• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

I respect Mojang and everyone there, but it is getting old..

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

gruhastoes

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:23 AM

I don't mean to come off as rude or an "annoying spammer", but as a few others have stated...

Mojang is a company with a LOT of money now. They should have upgraded to the largest server LOOONGGGG ago, MineCraft has been down for almost 4 days straight now.

And another thing that is really frustrating to see is when people buy the game or ask for a refund, they just get ignored because theres only 2 people to handle the requests and they are bogged down to hell with thousands of them (per day LOL)

I think that once this whole server upgrade is in place, Mojang should work on making MineCraft stable 24/7.

I don't care if you put off another update for a month; the long random downtime and crashing and bugs and payment problems HAVE TO GO!

MineCraft is a REALLY AMAZING game, but for your own sake you should become a lot more professional! :D
*Some* customers may be put off by down time and stability issues... ;)
But honestly though, thank you for making MineCraft, you have the money now so GO GO GO!! :D

Register or log in to remove.

ItsRecycled

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:33 AM

We have heard the same stories over and over. its sorta sad how true each one is. but this is the support forum. Spamming it up with these threads is silly :iapprove:

We can only wait and see what notch/mojang will do to fix this issues and hopefully there wont be these problem in the future. People ranting and raving over refunds are stupid. You bought a game in a beta you cant expect it to run like butter.
Posted Image

Luffy
    Luffy

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • Minecraft: lvl3anbu

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:34 AM

Agreed.

They should have upgraded a long time ago, and I would preffer a *Working* Game compared to this cause it's so annoying..

Not to mention they don't even give us an estimate of when it might be finished...

One of the greatist PvP servers around. Click the image for more info.
Posted Image

Suitecake

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:01 AM

Luffy said:

Agreed.

They should have upgraded a long time ago, and I would preffer a *Working* Game compared to this cause it's so annoying..

Not to mention they don't even give us an estimate of when it might be finished...

It IS Beta.

saiek
    saiek

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:52 AM

hence why this is the beta. This is a privilege to be playing minecraft even if we payed for it. We payed for the final release of the game, and as a bonus we get to play it early with lots of bugs and server issues.
Posted Image

CEOrko
    CEOrko

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:03 AM

Being able to play a paid beta for a game that might not even be completed is far from a privilege. No one in their right mind would have bought Minecraft if it wasn't playable from the start, and now that they own licenses for the game, the developer needs to keep its end of the bargain. EULAs be damned, not working to prevent all issues that could cripple a product is the difference between functioning customer support and a scam. Furthermore, the server issues are hardware-based and could have easily been prevented. The game still being in beta has nothing to do with Mojang's failure.

At first, I was like
[Notch]
BUT THEN I PUT ON MY RAPE FACE
[SSSS]

TheGuardian001

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:32 AM

Because I'm tired of seeing these threads, I'm going to sum up the thoughts of most people in this post:

We don't care. Go whine somewhere else. If you'd like to at least be ignored by the correct people, please contact [email protected].

CEOrko said:

the developer needs to keep its end of the bargain.

Technically, they have no bargain to uphold. They have provided you with the software you purchased. Whether or not you are capable of using the software is legally none of their concern. They could shut down the servers permanently today, and they would be completely within their rights.

AlfonsoDeegan

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:42 AM

TheGuardian001 said:

Sorry you're so offended that people don't like it when products they purchase don't work as they should.

Actually, no, I'm not. You don't speak for Mojang and you don't speak for the other users on this forum.

There's no reason that they didn't have a redundant server, and with $18 million in revenue "beta" doesn't really work as an excuse anymore. Period.

Suitecake

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:19 PM

Beta is a designation used by the developer to indicate the stage of the project. It's tentative. Testy. Things are being fiddled with.

Is there a certain (unspoken, perhaps) obligation to have something working well and maintained when you sell it? Sure. But I'm not going to lose my shit over some server issues, especially when they're in the process of migrating them.

More often than not, Minecraft works for me. With the understanding that this iffishness of the program will only improve as time goes on, and with how awesome the game is anyway, I'm content.

pvjinflight

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:22 PM

At least better than EA. I bought Spore from them, and last time online worked about 6 months ago. Their servers are failing, and as Spore doesnt sell anymore they dont care about their customers and are not fixing the problem.

Spore was too childish game anyway as it was made for 10yo cute building game instead of real life simulation.

Sry offtopic, but having bad problems with big game houses with no real support taught me to be patient, problems that last only few days like ones with Minecraft really feel nothing when compared to ones that are caused just because big companies dont care their customers after they got their money.

I could understand all of this moaning if these problems would have lasted for lets say 2 weeks, but 4 days is very short time.

Sabre2th
    Sabre2th

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:51 PM

I'm going to post because I have nothign better to do. Why? Because the servers are down AGAIN.
[EDIT] I edited out necroposting cos was lookin at the joined date thinking it was the post date :--+: fail [/EDIT]

Both arguments in this thread are right. I'm not going to suggest that Mojang are under legal obligtion to provide a stable service but it would damn well be a nice thing if they did. As the game has progressed into beta, server stability should become a priority. I know a few people now who have access to hacked clients which easily circumvent the need to login to an account and I don't see their motivation for buying the game improving considering this issue.

I bought the game in Alpha and accepted the bugs and instability but considering how much resources Mojang has aquired so far, as someone else has stated, there really is no excuse bar lazyness or unwillingness to spend those resources which is either unacceptable or greedy. I don't see Mojang employees as either so it would be nice for an explanation.

Come on people, pull the finger out. Hire someone who knows about servers if that's your issue, or provide a different system for entering private servers with your individual name regardless of connection to mincraft.net. This is the main issue. I don't want to have to spend extra time aquiring the same items on my usual person just as a precaution to fraud.

Either provide stable servers or allow users to log into private servers with their original, legit username without having to log into mc.net. Eventually you will have to implement this when you retire the servers ANYWAY.

PPPPPPPPPPPPPLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEE AND THANKYOU

--> :P  ? -.-

:--+:  :)  :--+:  better

PotVsKtl

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:07 PM

saiek said:

hence why this is the beta. This is a privilege to be playing minecraft even if we payed for it.

Do you also smile and grovel while you're beaten? What a pathetic comment.

Kull TheConq

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:38 PM

I posted a fix that will get you playing again.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=148806

Wish I could get a sticky so that all the new post would stop. There myst be 500 posts about the game not working???

seorsum
    seorsum

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:58 PM

No, it isn't.  We paid to play an alpha/beta, THAT is pathetic. Why the hell would anyone willingly pay to have something that isn't even finished?  We all did (i assume), so obviously we thought it was good enough to shell out 10-15EU knowing that it was going to be buggy as hell.  What do these people think they were getting?  They could have played it free online.  They also could have read and seen that Mojang is aware of the issues and is working on resolving them.  They could have saved their hard earned money and bought a full release game, the ones that tend to release full of bugs and authentication issues due to a lack of proper testing and just get patched in the months after "final version".

Crap, in the last week this place has been nothing but complaints about connection issues, even with a post on top explaining what was happening.    Same folks are probably on MMO forums demanding a free month for an hour of server downtime.

I swear, nobody here has tested a game beyond the "open beta" that happens a week before release that they got from Fileplanet.

rawr.

PotVsKtl

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:02 PM

seorsum said:

No, it isn't.  We paid to play an alpha/beta, THAT is pathetic. Why the hell would anyone willingly pay to have something that isn't even finished?  We all did (i assume), so obviously we thought it was good enough to shell out 10-15EU knowing that it was going to be buggy as hell.

There's a huge difference between a game you can actually play being buggy and developers who chose to sell said game being flat-out lazy and going to sleep rather than fixing their server. Why can't people understand this? I expect bugs in a beta, even a paid one. I don't expect public displays of apathy and outright uselessness out of Mojang. They don't act like they give a shit, full stop. That's when I start getting angry, and all the idiots posting here about how it being in beta fixes every little complaint a person could ever think of just make it worse. If you don't understand how servers, networking, etc work, then STFU.

danskmacabre

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:11 PM

I bought this game when it was in Alpha, knowing it was really buggy, which it is.
Now it's in Beta, it's still buggy. But it's a beta, so what do you expect?

It seems over the last few months it became a LOT more popular than it was, so it;s stability is going to suffer what with more people doing a bigger variety of things and the login servers groaning under all the new traffic.

You can't just expand the size of a company like THAT, it takes time.
The website stated VERY clearly that the game would be buggy and expect problems.

I know it's a pain, but it's just a game anyway, there's plenty of other games to play whilst the login servers are ropey and most people can play offline anyway (Except for those who just bought it and can't get validated, bummer, but then I assume they read the disclaimer about it being unstable).
Anyway, the login server seems pretty stable to me ATM, so maybe it's all sorted I dunno.

seorsum
    seorsum

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:21 PM

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize that I can only comment if I have worked 20 years as a networking IT monkey, terribly sorry I didn't mean to intrude on your personal forum and cause you any distress.

I'm going to go do my rl work now, think I can pack in a 72 hour day since apparently my clients should come before sleep.  good thing all I do is bang rocks together and look for kindling.

Ragezors
    Ragezors

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 923 posts
  • Minecraft: Ragezors

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:32 PM

Try League of Legends when its on downtime, good timewaster... Each game lasts 25~70 minutes...

OR SAVAGE 2 AND BE AMAZINGLY AWESOME!
To be sure I'll look at your thread/post again, quote my post. The notification that is send to me will alert me.

Pile0Poo
    Pile0Poo

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 07:00 PM

I have to say that I agree with all of the complaints that are being made.  I bought the game about a week and a half ago now, so I only got a few days of play time before all this server shit happened.  You can probably imagine the image that this has painted of Mojang for me.  I understand that some of you are annoyed by all of the complaints and everything, and feel like you need to defend the company because of it or something, but this is really unacceptable.  When you sell a product that people have paid for, you are responsible for that product.  It needs to work.  Period.  Yes, I know that the game is in beta, but the fact of the matter is that people bought the game, so it has to work.  Bugs alone are fine, but it needs to be playable.  End of story.

TheGuardian001

Posted 21 January 2011 - 07:09 PM

AlfonsoDeegan said:

You don't speak for Mojang
Which is exactly why you should go be ignored by [email protected] instead of flooding the forums with these stupid threads. Nobody here (outside of the "Announcements" forum) represents or is affiliated with Mojang. Complaining to us will do nothing for anybody. If you'd like to complain, they have email addresses. Please use them.