• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.4] Witches and More V164DEV12 by Chancebozey (A DEVELOPMENT BUILD - Updated 12/22/2013)

witches and more chancebozey mobs items dimension forge structures biomes smp witch

• Please log in to reply
1002 replies to this topic

Chancebozey

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:11 AM

POPULAR

Posted Image

Updated December 22 - Added a 1.6.4 Development build download Version 12. This version works with Minecraft 1.6.4 and is single player(SSP) and multiplayer(LAN/SMP) compatible.

Important Notes!: When updating remember to remove the old configuration file so it can generate the new one.

Thank you all for your patience through these Development Builds.

For now the portals to the new dimensions are as follows:

CYR - USE GREAT TREE LOGS
  LANDS END - USE DENSE WHITESTONE BRICKS
  Light them with the Lanilt Ignitor

Posted Image
*The design and function will eventually be changed.*

Warning!: For the development builds I will be consolidating and reducing the number of item and block IDs as I add to and improve the mod so that worlds using earlier versions of this mod may not work due to missing item or block IDs that are now part of a meta data block or item. Also I do not have many recipes and items related to several blocks completed yet. These are developmet builds so there will be some bugs which means there may be frequent small release updates to address them as they are found.

Hello all. This is my first mod.

As the title suggests it adds witches and much more.
I started this after creating a witch house for my two boys. I realized how empty Minecraft felt at times, so I started to create my first mob - a witch.
From there I just kept adding stuff. Some mob models were created by my two young sons and many others by me. I also added randomly generated structures. I am still learning and plan to add more and improve existing content over time.

Here is a link to my 10 year old son's first mod Posted Image Check it out :)

Some of the pictures on this forum page actually make good desktop backgrounds as my boys discovered :)

Posted Image
The Median Widow. Look up! It might ambush you from above.

Posted Image
Now more variation in the new randomly generating castles.
They only generate at block level 80 and above so you will most likely find them in a mountain biome.

Notes:
Spoiler:

Version History:
Spoiler:

Known bugs for current version:
Spoiler:

Planned Future content:
Spoiler:

Videos:
Thank youTheAtlanticCraft, CocoSmackdown, ThnxCya,  strokeit421,  iPodmail, and HuskyMUDKIPZ for the videos Posted Image

More Videos:
Spoiler:

Biome added to Minecraft:
Spoiler:

Blocks added to Minecraft:
Spoiler:

Recipes added to Minecraft:
Spoiler:

Mobs added to Minecraft:
Spoiler:

Structures added to Minecraft:
Spoiler:

Supported Mods:
Spoiler:

Supported Texture Packs:
Spoiler:

Credits:

- Thank you Markus "Notch" and the others at Mojang for creating and maintaining this great game Minecraft that we all love to play! :)

- Thanks to the Forge team for their dedication to the Minecraft modding community!

- Special thanx to The_WeatherPony for the assistance with file manipulation for use with the Forest Bloom Tree seasonal changes. :)

Download link:
Adfly link (skip add)

Development Build For Minecraft 1.6.4 Forge build 953:
WitchesandMore V164DEV12 zip

Older versions:
Spoiler:

Installation:
Spoiler:

Thank you all for your interest and input!

Posted Image

Banner

Posted Image

Show your support by adding this banner to your forum signature.
1. Navigate to your site settings on this forum by clicking on your forum name next to your icon in the top right corner of this page.
2. Click "Edit my Profile".
3. Click "Signature" under Profile Settings.
4. Copy the URL below into the edit window then click "Save Changes".

[center][url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1366410-witches-and-more-v101-by-chancebozey/"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/VXalD.jpg[/IMG][/url][/center]

Disclaimer

Spoiler:
Posted Image

Thank you for any donation you may give.

Posted Image

It really does help me as I spend countless hours maintaining, improving and updating this mod.

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

scott6969
  • Minecraft: scott6969

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:49 AM

broken link

Chancebozey

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:13 AM

Thanx I think I fixed it.

Posted Image

Chancebozey

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:23 PM

I finally uploaded some pics. Hope you enjoy.Posted Image

Posted Image

DerpToaster

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:06 PM

Make witches take damage when they touch water, since... they are witches.... derp

Chancebozey

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:51 PM

The Witches do take damage when wet. :)

I uploaded some fixes for a few problems I discovered while testing. Thank you for your input.

Posted Image

DerpToaster

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:17 AM

Need a skinner's help maybe? i can help you with new,better(and maybe darker?) textures for the mobs.
http://imageshack.us...89/test2jg.png/
http://imageshack.us...94/test1ku.png/

These are pictures of my latests skins, they are not public actually, original , made by me.

Chancebozey

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:55 PM

Not at this time. Thank you.

Posted Image

MrCompost
    MrCompost

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1202 posts
  • Minecraft: MrCompost

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:45 PM

Lovely! A +, a download and Posted Image   for you!

Posted Image

Follow me on Twitter! @Angry_MrCompost

Chancebozey

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:50 PM

Thank you very much Posted Image .

Posted Image

MrCompost
    MrCompost

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1202 posts
  • Minecraft: MrCompost

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:17 PM

View PostChancebozey, on 24 July 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

Thank you very much Posted Image .

You're welcome! So your boys made the models? Let them know that an experienced modder thinks they are good ;)

Posted Image

Follow me on Twitter! @Angry_MrCompost

Chancebozey

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:25 PM

Well I helped them but for the most part they made many of the models themselves. My nine year old made the monkey, turtlemen, doggy, scavenger, flowermen, hill giant and rainbow trout. I helped more on the trout. My seven year old made the ender troll and fire wolf. I had to change his rotation points and offsets, but again they did most of these models themselves. They also colored the PNGs too. Now if I could just get them to code it too lol. Posted Image  We used Techne.

Posted Image

Jaster
    Jaster

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 725 posts
  • Minecraft: JasterMK5

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:48 AM

When i see those turtle vils and its ppl, this song seems to fit them xD. I like this mod, it adds somthing we need, while i do prafer more complex textures, they were made by your children and i can respect that. Also its good to see your little ones helping you out with this mod, you dont see Family mods to often.

Lord_Cerberus

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:07 PM

So far good job with the mod. I really like the Witch/Haloween inspired part, especially the Jaxx, JaxxOLantern and the witch + house are great. I love them, you should ask your kids to create more scary monsters, children really do have a better imagination than adults.
Actually kids and witches fit together, would be funny if you add a witch that tries to lure kids to her house in order to cook them in her pot for a youth potion. (I think that might be not child friendly :D)
Posted Image

Chancebozey

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:37 AM

Thank you all for your interest and comments. Well the water plant is no longer an entity but a proper block now. This helped increase the spawn rate of the aquatic entities and you can now find the plants. :) I hope the transition to 1.3 will go smoothly as I have not even looked into it yet.

Posted Image

Chancebozey

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:57 AM

View PostLord_Cerberus, on 25 July 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

So far good job with the mod. I really like the Witch/Haloween inspired part, especially the Jaxx, JaxxOLantern and the witch + house are great. I love them, you should ask your kids to create more scary monsters, children really do have a better imagination than adults.
Actually kids and witches fit together, would be funny if you add a witch that tries to lure kids to her house in order to cook them in her pot for a youth potion. (I think that might be not child friendly :D)

The models I made myself are the witch, Jaxx, JaxxOlantern, once choice meat, angelfish, discus, corydora catfish, mummy and mummy king. I also made the structures, although I am trying to get my boys to build something too. They have built some good structures I just have not decided what will fit well in the mod. They would rather play than work of course :)

Posted Image

Lord_Cerberus

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:45 PM

View PostChancebozey, on 26 July 2012 - 05:57 AM, said:

The models I made myself are the witch, Jaxx, JaxxOlantern, once choice meat, angelfish, discus, corydora catfish, mummy and mummy king. I also made the structures, although I am trying to get my boys to build something too. They have built some good structures I just have not decided what will fit well in the mod. They would rather play than work of course Posted Image

what else can you expect, kids are kids. They just love to play :) I would like to see more scary stuff but since this is a family mod i expect more colorful things ;) I looked trough my old child hood drawings and i discovered a lot of interesting/creative monsters (would be rather hard to turn them into block monsters due to their shape/apperance)
Posted Image

scott6969
  • Minecraft: scott6969

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:52 AM

i have on request a cyclops

Chancebozey

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:03 PM

I'll see what I can do :)

Posted Image

THEYHAMDIGUY20

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:43 AM

Holy smokes this mod has some big potential! I'll keep an close eye on this mod, good job!