Minecraft Note Block Studio
Version 3.2.1 - Last updated on 13.10.27
Please read the F.A.Q. before asking a question!
Compose note block music
Create remakes of your favorite songs or original compositions in a user-friendly
interface, without having to worry about redstone or Minecraft's 2 octave limit.
You can even add your own instruments!
Convert MIDI files into note blocks
Not a musical genius? Don't worry! The internet is full of music in the .mid format,
available in all kinds of music and all sorts of artists. Just make a quick Google
search for your favorite song and open it in the program!
Import your creations into a Minecraft world
Once you have finished a song or imported one from a MIDI file, you can easily
import it into your Minecraft world using Schematic files, with the help of
programs such as MCEdit.
Edit songs made in Minecraft
Have you built a song in Minecraft that you want to edit? Well, you can do that too!
Just select the space that your song is in and export it as a Schematic, again, using
MCEdit. You can then open the Schematic in the Minecraft Note Block Studio!
Save your song as a MIDI file
You can also export your song as a MIDI file that you can then share with your friends,
use in a video or expand in a MIDI editor.
All this and much more for a stunning price of $0.00!
The Minecraft Note Block Studio is a music editor for Minecraft, where no redstone knowledge is required to be able to create complex note block songs for your Minecraft world. No longer will you have to struggle with redstone, repeaters and clocks to get the right timing and sound, the Minecraft Note Block Studio does all of that boring stuff for you! But that doesn't necessarily take away all the challenge in composing a great note block song.
To download (Windows only), visit the link below:
(Click for full size)
- Part 1: Composing note block music
- Part 2: Opening MIDI files
- Part 3: Importing songs into Minecraft
- Part 4: Editing songs made in Minecraft
- Tutorial by benjidu68370 (French)
- Tutorial by trivifuntv (French)
- Tutorial by MrCraftCod (French)
- Tutorial by FullsidePlay (French)
- Tutorial by PhiljannFN (German)
- Tutorial by MinecraftStanfort (German)
- Tutorial by DominonLetsPlay (German)
- Tutorial by Minecraftmodderhd (German)
- Tutorial by MCRedstoneXalbiX (German)
- Tutorial by 84losito84 (Spanish)
- Tutorial by halerias (Spanish)
- Tutorial by MrLOQUENDRO5 (Spanish)
- Tutorial by MinecraftBlow (Polish)
- Tutorial by MCTupak (Polish)
- Tutorial by ThePseudopes (Czech)
- Tutorial by Paprikascz (Czech)
- Tutorial by sobAKADUKA (Russian)
Info about note blocks
Note Block Song (.nbs) format
Minecraft Wiki Page
NoteBlockAPI for Bukkit by xxmicloxx and michidk.
My Youtube channel
Note Block Songs:
Here are some songs made by the community using this program. The MC community never ceases to amaze me with their creativity.
- Petraller's Song Pack 1 by Petraller (10 songs) - Go to post
- Petraller's Song Pack 2 by Petraller (8 songs) - Go to post
- Petraller's Song Pack 3 by Petraller (10 songs) - Go to post
- Petraller's Song Pack 4 by Petraller (8 songs) - Go to post
- NeroDMCry's song pack by NeroDMCry (4 songs) - Download .zip
- Flam8 song pack by flam8 (including Minecraft songs) - Go to post
- Cover compilation (.zip with .mp3s) by rsmalec (13 songs) - Go to post
- A Little Piece Of Heaven by 2440080345 - Download .nbs
- Bad Apple by Dariuski - Download .nbs
- Bad Apple by RTiger - Download .nbs
- Burn It Down by Randalcas - Download .nbs
- Day N Night by Jacolby Neco - Download .nbs
- Grenade by MCCrafter100 - Download .nbs
- Hysteria by Creativist - Download .nbs
- Imagine by theg721 - Download .nbs
- James Bond Theme by Tweelix - Download .nbs
- Kirby's Dreamland Intro by Real_Mrpinci19 - Download .nbs
- Mozart's Piano Sonatra in C Major K330 by Luigi700andMario700 - Download .nbs
- Pachelbel's Canon by Seioch - Download .nbs
- Pokemon Battle Theme by ValcanGaming - Download .nbs
- Pokemon Theme Song by Ooby - Download .nbs
- Rainbow Tylenol by SabasNL - Download .nbs
- Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head by Locke_Erasmus - Download .nbs
- Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites by licko2 - Download .nbs
- Star Wars episode I: Duel of the Fates by Ooby - Download .nbs
- Tears Into Wine by MrAPC - Download .nbs
- The Entertainer by Tweelix - Download .nbs
- The Lazy Song by DeathAwaits93 - Download .nbs
- The Refrain of the Lovely Great war by Kaynato - Download .nbs
- Through the Fire and Flames by xXFail_NinjaXx - Download .nbs
- Viva La Vida by Petraller - Download .nbs
- Without You by Blu3f00d - Download .nbs
- Zelda Theme song by Tweelix - Download .nbs
- A Kind of Magic by Hipaphix
- All Star by Kruga
- Bohemian Rhapsody by Lucky Cobra
- Call Me Maybe by licko2
- Cara Mia (Portal 2 turret song) by Doirdyn
- Comptine D'un Autre Été by derrickduff
- DJ Got Us Fallin' in Love by Petraller
- Don't Stop Me Now by Jaxl089
- Earthquake by Icy Wind
- Fireflies by Petraller
- Friday by sabasNL
- Gangnam Style by Petraller
- Get Ready For This by Kruga
- Hammer To Fall by Higaphix
- He's a Pirate (Pirates of the Carribbean theme) by Kruga
- Hold The Line by Higaphix
- Indiana Jones Theme by Tweelix
- It's My Life by Petraller
- Johhny B Goode by CheetoS
- Nothing Else Matters by Cheabman97
- Nyan cat by Fnugful
- Pokemon Center Theme by Lucario_J
- Popcorn by MrMassacre8
- Positive Force (VVVVVV) by Petraller
- Pushing Onwards (VVVVVV) by Petraller
- Remedy by Icy Wind
- Smells Like Teen Spirit by Inimitable
- Song of Storms by DeathAwaits93
- Super Mario Bros. 3: Athletic by spencII
- Sweden by Petraller
- Terraria Theme by MusicalWolfe
- Tetris A Theme by Fluffy25656
- Tetris B Theme by Fluffy25656
- The Edge of Glory by Alstor
- Turkish March by yuhhaur
- Vanilla Twilight by Petraller
- What Is Love by another
- What I've Done by MTGHunter
A complete list of updates and their respective changes.
Q: How do I run this on a Mac?
A: This program is currently not Mac compatible (and probably never will be). However, some people have managed to run this using Crossover and Wine, but I haven't tried it myself. Or you can just buy a PC.
Q: Can I open a .mp3 or .wav file and convert that into note blocks?
A: A feature like that would be nearly impossible to add, due to .mp3 and .wav being compressed audio files, while .mid files are nothing but instructions. Read this for more info.
You could try a .mp3 to .mid converter, but the result is often disappointing due to the differences between the formats. You can also try a Google search for your song in the .mid format.
Q: How do I use this program?
A: The tutorial videos, found here, together with the help file (Press F1) covers pretty much everything about using this program. Tutorial videos made by the community are available in a few languages such as German, French and Czech and can be found in the list above.
Q: When I import the schematic into my world, all the note blocks are of the same pitch!
A: WorldEdit has some weird issues with schematic files. Use MCEdit instead, or the WorldEdit that comes with Single Player Commands.
Q: Why does the program lag?
A: Depending on how powerful your computer are, the program may run slow, especially when recording using Fraps or similar. To reduce the lag, try resizing the screen to something smaller, or decrease the amount of piano keys shown in the "Appearance" tab in the Preferences window.
Q: Why is there no sound?
A: If sounds from note blocks or the piano roll doesn't play, try going to Settings>Preferences and change the sound system to "XeAudiere" and restart the program.
Q: How do I export my note block song as a .mp3 or .wav?
A: You can't (yet). In the mean time, you can use Audacity (or similar) and record the sound off your computer as you are playing the song, and then export into any format you'd like.
Q: What's with the tempo restriction?
A: In Minecraft, redstone updates at a rate of 10 times per second, where each update is a "tick". There is no way to change this value (without a mod of course.) In the Note Block Studio, the tempo of the song must be either 10, 5 or 2.5 ticks per second in order for it to be imported into Minecraft at its original playback speed.
Q: When I import a .mid file, it sounds terrible!
A: Due to the variety of the MIDI format, the MIDI importer is far from perfect. This feature is really just meant to give you a foundation for your song, so the result may need some tweaks and editing before you are satisfied. There are many tools for modifying note blocks in the Note Block Studio, such as selecting many note blocks at once, lowering their pitch/octave and even changing their instrument.
Q: Can I Import a song into a multiplayer world?
A: If you own the server, just open the server world in MCEdit like you normally would with a single player world. If not, there is no way to do it yourself unless the server has WorldEdit installed, in which case you can try and import it using the /load and /paste commands.
Show your support:
Help this program become more popular by spreading the good word through your signature! Copy this BBCode and paste it into your signature to get a nice banner that links to this topic: