• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

MCEdit: Minecraft World Editor (Now open source!)

world editor

• Please log in to reply
9498 replies to this topic

wideload
    wideload

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1332 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:25 PM

View PostzORg_alex, on 01 July 2012 - 01:55 PM, said:

Okay. I'll try one more time.
I still get an error trying to run MCEdit (see my previous posts, sorry for my second thet was my fault).
And now i can't even go to https://github.com/m...cedit/downloads
there is an error trying to visit that site.

http://i.imgur.com/E86Lp.png
Sorry my windows is in russian. But all needed data is still in english
Posted Image

If you need I can translate it
The link still works for me at the time of typing this.
Are you having trouble running MCEdit itself or does it crash when you try to load a world?
If it crashes on loading the world, how big is your world. If it's a large world it may be too large for 1GB of memory.

If you've tried both Win 32 versions from the link you posted then may be it's worth giving the Intel compatible version a go.
It can be found here: https://github.com/Z...cedit/downloads
You want the lower download. It shares the same name/version as the latest one but it is different.

View PostHuntertuga, on 01 July 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

i need help i can't launch mcedit at all. when i start it it apears for a litle moment with the window white and then disapears.

i have a x64bit windows and i tried the 0.1.0 and 0.1.1 version for 32 bits. (since that's the only one for windows)

i don't know what more i can say but in version 0.1.1 i got this log:
I don't understand the error but there is a 64-bit build of MCEdit here: https://github.com/Z...cedit/downloads
Try that and see how it goes. You could also update your graphics card drivers if yuo haven't already done it, as the error does mention OpenGL.

View Postzombiekiller2575, on 01 July 2012 - 04:15 PM, said:

(brush,replace issue) i tried version 0.1.1 and went to fourms it said try 0.1.0 and its still not working please
help me it would be very much appriciated!
This has been asked many times and answered just as many. Please try reading the FAQ (it's on the home page of the OP MCEdit download link) or reading the last few pages of this thread thoroughly.
You have Intel Integrated Graphics and it isn't (currently) compatible with the latest MCEdit's. Get rid of the two downloads from the link in the OP and go to the link I posted in the either of the replies above and get the lower download. Ignore that it shares the same version number as the latest. That one should work for you.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Rh5000
    Rh5000

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:49 PM

I downloaded it fine and it works, but when i try to load a world the smaller screen says "Detected 0 chunks" and my screen is completely blue except for where the spawn thing is.... any idea why?

AUS_Doug
    AUS_Doug

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 180 posts
  • Minecraft: AUS_Doug

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:41 AM

View PostRh5000, on 01 July 2012 - 11:49 PM, said:

I downloaded it fine and it works, but when i try to load a world the smaller screen says "Detected 0 chunks" and my screen is completely blue except for where the spawn thing is.... any idea why?

You have an outdated MCEdit that dosn't support Anvil.
Get one from the download link in the first post of this thread.

Look0_0Diamonds

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:25 AM

I'm running 0.1.1 on Mac OSX 64 bit is their any way to allocate more memory to MCedit cause I'm getting some annoying lag
[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/744918-100ssp-metallurgy-a-minecraft-expansion-v110bupdated-112711/]

Metallurgy: Putting the "Mine" back in Minecraft.

Posted Image

[/url]

MrBillingsworth

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:54 AM

I have a mac 10.5.8. I downloaded both of the versions, and neither of them work.

When i try to run them i get a screen that says. "MCEdit Error" and then gives me options to open console or terminate the program (shut it down).

I have no idea what to look for in the console, so please help.

TkTech
    TkTech

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 304 posts
  • Minecraft: TkTech

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:05 PM

View PostMrBillingsworth, on 02 July 2012 - 07:54 AM, said:

I have a mac 10.5.8. I downloaded both of the versions, and neither of them work.

When i try to run them i get a screen that says. "MCEdit Error" and then gives me options to open console or terminate the program (shut it down).

I have no idea what to look for in the console, so please help.

You're running a 32-bit OS, MCEdit for OS X is supported only on 10.6+ and the 64-bit version of the kernel. You can currently still run MCEdit from source on 10.5.8, but this will not be true in the future.
blog | developer wiki (protocol, etc...) | Codewarrior is back and working on MCEdit!

Lethal_Zak

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:05 PM

When I was using MCEdit it shuts down when I use the brush tool or the fill and replace tool. someone help me
Minecraft 1.2.5
MCEdit 0.1.1

BiH_Kira
    BiH_Kira

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Minecraft: BiH_Kira

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:21 PM

Hey. First of all, thanks for the great tool. MC Edit is helping me quite a lot in making my adventure map (with the new adventure mode).

I could use your help in creating a filter.
Here is the problem. I made a huge structure out of stone bricks and now I want a filter that will randomly pick stone bricks and replace them with cracked and mossy stone bricks. I've made the filter.

The user picks block A (in my case stone bricks) and block B (in my case cracked or mossy stone bricks).
He also inputs the chance of replacing the blocks (default 15%).

And everything works fine if I want to change blocks with different ID's. But when I want to change blocks with same ID's but different .blockData, it doesn't work. It just replaces them with the first, default block ID (instead of placing cracked stone bricks, it will just place stone bricks).

Here is my filter code:
import random

inputs = (
("Pick block A:", "blocktype"), #Block that will be replaced
("Pick block B:", "blocktype"), #Block that will replace it
("Chance", (15, 1, 100)),
)

def perform(level, box, options):
chance = options["Chance"]
blockTypeA = options["Pick block A:"].ID
blockTypeB = options["Pick block B:"].ID
changeChance = float(chance) / 100.0

for x in xrange(box.minx, box.maxx): #nasty loop to go trough every block in the selection box
for z in xrange(box.minz, box.maxz): #not sure if I could use the other 2 methods since
for y in xrange(box.miny, box.maxy): #I don't see them checking every block separately.

if level.blockAt (x, y, z) == blockTypeA:
if random.random() < changeChance:
level.setBlockAt(x, y, z, blockTypeB)

level.markDirtyBox(box)

I know I should use .blockData and manipulate it, but I really don't know how. TBH, I'm happy that I managed to make this filter work as it is considering that I don't know Python. Only Java, C++ and C#.

I wouldn't be asking if I didn't need your help. But I asked around, people I know made some filter (but they completely ignored the message), posted a thread on Mod Discussion which was also ignored...

I hope you can help me.
But thanks anyways.

EDIT:
I made it work somehow. I looked at the level.py library and fount the setBlockDataAt command. I had some problems making it work, but it ended up working well. But get the feeling that something is off with my code.
import random

inputs = (
("Pick block A:", "blocktype"), #Picks the blocks that will be changed
("Pick block B:", "blocktype"), #picks the block to which it will change
("Chance", (15, 1, 100)),
)

def perform(level, box, options):
chance = options["Chance"]
blockTypeA = options["Pick block A:"].ID
blockDataA = options["Pick block A:"].blockData
blockTypeB = options["Pick block B:"].ID
blockDataB = options["Pick block B:"].blockData

changeChance = float(chance) / 100.0

for x in xrange(box.minx, box.maxx):
for z in xrange(box.minz, box.maxz):
for y in xrange(box.miny, box.maxy):

if level.blockAt(x, y, z) == blockTypeA:
if level.blockDataAt (x, y, z) == blockDataA:
if random.random () < changeChance:
level.setBlockAt(x, y, z, blockTypeB)
level.setBlockDataAt(x, y, z, blockDataB)

level.markDirtyBox(box)

I'm not sure if the "level.setBlockDataAt(x, y, z, blockDataB)" is included in the whole loop. I tested it and it all works well, but I'm used to have to use { and } in C++ when I want more than one command line to be included in a loop. But when I use t( and ) inn the code I always get a syntax error on the "level.setBlockDataAt(x, y, z, blockDataB)" line.

I mean, it works fine in my tests, but I still feel like it's not the correct way to do. How does the program know what to include in the loop and what not. Is the "level.markDirtyBox(box)" also included in the loop because there is no way of telling what commands are and what aren't in it. If it is, it's just taking away resources for no reason because it's needed only once at the end of the filter to say that the selection needs to run a lightning check or whatever.
Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

SvEgiiVEteR

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:03 PM

fix 4096 BlockIDs?
do not know much English.
Sorry for bad English :)

Destructerator
  • Minecraft: Destructerator

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:25 PM

I have a topic up about this at the moment, but I'll just ask you guys directly since you're involved with MCEdit dev now.

How does the program display the world? Is it a direct interface with OpenGL or something else? What part of the source code handles that?
And if the world that we are forced to see is false and nothing is true, then make this dream real.

zORg_alex

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:21 AM

When i got that intel version same thing popped up imidiately when i clicked to load a map. Yes it crashes on loading a map.
How could i know that my world is big?
Not long ago minecraft started eating memory like crazy. After playing 5-10 minutes on surface it uses more than a gigabyte of listfile and 700mb of ram and it lags a lot. when i'm minig it is not so bad but still laggy.
That thing started when i got xray mod. reinstalling didn't help it lags all worlds now even new ones.
May be it's because i use x ray. it reloads chunks.

So how do i know that the world is big?

wideload
    wideload

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1332 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:24 AM

View PostzORg_alex, on 04 July 2012 - 07:21 AM, said:

When i got that intel version same thing popped up imidiately when i clicked to load a map. Yes it crashes on loading a map.
How could i know that my world is big?
Not long ago minecraft started eating memory like crazy. After playing 5-10 minutes on surface it uses more than a gigabyte of listfile and 700mb of ram and it lags a lot. when i'm minig it is not so bad but still laggy.
That thing started when i got xray mod. reinstalling didn't help it lags all worlds now even new ones.
May be it's because i use x ray. it reloads chunks.

So how do i know that the world is big?
If your lag problems with Minecraft started after the X-ray mod then it is quite possible that is the cause. Try running a version with everything installed except for the X-ray mod. See how that goes.
That mod shouldn't affect MCEdit unless it actually puts something into the world save. MCEdit isn't affected by installed mods, they just show up as pink blocks or something (depending on your texture pack).

The best way I find to judge world size is the block dimensions. I would say 1000x1000 isn't particularly big, 2000x2000 is reasonably sized. I have 4GB and MCEdit loads a nearly 5000x5000 world and runs fine unless I try to do operations on the whole world (so I don't do that).
As for getting the size of the world I would have suggested MCEdit, but that's obviously not an option for you. You could look into the Tools section of this site for a mapper. Some of them might list the world dimensions. If you can get the world into any version of MCEdit (even for a minute), quickly press Ctr-A and look at the dimensions just above the tool buttons.
If you are willing to do some testing start by getting rid of the X-ray mod. If that seems to make MC less laggy then generate a new world and use co-ordinates (F3 or a minimap mod) to fly around and generate chunks to cover a 500x500 world. Then try loading that world into MCEdit. That's a small map and if that doesn't work I would suggest you have some other problem that is causing MCEdit to crash. What that is, I don't know. If it does work, expand the area to 1000x1000 and see how that goes.
You may also want to consider setting up a vanilla jar (no mods at all) and seeing if a world will load from that. Start from the basics and work your way up.

Let's hope it's just the X-ray mod causing the problems.
Posted Image

HWExtreme

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:35 AM

When are you going to make a 1.2.5 version?

skylord_jonas

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:09 PM

if i want to edit my nether from a bukkit server it says it is empty but i have build things there already how can i edit it ?

WolfieMario
  • Minecraft: WolfieMario

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

View PostHWExtreme, on 04 July 2012 - 11:35 AM, said:

When are you going to make a 1.2.5 version?

View Postskylord_jonas, on 04 July 2012 - 02:09 PM, said:

if i want to edit my nether from a bukkit server it says it is empty but i have build things there already how can i edit it ?
Both of you, just download the newest version, on the front page.

LordBlade170
  • Minecraft: lord_blade

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:21 PM

Is there any chance of a future intel card fix? I have seen many videos about this program and I would love to be able to use this. I'm sorry if this is a stupid question or has been answered before. In case you may know what part is causing the error I may be able to go in myself and try to make my own fix so if you do, please, do share.

Posted Image

zORg_alex

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:26 PM

Today I tried to run minecraft on other pc, a better one.
I realized that my maps was broken. I tried 12w26a and converted my worlds into that format. But then i refused to play on that version because that was laggy. and turned back to old format. That was a problem.
Since that time it started glitching. Xray was installed accidentally on the same week. So i didn't mention that. Today i tried to create new world and it worked fine. But my old ones runs out of memory when you will try to travel more than 4 chunks,

I've tried to create a new world. collected some resources, saved. MCEdit still crashes the same way. About Xray, it affects only rendering allowing to render only special resouce types like ores and everithing handy.

WolfieMario
  • Minecraft: WolfieMario

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:21 PM

View PostLordBlade170, on 04 July 2012 - 07:21 PM, said:

Is there any chance of a future intel card fix? I have seen many videos about this program and I would love to be able to use this. I'm sorry if this is a stupid question or has been answered before. In case you may know what part is causing the error I may be able to go in myself and try to make my own fix so if you do, please, do share.
The program is open-source, so you could try making a fix if you tracked down the problem, and I'm sure many people here would appreciate it. The cause of the error isn't exactly known; a handful of people have tried tracking it down and fixing it, but to no avail. TkTech, the primary maintainer, has stated he can't solve the problem because he has no machines which have the problem, and is therefore unable to track down the source of the issue (error reports aren't enough; he'd actually need a machine with the issue to be able to work it out).

If you have knowledge of Python and actually manage to make a fix, you'd probably halve the number of incoming posts for this thread Posted Image
(considering how many have complained of this error)

Sigma_Phi
  • Minecraft: Llesmis

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:43 PM

Hi,
I'm working on a CTM map, and Importing some dungeons I designed earlier. I'm exporting from one map into another.
Four of my five dungeons I've completed import fine, but the fifth gives the following error:

I don't know how to import this file: Dungeon III - Blackspine Caverns.schematic

Error: LoadingError(('Multiple errors encountered',
NBTFormatError('Not an NBT file with a root TAG_Compound
(Found 31)',), IOError()'MCJavaLevel attempted for smaller
than 64 blocks cubed',)), <traveback object at 0x32CD0C38>

I'm not sure about that "Smaller than 64 blocks cubed" is about, the cave is massive.

It'd be much appreciated if anyone could explain this to me, even more so if someone has a solution.

(I ran a search of this topic, but didn't' find anything.)
Sigma_Phi - home of the long-winded answers to questions nobody asked.
Posted Image

ebennett365

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:54 AM

Whoever created this program needs to get a brain this is the crappiest program i ever used!!!!!Posted Image

END OF SUBJECT.

This stupid editor sucks it wont let me put my pic here!!!!!