Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Redstone ingots


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1

Admantus

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

I've been having this idea for a while. Why not make redstone into craftable weapons, armor, and ingots?

Register or log in to remove.

#2

FlaminBurrito2

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:01 PM

Stronger than diamond? No, do you realize how easy it is to obtain redstone once you get to the layers where it is generated at? I have stacks, and stacks, and stacks of redstone waiting to be used at my old world.

#3

vindew
    vindew

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 158 posts
  • Location: Anywhere but this cesspool.
  • Minecraft: vindew332

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:24 PM



No,no,no! We do not anything stronger than diamonds.
Of all the things you could think of, Redstone? Grrrrrr.

Quote

Some stupid quote,I'm sure.

#4

lRoy
    lRoy

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

Do you smell that?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5

vindew
    vindew

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 158 posts
  • Location: Anywhere but this cesspool.
  • Minecraft: vindew332

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:31 PM

So...


Quote

Some stupid quote,I'm sure.

#6

AllSuperGames

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

View PostlRoy, on 26 July 2012 - 05:27 PM, said:

Do you smell that?
Posted Image

I can't smell a image that has failed to load.

I do know that you can't make ingots out of redstone, probably.
Posted Image

#7

Admantus

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:35 PM

View PostFlaminBurrito2, on 26 July 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

Stronger than diamond? No, do you realize how easy it is to obtain redstone once you get to the layers where it is generated at? I have stacks, and stacks, and stacks of redstone waiting to be used at my old world.
But have you realized how boring diamond is now? It's not even funny. And now that the new ore that's coming out, emerald, is only used for currency, i figured why not share my idea.

#8

Kholdstare
    Kholdstare

    Blaze Extinguisher

  • Members
  • 4855 posts
  • Location: I could probably put an overused/bad joke here, but instead I put this when I should be telling the world my location.
  • Minecraft: Giygas924

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:11 PM

View PostAdmantus, on 26 July 2012 - 05:35 PM, said:

But have you realized how boring diamond is now? It's not even funny. And now that the new ore that's coming out, emerald, is only used for currency, i figured why not share my idea.

Redstone Ore is 4x as common as diamond and drops 4x as much materials. Making redstone only mineable with diamond is not a good solution for the same reason why obsidian tools are not a good solution.

Posted ImageDid something happen to you in your childhood to give you this unreasonable fear of rutabaga?Posted Image‚Äč


#9

Admantus

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

When did i say that it would be mineable with diamond?

And please, enlighten me on how obsidian tools in minecraft are a bad idea.

#10

FlaminBurrito2

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:36 PM

View PostAdmantus, on 26 July 2012 - 05:35 PM, said:

But have you realized how boring diamond is now? It's not even funny. And now that the new ore that's coming out, emerald, is only used for currency, i figured why not share my idea.

No, in fact I still get excited when I find diamond even after I get more than I will ever need. Like said by Kholdstare, redstone is 4x as common as diamond and it drops 4x more materials. If you make redstone stronger than diamond, there is basically no need for diamond except for enchantment tables and jukeboxes and diamond blocks. Your suggestion makes diamond even MORE boring, because you are taking away the excitement of getting a complete set of diamond tools and armor.

#11

Jellomob
    Jellomob

    Nether Resident

  • Members
  • 2054 posts
  • Location: floating somewhere in the ocean

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:38 PM

View PostAdmantus, on 26 July 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

I've been having this idea for a while. Why not make redstone into craftable weapons, armor, and ingots? And it could be stronger than diamond, because there needs to be a new vanilla ore stronger than diamond.


Posted Image

LOL NOPE.

You need to stand back a bit, take a deep breath, and take a close look at what you just suggested.

Redstone is meant for circuitry. Using it as armor would be preposterous, never mind it being stronger than diamond.

"stronger than diamond" is a phrase you do not use on this forum. It's basically taboo.

"herobrine"
"guns"
"obsidian tools"

These are also phrases that are "taboo" here on this forum. It's already been explained countless times why these are never going to happen, and I would rather not explain it myself.


But I digress.

There is no need for anything stronger than diamond, it has 1520 some-odd durability, there is no need for any more than that.

Posted Image

WE NEED CODERS! Come over to our forum and help out with the All Dem Dimensions mod! http://alldemdimensi....php?f=23&t=613

#12

Admantus

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:42 PM

View PostJellomob, on 26 July 2012 - 06:38 PM, said:

Posted Image

LOL NOPE.

You need to stand back a bit, take a deep breath, and take a close look at what you just suggested.

Redstone is meant for circuitry. Using it as armor would be preposterous, never mind it being stronger than diamond.

"stronger than diamond" is a phrase you do not use on this forum. It's basically taboo.

"herobrine"
"guns"
"obsidian tools"

These are also phrases that are "taboo" here on this forum. It's already been explained countless times why these are never going to happen, and I would rather not explain it myself.


But I digress.

There is no need for anything stronger than diamond, it has 1520 some-odd durability, there is no need for any more than that.
thanks for the laugh lol. And what's wrong with obsidian? I get redstone, but why not obsidian? It'd look better than diamond.

#13

FlaminBurrito2

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:47 PM

View PostAdmantus, on 26 July 2012 - 06:42 PM, said:

thanks for the laugh lol. And what's wrong with obsidian? I get redstone, but why not obsidian? It'd look better than diamond.

The reason there are no obsidian tools or armor is because obsidian isn't as hard to find as diamond. Once you get your diamond pickaxe, you can just start mining obsidian and easily get a whole set of armor and tools. It may take a long time, but I am certain that an obsidian pickaxe would make mining obsidian quicker. Obsidian is also a renewable resource I think, but I am not sure on that one.

#14

Admantus

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

View PostFlaminBurrito2, on 26 July 2012 - 06:47 PM, said:

The reason there are no obsidian tools or armor is because obsidian isn't as hard to find as diamond. Once you get your diamond pickaxe, you can just start mining obsidian and easily get a whole set of armor and tools. It may take a long time, but I am certain that an obsidian pickaxe would make mining obsidian quicker. Obsidian is also a renewable resource I think, but I am not sure on that one.
Well there's always increasing the rarity of a block. It's not rocket science. Like maybe digging up sea sand from the bottom of the ocean and smelting it would give you obsidian shards, which can be crafted into either tools or an obsidian block. And, it'd be better.

#15

Robotliar

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:57 PM

View PostAdmantus, on 26 July 2012 - 06:42 PM, said:

thanks for the laugh lol. And what's wrong with obsidian? I get redstone, but why not obsidian? It'd look better than diamond.
Take a chill pill mister failed suggestion post.Redstone was never or once a ingot or a smeltable item.Now quit replying back to other comment and agree that this suggestion is a fail.And "REDSTONE" is 4x less rare than diamond. TROLL:Hey,look lots of redstone.*gets 5 redstone* *make pickaxe* TROLL:Now I don't need diamond herp derpy derp...

#16

nearbeer
    nearbeer

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 1021 posts
  • Location: My chair, my kitchen, or my bed.
  • Minecraft: nearbeer

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:23 PM

This thread won't be locked for redundancy because no one's been so retarded to post it.

You say diamond is boring? Whenever I'm mining, my eyes pop out when I see etches of light blue in the rocks. It is rare enough it will never be 'boring', unless you xray or something like that. What you propose, is a way to obtain something BETTER than diamond armor, AND EASIER to get than diamonds. Not to mention, redstone is dust, not a kind of metal that holds together solidly when put together. And lastly, Jeb said he would not add more tiers of armor/tools/etc. into the game. So get out of here.
I would love it if you checked out my "about me" page on my profile and looked at my threads :P I'm always happy to see new posters.

#17

leson88
    leson88

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 527 posts
  • Location: In Your Mind O.o
  • Minecraft: leeson88

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:11 PM

Oh my god. Yes. Add it.

Joking. No, nothing should be stronger then Diamond. In reality, Diamond is the hardest material ever. Nothing should be stronger.
Posted Image

#18

Admantus

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:17 PM

View Postnearbeer, on 26 July 2012 - 07:23 PM, said:

This thread won't be locked for redundancy because no one's been so retarded to post it.

You say diamond is boring? Whenever I'm mining, my eyes pop out when I see etches of light blue in the rocks. It is rare enough it will never be 'boring', unless you xray or something like that. What you propose, is a way to obtain something BETTER than diamond armor, AND EASIER to get than diamonds. Not to mention, redstone is dust, not a kind of metal that holds together solidly when put together. And lastly, Jeb said he would not add more tiers of armor/tools/etc. into the game. So get out of here.
Dude, calm down. It's just an idea. You don't have to put me down for posting this. And why do you have to be an asshole about it? And why does everyone get so butthurt about this?

#19

Admantus

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:28 PM

View PostRobotliar, on 26 July 2012 - 06:57 PM, said:

Take a chill pill mister failed suggestion post.Redstone was never or once a ingot or a smeltable item.Now quit replying back to other comment and agree that this suggestion is a fail.And "REDSTONE" is 4x less rare than diamond. TROLL:Hey,look lots of redstone.*gets 5 redstone* *make pickaxe* TROLL:Now I don't need diamond herp derpy derp...
"Hurr Hurr yeah let's put down a new member for asking something" It's a fucking idea. calm the fuck down. Am i hurting anyone by suggesting this? no.

#20

Robotliar

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:09 PM

View PostAdmantus, on 26 July 2012 - 08:28 PM, said:

"Hurr Hurr yeah let's put down a new member for asking something" It's a fucking idea. calm the fuck down. Am i hurting anyone by suggesting this? no.
Looks like you are new here.Dude quit defending your ideas and we are disagreeing because its a stupid idea.Even if you are new I accepted the same fate as you so shut up and suck it up.