• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

GoldOre
    GoldOre

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

I'm looking to start a modern city map, complete with skyscrapers, slums, rural areas, suburban areas, and more.

Only thing I need, is a great seed.

If anyone could suggest one, that'd be great.

Check out my server! Link in spoiler!

Register or log in to remove.

GhoulishZombie

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:59 PM

TurnoftheTides
That is the best one
Posted Image

JDawgMillenium

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:03 PM

Try "turnofthetides" for fulfilling your requirements. 25% of the map is covered in trees, and there are giant dirt boners in the tens, but it is apparently the best one. (Thanks, terrain generator. I hope 1.8 cuts off your skull and feeds it to the dogs)

Postscript:
I did exactly what you did. I asked the forums for a flat seed so I could build a modern city. Today, I am still working on the one I gave you.

Teh_4th_Wall

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:11 PM

Well according to a youtube video "bambi" has a good flatland area on it, I would just suggest accumulating a large supply of dirt and making a large flat area.

AgentxZero

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:16 PM

if you dont mind building over water -1497848687 is the seed i used a few sand hills nothing hard to get rid of tons of space to expand right at spawn

Echocrack

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:19 PM

DonkeyDong, that's a good flat one

Epic_Grant

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:24 PM

offtopic: Mountainman has a small flat space and an AWESOME terrain that makes my personal server fun!
Posted Image WIN.

GoldOre
    GoldOre

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:07 PM

View PostGhoulishZombie, on 23 July 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

TurnoftheTides
That is the best one

View PostJDawgMillenium, on 23 July 2012 - 04:03 PM, said:

Try "turnofthetides" for fulfilling your requirements. 25% of the map is covered in trees, and there are giant dirt boners in the tens, but it is apparently the best one. (Thanks, terrain generator. I hope 1.8 cuts off your skull and feeds it to the dogs)

Postscript:
I did exactly what you did. I asked the forums for a flat seed so I could build a modern city. Today, I am still working on the one I gave you.

Started a map on this seed, looks like a good one.

Thanks guys (even if I didn't use yours)!

Check out my server! Link in spoiler!

Nose_Job_for_a_Cowboy

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:37 PM

Does anybody know that there is a search bar at the top of the page? I have seen this thread at least 5 times, posted in three of them. And every one is almost identical, I even see the same seeds from the other threads!

Just so I'm being productive to the topic, again,
[i][/i]
is a good flat seed.

EcessJDOG

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:29 PM

fancy letting me join your world one time?

1xMobSlayerx1
  • Minecraft: SpeckTech
  • PSN:SpeckTech

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:42 PM

Believe it or not, but my gamertag is actually a good flat land seed.  It's (SpeckTech314), remove the parenthesis.  There is a flat area in the northeast part of the map with a surface lava lake in a forest.  The only problem is that there are a TON of trees to level as there is a forest taking up a lot of space.
Posted Image

Epic_Grant

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:27 PM

View Post1xMobSlayerx1, on 02 September 2012 - 10:42 PM, said:

The only problem is that there are a TON of trees to level as there is a forest taking up a lot of space.
A flint & steel will wipe it out EASY
Posted Image WIN.

Minecraft91002
  • Minecraft: minecraft91002

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:19 PM

View Post1xMobSlayerx1, on 02 September 2012 - 10:42 PM, said:

Believe it or not, but my gamertag is actually a good flat land seed.  It's (SpeckTech314), remove the parenthesis.  There is a flat area in the northeast part of the map with a surface lava lake in a forest.  The only problem is that there are a TON of trees to level as there is a forest taking up a lot of space.
i've seen that gamertag somewhere

jaysus273

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:22 AM

View PostMinecraft91002, on 08 February 2014 - 11:19 PM, said:

i've seen that gamertag somewhere
*facepalm*
The thread hasn't been posted on in over a year.