Amlup

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 960 posts
  • Minecraft: Amlup

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:42 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image
  • Mini Territory 02 - A Present Surprise,  A Mini-CTM Special!
    Released for Christmas this year (okay, a day late) is out! Enjoy. Posted Image

Download: http://www.fileswap....rprise.zip.html

Difficulty: Easy (I recommend you play on Normal or Easy difficulty)
    Length: Short, 3 wools
    Style: Open world.. kinda, nothing to explore past finding the dungeons!
  • PLAY IN 1.7.4!!
  • Thanks to thebmajor for the map name idea! Posted Image

Let me know of any bugs, though this should be a pretty easy and bug free first release.
  • Uncharted Territory 3 has been released! (26/07/2013)
  • Download Release v1.3.1: http://adf.ly/UMzPe
  • Important: it is highly recommended you play on a vanilla minecraft server if you play on multiplayer, bukkit breaks a number of aspects of the map.
  • Check out my Developer Commentary:

Posted Image

Introducing Uncharted Territory! This is my Complete The Monument map series for Minecraft. The objective of a CTM map is to collect 16 blocks of coloured wool from around the map, exploring different and dangerous areas filled with custom monsters, loot, traps and more! Secure the wool, along with an Iron, Gold and Diamond block and place them upon your Wool Monument to secure your victory!

Uncharted Territory started when I decided to try my hand at map making, my first map was a success and, while now being a little dated, has spurred me on to create more exciting maps for you to play. I currently have 3 maps available for download, enjoy!

Posted Image
Latest Release, Recommended:

Uncharted Territory III:
  • Uncharted Territory 3 (Release v1.3.1) for Minecraft 1.6.2 or above
  • UT3, my third installment in the series is without a doubt my best work to date. Featuring unique custom mobs and gameplay, challenging and beautiful areas, and yet another monument for you to complete: this map is something I'm truly proud of. This map features a number of subtle throwbacks to previous maps, and puts right any mistakes I may have made in them.
  • Important: If you are playing on a server Command blocks must be enabled.
  • Important: it is highly recommended you play on a vanilla minecraft server if you play on multiplayer, bukkit breaks a number of aspects of the map.
Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Posted Image

Past Releases:

Uncharted Territory I:
  • Uncharted Territory 1 (Release v1.3.2) for Minecraft 1.3 or above
  • This is my first ever completed map, it was made primarily with WorldEdit rather than the traditional MCEdit. Considering this was my first map I am extremely happy with how it turned out. This is an overall easy map, from a map makers perspective this map hasn't aged well, and you would be better off playing my newest map, however if you want to play a piece of UT history or just have some fun in a chilled out map, be my guest!
  • Difficulty: Easy-Medium
  • Length: Short(ish)
  • Download Uncharted Territory 1
Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Posted Image

Uncharted Territory II:
  • Uncharted Territory 2 (Release v1.1) for Minecraft 1.4.x ONLY
  • My second map in the series, a much more polished map than my first. This map features a variety of challenging environments and a fair array of custom mobs and loot for it's time, however the loot system is a little unforgiving and new players to the genre may struggle. This map must be played in Minecraft 1.4 due to a series of updates that broke aspects of the map, I may fix these in the future.
  • Difficulty: Medium-Hard
  • Length: Medium-Long
  • Download UT2: Preferred Download | Direct Download
  • Uncharted Territory 2 MUST be played in Minecraft 1.4 - any version of Minecraft 1.4 should work fine (up to 1.4.7)
  • Download Minecraft 1.4.7 from the Mojang servers: http://assets.minecr...7/minecraft.jar
Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Posted Image

Mini Territory I:
  • Mini-Territory 1 - Xmas 2012 (for Minecraft 1.4.5)
  • This is a mini-territory map. It is a CTM map with 3 wool. It is a special release map for
    Christmas and didn't take too long to make, please don't take it too seriously and have fun!
  • Difficulty: Easy
  • Length: Short
  • Preferred Download | Direct Download
Posted Image

Want to support my maps? You can use this signature!
[center]
[url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1380417-"]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/KBlTKET.png[/img][/url][/center]
You might want to preview the signature first to make sure it works and doesn't just show the code, you may have to remove the hyperlink that auto-generates over the URL of this thread using the "Unlink" button.

Donate:
If you enjoy my map(s) and want to show your appreciation, you can donate through paypal using the button below. A lot of time and effort has gone into making the maps so far, any donation is much appreciated!

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Other Legal:
  • You are free to upload and monetize videos of my map(s) to YouTube
  • Terms and Conditions:

MAP (MAPS, plural) - Data that interfaces with the Minecraft client to extend, add, change or remove game content.
MOJANG - Mojang AB
OWNER - , Original author(s) of the MAP. Under the copyright terms accepted when purchasing Minecraft (http://www.minecraft.net/terms) the OWNER has full rights over their MAP despite use of MOJANG code.
USER - End user of the map, person installing the map.

THESE MAPS ARE PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE OWNER OF THESE MAPS TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THESE MAPS. ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THESE MAPS FALL ON THE USER.

Use of these MAPS to be installed, manually or automatically, is given to the USER without restriction.

These MAPS may only be distributed where uploaded, mirrored, or otherwise linked to by the OWNER solely. All mirrors of these MAPS must have advance written permission from the OWNER. ANY attempts to make money off of these MAPS (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, sharecash, etc.) are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN, and the OWNER may claim damages or take other action to rectify the situation.

These MAPS are provided freely and may be decompiled and modified for private use, either with a decompiler or a bytecode editor. Public distribution of modified versions of these MAPS require advance written permission of the OWNER and may be subject to certain terms.

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Kingdragon131
  • Minecraft: kingdragon131

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:50 PM

looks really good, downloading now

tortera9

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

Epic map I have seen him do a play through of this.  Keep up the great work AMLP.  You're and epic youtuber :D
[center][url="http://www.minecraft...topic/1380417-"] [img]http://i.imgur.com/V8qeU.png[/img][/url][/center]

Redstone_Fanatic
  • Minecraft: Redstone_Fanatic

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:39 PM

Needs more pain. Dr. Red is here to fix that.
Lana? Lana. Lana! ....LANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...!
WHAT?!
Danger zone.

Delthyn
    Delthyn

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2450 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:58 PM

I'm waiting for Optifine (my FPS rate sucks) to come out before I update to 1.3, but when it does, I'll give this map a go. The pics look good.

whackmouse
  • Minecraft: whackmouse

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:57 PM

Pretty good map , will try it out later

Amaross
    Amaross

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Minecraft: Amaross

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

Hello folks! I'm Ross and I have been doing a play through of AMLP's map since the initial release.
I am finding it really fun, challenging, and enjoyable! Posted Image

If you like the video, check out my channel, I play other games as well as minecraft:
http://www.youtube.c...marossTheTurtle

I want to thank Q2 (AMLP) for shouting me out in his play through and on his channel multiple times!
Thanks again, and I hope that a lot of you watch and enjoy, or just play the map yourself and have fun.
My nickname is Turtle.
My brain likes to take the name too seriously. o_0

LinkOcarinaTime
  • Minecraft: LinkOcarinaTime

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:06 PM

Awesome!
[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1667337-ctm-collection-dreaded-delusions-series-dangerous-times-remake/Posted Image[/url]

padsanda
    padsanda

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:25 PM

Ahoy, mate!  I had a go at this map shortly after the initial release was posted on YouTube (beta 1.2 I believe) and played through it on the 12w26 snapshot.  Overall, it's quite well done especially for your first map.  There are a good number of unique locations with their own themes, innovative traps, and a good incorporation of the upcoming 1.3 features well before its official release.  I would recommend to any CTM fan (new or seasoned).  Thanks and again, nice job.
Spoiler:

cameron274
    cameron274

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • Minecraft: cameron274

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:19 PM

Looks good AMLP, downloading now. Posted Image

Edit: Okay, the map is great! Just one question.

Spoiler:

Otherwise, everything's a lot of fun. There seems to be an abundance of Iron Swords so far, though. Might want to scale that back a bit.
Check me out on the YouTubes! I play CTM maps and stuff.
http://www.youtube.c...er/halfpixel274

Mrpooey
    Mrpooey

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Minecraft: mrpooey

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:42 AM

Spoiler:

Do you plan on adding more areas to the map?
A lot of iron swords though Posted Image
The 'Hungry like a wolf' is amazing looking and very pretty!
And I can't wait to go and check out Calamity Castle!

EDIT: One thing I would like to add though it the fact that the natural mob spawns are adding a lot more mobs than you intended.
Posted Image

cameron274
    cameron274

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:14 AM

Well, the beginning of the map seems kind of easy. I don't know, maybe it's just me. (A blaze spawner in Miners' Guild wouldn't hurt, though.)

Mrpooey
    Mrpooey

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Minecraft: mrpooey

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:33 AM

View Postcameron274, on 28 July 2012 - 03:14 AM, said:

Well, the beginning of the map seems kind of easy. I don't know, maybe it's just me. (A blaze spawner in Miners' Guild wouldn't hurt, though.)

Yeah it is quite easy but since there is a slight bit of server lag now with the multiplayer and singleplayer merging I think its.. OK  but I think later on maybe some more spawners since there are only the 2 zombie spawners outside the first dungeon but you do only have a stone sword and a small amount of armour upon entry.
Posted Image

Amlup
    Amlup

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 960 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:03 AM

View Postcameron274, on 27 July 2012 - 11:19 PM, said:

Looks good AMLP, downloading now. Posted Image

Edit: Okay, the map is great! Just one question.

Spoiler:

Otherwise, everything's a lot of fun. There seems to be an abundance of Iron Swords so far, though. Might want to scale that back a bit.

You'll have to find out :D. About the iron swords.. yeah maybe there are too many, I'll consider taking out one of the combat supplies chests.

View PostMrpooey, on 28 July 2012 - 01:42 AM, said:

[hidden]
Do you plan on adding more areas to the map?
A lot of iron swords though Posted Image
The 'Hungry like a wolf' is amazing looking and very pretty!
And I can't wait to go and check out Calamity Castle!

EDIT: One thing I would like to add though it the fact that the natural mob spawns are adding a lot more mobs than you intended.

I'm happy with the difficulty of the natural spawns. Also please use spoiler tags for surprises like that, and edit your previous post. No more areas will be added since the map is complete.

View Postcameron274, on 28 July 2012 - 03:14 AM, said:

First intersection is meant to be fairly easy, of course HLTW is meant to be harder but dinnerbone has yet to fix angry wolf spawners (grumble). Some of my beta testers and I found Miner's Guild very difficult so I scaled it down a bit, I am happy with the difficulty. Keep me updated on roughly how many times you die :).

Posted Image

cameron274
    cameron274

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:38 PM

View PostAnotherMinecraftLP, on 28 July 2012 - 09:03 AM, said:

You'll have to find out Posted Image. About the iron swords.. yeah maybe there are too many, I'll consider taking out one of the combat supplies chests.

First intersection is meant to be fairly easy, of course HLTW is meant to be harder but dinnerbone has yet to fix angry wolf spawners (grumble). Some of my beta testers and I found Miner's Guild very difficult so I scaled it down a bit, I am happy with the difficulty. Keep me updated on roughly how many times you die Posted Image.

Spoiler:

So far, things are going swimmingly. I've reached Intersection 2 with no deaths so far.

(Also, I'm at like level 37 and I need an enchanting table.)

Apollo9898
  • Minecraft: Apollo9898

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:07 PM

Assuming your up for it, make this into a series of CTM maps! The full making of the map didn't take you all that long, it's just getting all the bugs out that takes time.
Posted Image

Amlup
    Amlup

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 960 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

View PostApollo9898, on 28 July 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

Assuming your up for it, make this into a series of CTM maps! The full making of the map didn't take you all that long, it's just getting all the bugs out that takes time.

It is true it didn't take that long, but that is because I put a large number of hours into the map each day for a couple of weeks, so I'm still a bit burned out. I'd like to make more maps in the future, but there needs to be some time between now and then to gather feedback about Uncharted Territory, then I can improve my map making skills.

Posted Image

Mattgeek1997
  • Minecraft: mattgeek314

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

I unfortunately died in "Fire and Ice. I was bridging instead of jumping over the part with the floating ice, and ran out of blocks. So I decided to make a jump for it, but due to ice slipperiness, I jumped wrong and fell into the lava below.Posted ImageAs Joe Hills said after his first failure in Lethamyr "Dangit Vetches (would be AMLP in this case)! You didn't even do this to me, I did this to me!

Vechs said:

Vechs thinks that pain is just weakness leaving the body.
Posted Image

Apy1xx
    Apy1xx

Carpenter

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

great map so far, not too easy, not too hard. I like the miners guild area, it looks cool. except

Spoiler:

cameron274
    cameron274

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:09 PM

View PostApy1xx, on 28 July 2012 - 05:27 PM, said:

great map so far, not too easy, not too hard. I like the miners guild area, it looks cool. except the [spoileriffic]

SHHHHHhhhh.

ALSO: I just died for the third time. Dangit, Intersection Two. Why are you so much more difficult than Intersection One? In fact, why do any games ever have to have any sort of difficulty curve? Can't the first level be just as hard as the last?