graphics card) can keep using the Intel compatable version.

godk
    godk

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Minecraft: godk

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:33 AM

Ok... so I have read about the last 25 pages without finding reference to this:

Was running MC 1.3.1 on WinXP_SP3 (32bit) / GeForce FX Go5200 (ForceWare 175.19) ...
had no problem placing player in new location using MCEdit 0.1.1 win32.

A wild MC 1.3.2 update appears!!

Now it's impossible to place the player in a new location with MCEdit. Tried using the new v 0.1.2, but still the player refuses to be saved where placed in MCEdit.
(N.B. - MCEdit appears to work fine, and throws no exceptions or errors when moving player and saving... however, nothing is actually saved - the player remains where it originally was when the game is re-started.
(YES, I have closed MC down completely before editing Posted Image  ))

Any ideas? Is this a new bug, or a "feature"?  Posted Image

informationPosted Imagehighway...  

wideload
    wideload

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1333 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:55 AM

View Postjmarchus, on 18 August 2012 - 11:42 PM, said:

I used the Softonic installer for MCedit-mcedit doesn't show any blocks, and when I try to import .schematic files, It goes through all of the loading blocks things. I save, and when I open my world, nothing is different.

<snip>

I'm running 64-bit windows.
I don't know what this Softonic installer is but if you have a 64-bit Windows you would be far better off with the latest 64-bit MCEdit build that is linked in the first post on this very page. The one by 'ferret99gt'.
Try that one and see how you get on.Posted Image
Posted Image

wideload
    wideload

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1333 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

View Postgodk, on 19 August 2012 - 12:33 AM, said:

Ok... so I have read about the last 25 pages without finding reference to this:

Was running MC 1.3.1 on WinXP_SP3 (32bit) / GeForce FX Go5200 (ForceWare 175.19) ...
had no problem placing player in new location using MCEdit 0.1.1 win32.

A wild MC 1.3.2 update appears!!

Now it's impossible to place the player in a new location with MCEdit. Tried using the new v 0.1.2, but still the player refuses to be saved where placed in MCEdit.
(N.B. - MCEdit appears to work fine, and throws no exceptions or errors when moving player and saving... however, nothing is actually saved - the player remains where it originally was when the game is re-started.
(YES, I have closed MC down completely before editing Posted Image  ))

Any ideas? Is this a new bug, or a "feature"?  Posted Image
Oops, nearly missed your question.
This may seem like a silly suggestion, as you have moved the player before, but it's something I will admit to doing myself on one or two ocassions. But are you actually moving the player or the player spawn point? Sometimes I have got them mixed up.
Does it save other changes or is it just the player?
Posted Image

jmarchus
  • Location: The Aether, Trying to Parkour Across Empty Space....
  • Minecraft: jmarchus

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:55 PM

View Postwideload, on 19 August 2012 - 10:55 AM, said:

I don't know what this Softonic installer is but if you have a 64-bit Windows you would be far better off with the latest 64-bit MCEdit build that is linked in the first post on this very page. The one by 'ferret99gt'.
Try that one and see how you get on.Posted Image

I can't find the 64-bit MCEdit--I looked in "MCEdit Downloads", and only found downloads for Mac and Windows 32-bit. I am running 32-bit java on 64-bit windows, so I still wonder which one I should use. Where do I find 64-bit MCEdit?
Posted Image

https://www.facebook.com/AetherMod

ImGreenGod
  • Minecraft: JacksonCrown

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:28 PM

I've been having troubles with the new version, cause somebody help me install it? >. <

This is what happens to me:

Posted Image
Banner by DragonAMiner.

wideload
    wideload

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1333 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

View Postjmarchus, on 19 August 2012 - 04:55 PM, said:

I can't find the 64-bit MCEdit--I looked in "MCEdit Downloads", and only found downloads for Mac and Windows 32-bit. I am running 32-bit java on 64-bit windows, so I still wonder which one I should use. Where do I find 64-bit MCEdit?
....the latest 64-bit MCEdit build that is linked in the first post on this very page. The one by 'ferret99gt'.

i.e. the link at the top of the page you posted your question on. Page 380 post #7581.

You went to the first post on the first page of this thread.Posted Image Posted Image  Usually that would be correct but the Win 64-bit builds are currently 'unofficial' so that don't have a link in the OP yet.
Just follow that link in that post and you will see the download. If not try the last couple of pages as there is also a link there.
I don't see 32-bit Java being a problem as MCEdit isn't written in Java.
Posted Image

wideload
    wideload

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1333 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:48 AM

View PostImGreenGod, on 19 August 2012 - 08:28 PM, said:

I've been having troubles with the new version, cause somebody help me install it? >. <
What you clicked on was just the icon for the program. You need mcedit.exe to run the program.
It appears that you have downloaded the source code as I don't see an mcedit.exe in that zip. I've never actually tried that particular option before. That is the wrong zip/link to download. You need to click the one called 'MCEdit-0.1.1.win32.zip' to get the latest available version and that one will include mcedit.exe. Also keep an eye out for a new Windows 1.1.2 version on that same Github page as there should be a new release for Windows soon.Posted Image
Posted Image

Ifroz
    Ifroz

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:09 AM

Hello, I thried to use MCEdit, and downloaded the 0.1.1 version for win..
But when I opend the MCEdit it first worked, but when I tried to copy
any selections, it just closed the program...
Is there anything I can do about it to make it work?