Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How to make minecraft more fun

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

luztospooge
  • Minecraft: luztospooge

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

I've been playing Minecraft for a while now, and I was wondering how I could make this any more fun? Because I'm starting to tire of doing it all again. I've tried lots of different things, MP, SP, Mods, Tekkit etc. But me and my friend want something new and challenging which could make it more fun for us to play, like  a challenge as Minecraft can really start to get boring when you have to do laborious tasks over and over. Any suggestions how to make it more fun? Thanks guys, I know you'll think of something.

Register or log in to remove.

waldenmcgillis
  • Minecraft: waldenmcgillis

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:31 PM

Join Minez servers. Really fun. Go to Minez.net for the ip and info.
Posted Image

qNxX
    qNxX

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 435 posts
  • Minecraft: qNxX

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

Think of a huge building which should take some weeks to build in survival.
Posted Image
To those who want others to click the green arrow if they helped: The arrow is actually white, the square around it is green!

luztospooge
  • Minecraft: luztospooge

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:40 PM

What sort of building would you suggest?

Ddonnell
  • Minecraft: Ddonnell
  • Xbox:Donnell1832

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

Same.

camdonius
  • Minecraft: camdonius

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:22 PM

Take time off from Minecraft. Go play a different game. The Steam summer sale just happened which means everything was dirt cheap. After playing some other games for awhile try playing Minecraft a little again.
Posted Image<-ClickMe

Lepgeck
    Lepgeck

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Minecraft: Lepgeck

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:40 PM

I started Minecraft not too long ago and I'm already getting bored. What do I do? :/

LostGeographer
  • Minecraft: lolno

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:43 PM

View PostLepgeck, on 22 July 2012 - 06:40 PM, said:

I started Minecraft not too long ago and I'm already getting bored. What do I do? :/
Easy, If you havn't tried vanilla, mods, texturepacks, maps, roleplaying servers, playing on Skype with friends, or hungergames, you have some resources yet to exhaust
Want to playa custom map? click my the pickaxe  on that top Left of this post and go down to where it says my skype ID, then add me and talk to me about playing!

Lepgeck
    Lepgeck

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Minecraft: Lepgeck

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:50 PM

View PostBlazeCrafter, on 22 July 2012 - 06:43 PM, said:

Easy, If you havn't tried vanilla, mods, texturepacks, maps, roleplaying servers, playing on Skype with friends, or hungergames, you have some resources yet to exhaust

Which mods and servers are the best?

MineWonder

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:56 PM

Join a clan or even make let's play series Thats always fun.
Spoiler:

camdonius
  • Minecraft: camdonius

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

Or if you want to go and try out back in the older updates when you first joined that's always fun!

There's a video about how to do that

Posted Image<-ClickMe

INFECTEDdave
  • Minecraft: infecteddave

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:34 AM

Build something big on survival like maybe New York City or Alcatraz would even be cool.
"If you're going through hell, keep going" -Winston Churchill

DontStealMyBacon
  • Minecraft: DontStealMyBacon

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:23 AM

In my latest world I have been working on a village farm and an iron gollem farm, which has been a lot of fun working on. Watch a lot of videos and try to figure out how to make the new most efficient exp farm. Take some time and actually figure out, what ratio is perfect between spawning area and access to water canals (one that has been puzzling me) and how to get them down to the lowest health possible before you kill them.

If you have enough materials, you could try to perfect the overworld endermen trap. It takes a LOT of materials, but it has been done. If there was a little more competition between different endermen farms on youtube maybe they would be improving each other. Give it a shot
Posted Image

ArcaneMiner
  • Minecraft: Merman141

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:39 AM

I try to just set random achievements for myself. An example is to try to get every possible painting in a survival world. Just to random stuff like that, and it will make the game more fun.

Posted Image

jokrage
    jokrage

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1127 posts
  • Minecraft: BJ_HEROS

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

I have the same problem. I wish the new updates add more beginning content. It just gets repetitive starting off.
"It's camouflaged. It's disguised as a police telephone box from 1963. Every time the TARDIS materializes in a new location, within the first nanosecond of landing, it analyses its surroundings, calculates a twelve-dimensional data map of everything within a thousand mile radius and the determines which outer shell would blend in best with the environment... and then it disguises itself as a police telephone box from 1963."                                                                      -The Doctor

SmurfyDoess
  • Minecraft: SmurfyDoess

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

if you want a funner, yet kinda harder minecraft, and your into mods, check out http://www.minecraft...ion-developers/ and http://www.minecraft...e__hl__mod pack those mods make the game SO much harder..

but if your not into mods (for whatever crazy reason!) try building a city, with all the features all the things a city would need to survive! a sewage system, town hall, swimming pool, a gizzilion houses!, and also a library! you could add sooooo many more things! just use your imagination!!

but if you really can't be bothered with that, try build a replica of something... like an old castle, or maybe even a small house (similar to your real life one) that is completely livable!

just use your fantastic imagination and build to your hearts desire!

if your really stuck just google things to build in minecraft, you'll find something there for sure

hope all this helps!! smurfy out!!!
   ╚╔Member of the Mination Build Team╗╝
         -SmurfyDoess-
Are you looking for a builder/interior decorator? Look no further! For I have put my building services up for hire, check it out --> http://www.minecraft...kills-for-hire/

BMO
    BMO

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Minecraft: BMOgames
  • Xbox:DA lukalis

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

Setting goals or yourself and doing big projects

Or if you just wanna mod that's fine too

PyroOfZen
  • Minecraft: PyroOfZen

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

The only limit is your creativity...
-some quote from some site I saw today about Minecraft.

But it's true. If you aren't having fun in Minecraft, it's not the game's fault, nor anyone else's responsibility to tell you how to make it more fun.

Your creativity and imagination are the only things that drive you to play. People can give you ideas that can sprout into new creations, but in the end, it's all you. Don't copy what other people think is fun...to you, it's not. Not all of the time, at least.

Take a break. Play Skyrim, or CoD, or whatever games you like to play. Anything that isn't Minecraft-related. Come back in a week or two...you'll be ready to go with new designs and new builds. You'll last about a month and not want to play again, coming back to these forums and asking how to make it more fun, to which I will copy this post again and again and again and again until you learn your lesson.

kthnxbai.

Follow me @PyroOfZen or on Facebook!

Weridpan
    Weridpan

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:15 AM

View Postjokrage, on 17 March 2013 - 09:30 PM, said:

I have the sa
me problem. I wish the new updates add more beginning content. It just gets repetitive starting off.
True that is But what can you add?
Posted Image

Israphe59

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:54 AM

Minecraft is fun use your imagination unless your a robot without an imagination why do you think you have an imagination to think about you fighting a dinosaur during a fractions lesson?!