Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How to get the mod folder if not there.

mods

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

minercat2112

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

I have been trying to get mods onto mincraft, but how I did it isnt there. I normaly get a folder called "mod" but it isn't there. Does anyone know how I can fix it.

Register or log in to remove.

DnielR
    DnielR

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Minecraft: DnielR

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:44 PM

Install Risugami's mod loader (: and don't forget to DELETE META-INF
Posted Image

minercat2112

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:05 PM

View PostDnielR, on 27 July 2012 - 03:44 PM, said:

Install Risugami's mod loader (: and don't forget to DELETE META-INF
I have and I still cant get it though.

DnielR
    DnielR

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:12 PM

View Postminercat2112, on 27 July 2012 - 04:05 PM, said:

I have and I still cant get it though.

how are you installing it and what is your minecraft version?
Posted Image

minercat2112

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:21 PM

I downloaded it on monday and then again 3 times on thursaday. I am on 1.2.5. and now it no longer opens as a compressed (zipped) folder, but it doesn't open at all any more. I dont have 7zip or winrar.

DnielR
    DnielR

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:37 PM

View Postminercat2112, on 27 July 2012 - 04:21 PM, said:

I dont have 7zip or winrar.
There is your main problem, download winrar, install it, and after that install Risguami's mod loader (:.
Posted Image

minercat2112

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:39 PM

I had to get rid of them because I dont know how to work them. I am not the best person with computors.

NiteLitezFTW
  • Minecraft: Parasanity

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:42 PM

Install ModLoader, then run the game. Then your 'mods' folder should appear.

Cats.

Posted Image
"Ranked is cancer." - danthonywalker 2014

minercat2112

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:50 PM

View PostNiteLitezFTW, on 27 July 2012 - 04:42 PM, said:

Install ModLoader, then run the game. Then your 'mods' folder should appear.

Cats.
I just did and now I am going to open it. Thank you for your help.

NiteLitezFTW

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:51 PM

View Postminercat2112, on 27 July 2012 - 04:50 PM, said:

I just did and now I am going to open it. Thank you for your help.

No problem.

Cats.

Posted Image

minercat2112

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

I just did what you said NitelitezFTW but I checked and it wasnt there. I closed the appdata page before this and then just opened it up. If yo know anyone who can help bring them here to help me please. I need to install some mods before next wensday so that I an play it with m brother.

DnielR
    DnielR

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:07 PM

Did you started the game after installing ModLoader? if not, do it.
If that doesn't work, do a force update and try again, maybe your minecraft.jar is corrupted or something.
Posted Image

NiteLitezFTW

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:41 PM

View Postminercat2112, on 27 July 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

I just did what you said NitelitezFTW but I checked and it wasnt there. I closed the appdata page before this and then just opened it up. If yo know anyone who can help bring them here to help me please. I need to install some mods before next wensday so that I an play it with m brother.

Go to %appdata%, there should be a folder called '.minecraft.' Assuming you're on Windows. Go into that (after running the game with ModLoader) and there should be a 'mods' folder there.

Cats.

Posted Image

minercat2112

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:03 PM

View PostDnielR, on 27 July 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

Did you started the game after installing ModLoader? if not, do it.
If that doesn't work, do a force update and try again, maybe your minecraft.jar is corrupted or something.
I just did what you suggested. I can't install the clay soldier mod or the too many items mod, but it doesn't work. I followed what it says on the download place. Do I need to unistall minecraft then reinstall.
Ps. Has anyone been able to download the toomanyitems mod, as I have never been able to and I would like to. Please if you can place a  video showing how to do all the stuff I want to do.

DnielR
    DnielR

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:10 AM

View Postminercat2112, on 27 July 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

I just did what you suggested. I can't install the clay soldier mod or the too many items mod, but it doesn't work. I followed what it says on the download place. Do I need to unistall minecraft then reinstall.
Ps. Has anyone been able to download the toomanyitems mod, as I have never been able to and I would like to. Please if you can place a  video showing how to do all the stuff I want to do.
I have both mods on my 1.2.5, i personally love TMI Posted Image (too many items) here is a little video showing how to install it
and to install ModLoader  
And the clay soldiers is exactly the same thing as installing TMI Posted Image
Pd: just never, ever, EVER  forget to delete META-INF. (: good luck
Posted Image

minercat2112

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:37 AM

I just did what the video said for tmi and clay soldier. But I did what the guy in the video said but I never got my clay soldiers or part. Please help as everytime I try to place it in, code screen apears then black. Thank you everyone for the help, for I love the single player commands and tmi.

minercat2112

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:02 PM

Finnaly I have it done. Thank you everyone who helped. DnielR, I found that if you just move the whole folder of clay soldier into the mod page, and it works. The way the guy did it in the video woun't work.

minercat2112

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:03 PM

Ok, now I have yet another problem, has anyone else been able to get more maps installed into minecraft.

Masterchief1856

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:52 PM

OK I have a prob so every time I try to instal clay soldiers mod it says some kinda blue screen and says MODLOADER: 2
MODLOADER- 1.2.5

I dont know what this mean but i guess it has something to do with my memorie on the computer I am not sure and here is what makes me angry. I was able to get it in there days ago and it worked but i had an issue with my computer and had to redownoad minecraft and now it just wont work can someone please help me. Sorry if i posted it on the wrong place but every time I make my own forum that isnt a map no one awnsers.