10 replies to this topic

Cubies
    Cubies

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:21 PM

Hey guys,

I've been watching Simon and Lewis building a Jaffa Cake factory and learnt that they are using the Tekkit mod. I visited http://www.technicpack.net/ but the website seems down, am I looking in the wrong place to download it or will it be back online soon?

From Cubies. <3

Register or log in to remove.

luacs1998
  • Minecraft: luacs1998

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:02 AM

We don't really like talking about it here.
They updated their server.
And FYI, it's not a mod, it's an illegal-as-shit mod pack.

Gators86
    Gators86

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:33 AM

The website is down right now, try to download it later. I highly recommend getting tekkit, it is the best modpack in my opinion. The modpack is not illegal in any way, i don't know what luacas is talking about. I have been playing takkit for about a month now and i absolutely love it! Just wait until the site is back online then get it.

Gators86

luacs1998
  • Minecraft: luacs1998

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:02 AM

View PostGators86, on 21 July 2012 - 05:33 AM, said:

The website is down right now, try to download it later. I highly recommend getting tekkit, it is the best modpack in my opinion. The modpack is not illegal in any way, i don't know what luacas is talking about. I have been playing takkit for about a month now and i absolutely love it! Just wait until the site is back online then get it.

Gators86
It is.
http://forum.industr...d&threadID=3466
and
http://forum.industr...d&threadID=6907
Read some insights from the mod authors themselves.

SuperEesti
  • Minecraft: SuperEesti

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:36 PM

View PostGators86, on 21 July 2012 - 05:33 AM, said:

Gators86
i have to say watch mote direwolf20 and slowpoke101 and NO yogcast

nworB_cirE
    nworB_cirE

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 936 posts
  • Minecraft: nworB_cirE

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

Rule of thumb: Modpacks that start with 'T' are illegal.

Wait until the FTB modpack comes out. It is infinitely more legal than Technic/Tekkit.
Posted Image
PLEASE! Learn to use spoiler tags, especially when posting crash reports: [spoiler]YOUR TEXT HERE[ /spoiler]

BrodaciousCoyote

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

View PostnworB_cirE, on 15 October 2012 - 03:57 PM, said:

Rule of thumb: Modpacks that start with 'T' are illegal.

Wait until the FTB modpack comes out. It is infinitely more legal than Technic/Tekkit.

Heh. I think you started that link with a very unfortunate letter.

Also if you'll notice, most of those threads disprove the OP's claims later on. Man I miss the days people modded games for fun..

nworB_cirE
    nworB_cirE

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 936 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

View PostBrodaciousCoyote, on 15 October 2012 - 04:45 PM, said:

Heh. I think you started that link with a very unfortunate letter.

Also if you'll notice, most of those threads disprove the OP's claims later on. Man I miss the days people modded games for fun..

Meh. The actual name is "FTB - The Mod Pack"... soooooooooooooooooooooooo, yeah. It starts with an 'F', not a 'T'.

And when you say "OP's claims" what would those be?
Posted Image
PLEASE! Learn to use spoiler tags, especially when posting crash reports: [spoiler]YOUR TEXT HERE[ /spoiler]

BrodaciousCoyote

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

View PostnworB_cirE, on 15 October 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

Meh. The actual name is "FTB - The Mod Pack"... soooooooooooooooooooooooo, yeah. It starts with an 'F', not a 'T'.

And when you say "OP's claims" what would those be?

Well for instance; the OP in the post about making money off the ads then has someone post the exact numbers of Technic's hosting; 3 TBs is free, $0.25 for each GB over that limit. Technic's launcher goes off the same hosting, and generally requires several TBs a month, making more than a $250 loss for each TB. Thus offsetting the ads. Of course, the OP continues to say that this just means their profits are getting pissed in the wind, which goes to show he doesn't know what profits are. (Hint: If it goes into manufacturing/hosting/packaging, it isn't profits)

nworB_cirE
    nworB_cirE

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 936 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:17 PM

I'm still not sure which OP this is.
Posted Image

BrodaciousCoyote

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

View PostnworB_cirE, on 15 October 2012 - 05:17 PM, said:

I'm still not sure which OP this is.

Second thread, about the monetization.