Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.4.7] [SMP] OmniTools 3.0.2 - One Wrench to Rule them all and in the Modpacks bind them


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
149 replies to this topic

#61

RhinoKneel

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

Not posting it for that, more that I did some Tooncraft textures. Should have done something else then Posted Image

Another idea to note. I noticed how the omni-wrench will rotate and switch around placed vanilla objects which I love and had the thought that is it possible that it could flip through paintings too? I understand if its not possible or not something you think the wrench should do.

Edited by RhinoKneel, 15 December 2012 - 11:25 PM.

Posted Image


Register or log in to remove.

#62

Cobra1117

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:53 AM

Is there a way to automatically convert items with the Lexicon? It'd be nice to be able to use pipes/tubes to automatically convert all compatible ingots into a single item type for storage. (Automatically using the default conversion selection in the Lexicon would be fine.) Thanks!

#63

Malivil
    Malivil

    Iron Miner

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 333 posts
  • Minecraft: Malivil

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:04 AM

This makes it a lot easier to use a bunch of tech mods together.

I agree with Cobra, though, being able to pipe stuff into/out of the lexicon would be really useful (if it doesn't already do that).

#64

AEtherchild
  • Location: England
  • Minecraft: AEtherchild

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

For some reason, I am unable to convert between the 100kEUStore FOD entry. I'm using GregTech, and noticed potential exploits with a few conversions that I'd rather disable, but I don't appear to be able to convert within that group anyway. I've attempted conversions using items with various different Storage levels, and items given using the /give command and therefore no NBT tag, but nothing happened. EITHER something odd is going on, or GregTech has disabled a bunch of conversions by default.

#65

KingLemmingCoFH
  • Minecraft: KingLemmingCoFH

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

View PostAEtherchild, on 19 December 2012 - 10:46 AM, said:

For some reason, I am unable to convert between the 100kEUStore FOD entry. I'm using GregTech, and noticed potential exploits with a few conversions that I'd rather disable, but I don't appear to be able to convert within that group anyway. I've attempted conversions using items with various different Storage levels, and items given using the /give command and therefore no NBT tag, but nothing happened. EITHER something odd is going on, or GregTech has disabled a bunch of conversions by default.

Quite intentional. GregTech is disabling those conversions to my knowledge - the only bug here is that the convert button is not properly greying out in the Lexicon.

Right now I'm in the middle of a rewrite of this mod, I may release a patch for 1.4.6, but after that, I imagine a few things will be changing, quite likely the name for starters.
Posted Image

#66

bb010g
    bb010g

    Newly Spawned

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

How do you get this working with FTB? I'm on a Mac with Lion and using the main pack (1.4.2) and the 1.4.2 version of OmniTools. I zipped it, but it doesn't seem to load. Anything I'm doing wrong?

#67

the next techy

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

does the lexicon support isided intventory and is it activable via redstone? for automation sake? i would love to be able to set up a redpower line and pump all my ore through this.

#68

AEtherchild
  • Location: England
  • Minecraft: AEtherchild

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

View PostKingLemmingCoFH, on 19 December 2012 - 04:18 PM, said:

Quite intentional. GregTech is disabling those conversions to my knowledge - the only bug here is that the convert button is not properly greying out in the Lexicon.

Right now I'm in the middle of a rewrite of this mod, I may release a patch for 1.4.6, but after that, I imagine a few things will be changing, quite likely the name for starters.

Glad that it's intentional to be honest. Due to GregTech's near-overuse of the FOD, the exploits would be ridiculous. Being able to craft an IC2 Advanced Circuit into a BC Diamond AND Gate would be WAY too much. Plus fully-charged IC2 Batteries and Crystals seem to be equivalent to empty ones while I was flicking through my 299 pages of FOD equivalencies, so that could turn out silly.

Would it be possible to alter the .ignore list so that you're able to blacklist entire FOD groups at a time? I was hoping to blacklist the circuitTier00-05 groups entirely before I found out they're disabled by default, but it would seem a nicer way of doing things than manually blacklisting all entries within a group.

#69

KingLemmingCoFH
  • Minecraft: KingLemmingCoFH

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:01 AM

View PostAEtherchild, on 20 December 2012 - 02:52 AM, said:

Would it be possible to alter the .ignore list so that you're able to blacklist entire FOD groups at a time? I was hoping to blacklist the circuitTier00-05 groups entirely before I found out they're disabled by default, but it would seem a nicer way of doing things than manually blacklisting all entries within a group.

Alter? It already works that way - you can blacklist entire "ore" types or specific itemstacks. Check out the example omnitools.ignore file on the download page. ;)
Posted Image

#70

AEtherchild
  • Location: England
  • Minecraft: AEtherchild

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:33 AM

View PostKingLemmingCoFH, on 20 December 2012 - 03:01 AM, said:

Alter? It already works that way - you can blacklist entire "ore" types or specific itemstacks. Check out the example omnitools.ignore file on the download page. Posted Image

So today I have reported a bug about a mod that was actually just me forgetting about a Redstone Torch I placed out-of-sight, failed to install Ant to compile BC build 201, and also failed to properly read a mod post by likely my favorite modder. IT'S NOT MY DAY TODAY.

#71

ColdFireIce

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:26 PM

View Postthe next techy, on 20 December 2012 - 12:59 AM, said:

does the lexicon support isided intventory and is it activable via redstone? for automation sake? i would love to be able to set up a redpower line and pump all my ore through this.

push?

#72

KingLemmingCoFH
  • Minecraft: KingLemmingCoFH

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:09 AM

Released for Minecraft 1.4.6. Couple of minor tweaks, I'll start keeping a changelog maybe or something.
Posted Image

#73

rckymtnrfc

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:50 AM

The wrench is acting weird for me on IC2 solars, the solar I click on breaks, shows the drop, but I can't pick it up and I can't walk where the block was.  Clicking it again with the wrench (in the now empty space where the solar was), the solar appears to come back (the drop still stays on the ground but can't be picked up).

#74

FnordMan
    FnordMan

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 1115 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

View Postrckymtnrfc, on 23 December 2012 - 04:50 AM, said:

The wrench is acting weird for me on IC2 solars, the solar I click on breaks, shows the drop, but I can't pick it up and I can't walk where the block was.  Clicking it again with the wrench (in the now empty space where the solar was), the solar appears to come back (the drop still stays on the ground but can't be picked up).
Need more info than "HALP! BORKEN!" Which MC version? Which versions of both mods? If you run FTB or if you run it manually via the console (java -jar minecraft.exe) do you get any console messages?

#75

rckymtnrfc

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

I believe my post has a little more detail than a misspelled "HALP! BORKEN!" post but you are correct in that I should have provided version info.  MC 1.4.6, Forge .473, IC2 .112 and OmniTools 2.2.3.  Not FTB and no console msgs on the server.  Also, in case someone asks, these are the IC2 solar panels, not Advanced or Compact Solars.

Seems to be all IC2 machines, just tried it on an electric furnace and it did the same thing.  I then tried it on a wooden waterproof pipe between 2 tanks and it worked fine.

#76

KingLemmingCoFH
  • Minecraft: KingLemmingCoFH

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:38 AM

Yeah there's a good chance it's borked, won't lie on that. I'm home for the holidays and I normally work 12 hour days, so the update was a mostly blind compile vs the new IC2 api, not sure if they've intentionally broken the wrench or I've messed the implementation up.

I'll see about a fix on it, but no promises as I'm spending time with family.
Posted Image

#77

rckymtnrfc

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:55 AM

View PostKingLemmingCoFH, on 24 December 2012 - 05:38 AM, said:

I'll see about a fix on it, but no promises as I'm spending time with family.

Enjoy the time with the family, a fix can wait.  Happy Holidays!  =)

#78

BabaGAReeb

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:48 AM

can any1 tell me where is omni tools for minecraft 1.4.5 pls? i cant find it any where

#79

FnordMan
    FnordMan

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 1115 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

View PostBabaGAReeb, on 24 December 2012 - 08:48 AM, said:

can any1 tell me where is omni tools for minecraft 1.4.5 pls? i cant find it any where
Given KingLemming is likely busy i'll put this up temporarily, i'll remove it later. In the future, use proper english. (any1 != english, pls != english)

edit: removed link

Edited by FnordMan, 25 December 2012 - 04:41 PM.


#80

BabaGAReeb

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

View PostFnordMan, on 24 December 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

Given KingLemming is likely busy i'll put this up temporarily, i'll remove it later. In the future, use proper english. (any1 != english, pls != english)
See here
Thanks for the link mate, sorry about the improper english just used to typing like that.