Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How do i turn a dirt block into a grass block on a floating island

grass dirt help

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

wolfgang519

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:08 PM

Ok so I've got this small problem in Minecraft Xbox 360 edition basically I made a floating island and the top layer is dirt however the texture is the brown dirt not the green texture on top is there any way to make the green part grow

Posted ImageThis is the texture that is present on the island and covers all of it Is it possible to grow the grass on top of it like the image below if so how

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

WhinerKidsEverywhere

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:09 PM

Connect It with green grass then wait for a while.

DUPPYCONQUEROR

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:12 PM

yep either make a dirt stairway from grass below so the grass spreads upto your island or push a grass block there with a piston.

Damien4004
    Damien4004

Section 44 Moderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • 1450 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:12 PM

You need to make a dirt stairway leading from a block that already has grass, up to where you want the grass to be.  The grass has to spread, it doesn't just grow on its own.

TN55
    TN55

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1202 posts
  • Minecraft: TaterNuts55

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:41 PM

View PostDamien4004, on 24 July 2012 - 11:12 PM, said:

You need to make a dirt stairway leading from a block that already has grass, up to where you want the grass to be.  The grass has to spread, it doesn't just grow on its own.

^This, and make sure you're light levels are above 4 i think, which, assuming you're outside and nothings over top of the dirt anywhere, shouldn't be a problem.

Rule #76: No excuses, run like a champion.

wolfgang519

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:32 AM

thanks guys

MegaTrain

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:22 PM

Since 1.7 came out, using a (non-sticky) piston to push the block up is the fastest and easiest method.
Just push it, retract it, then stick a dirt block in the gap, repeat. A piston can only push 12 blocks at a time, though, so if you are going higher than that, you'll have to stop and climb up to reposition the piston.

xYOSSARIANx
  • Xbox:xYOSSARIANx
  • PSN:ReggieMcMuffin

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:31 PM

Grass spreads to the block next to it, if the light level is high enough and if the block is no more than 1 block higher or 3 lower.