• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Summoning the EnderDragon

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Summoning the Ender Dragon (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Which option(s) would you like to summon the Ender Dragon

1. First Option (2 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. Second Option (3 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

3. Third Option (4 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

4. Fourth Option (1 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

5. NO (explain why) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Phoenix750

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:57 PM

We all know (or at least most of us) that the ender dragon egg is completely worthless besides for a trophy item. I am suggesting that the egg be used for a "re-match" against the ender dragon. I have multiple options for what/how it would happen.

Before you read
1. The portal back to the over world will not despawn
2. The "summoned" ender dragon will not drop a portal
3. The Ender Dragon can ONLY be "summoned" in the end
4. The Ender Dragon will not be any more different than the first one
5. To prevent possible use as a griefing tool, a server's admin will have the option to disable the ender dragon's egg
6. The Ender Dragon Egg, will NOT dissapear
7. The "summoned" Ender Dragon will not drop an egg

2. You place the egg, and in about 10 seconds, all the enderman in a 16 block radius will start staring at the egg. Wait for 10 more seconds and the enderman will stop staring at the egg and resume what they were doing, and the ender dragon will spawn in the distance.

3. Same as 2 but instead of the enderman just staring at the egg, they will look at it for 2 seconds and then run away from it, as if fearing the ender dragon will come back

4. Same as 2, but after the enderman look at it, they will attack you, and the enderdragon will spawn once all the enderman that are attacking die.

Feel free to post what you think as long as if you say no, you have a reason why. Also feel free to post any other ways the ender dragon could be summoned. Don't forget to  press the + button, if you support.
I find the lack of turtles in your thread disturbing

Register or log in to remove.

TheMinecraftideasGuy

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

neat idea, I support, but i think that the egg should disappear, and land on the original portal again after destroyed.

Also I think that an enderman should pick it up. If you do not kill it in time, it will summon the enderdragon. Will not happen the when you have just defeated the enderdragon.
This is my egg. Please click on him, as I will for you. Do not let him die..
Posted Image

Marsalevsky
  • Minecraft: ElSquirrel77

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:25 PM

Sounds pretty cool. I think the spawned Ender Dragon should look a little different than the original one though.
Posted Image <- click me

Gamer Stix said:

Roughsauce is legit

Cobalt32
    Cobalt32

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2135 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:07 AM

I think Notch already has plans for the Enderdragon Egg.

Posted Image

Epicness1324

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:49 AM

View PostCobalt32, on 19 July 2012 - 03:07 AM, said:

I think Notch already has plans for the Enderdragon Egg.

Notch doesn't develope Minecraft anymore

OT: What would it drop, how much xp, etc.

You need to add more detail
Posted Image
I am ninja'd far too often.

Cobalt32
    Cobalt32

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2135 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:52 AM

View PostEpicness1324, on 19 July 2012 - 03:49 AM, said:

Notch, Jeb, whoever. My point was that the Egg's fate is probably set in stone right now.

Posted Image

Epicness1324

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:53 AM

View PostCobalt32, on 19 July 2012 - 03:52 AM, said:

Notch, Jeb, whoever. My point was that the Egg's fate is probably set in stone right now.

Well Jeb did mention adding the Red dragon Notch promised. He never specified if the the egg is going to be used for the new dragon, but anything is possible
Posted Image
I am ninja'd far too often.

Cobalt32
    Cobalt32

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2135 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:56 AM

View PostEpicness1324, on 19 July 2012 - 03:53 AM, said:

Well Jeb did mention adding the Red dragon Notch promised. He never specified if the the egg is going to be used for the new dragon, but anything is possible
He didn't mention specifically what it was for, but he did say he had a purpose planned for the Egg at some point.

Posted Image

Lunchguy

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:42 AM

Using the egg to refight the enderdragon is the most logical and most reasonable use for the dragon egg.

I think that by using an eye of ender on the egg, it breaks the egg and explodes(no damage to the player though) the portal blocks that used to be a way back to the overworld would go away. and then another end island would spawn nearby the one you start on, connected by a 2x50x1 bridge of either obsidian or bedrock. Once on the new end island another dragon spawns along with the crystals, killing the enderdragon would result in the same death as the first one, and the same portal that gets dropped.

Not trying to change the idea or anything, but that's my concept on how it should work.

Phoenix750

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:21 PM

View PostEpicness1324, on 19 July 2012 - 03:49 AM, said:

What detail?! I am simply suggesting a way to re-fight the Ender Dragon. Nothing more
I find the lack of turtles in your thread disturbing

AlexanderVII
  • Minecraft: Alchemist_Fitz
  • Xbox:Acrnavy

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

Yeh it would be great. Another dragon fight just so that if lost your chance you still have another.
Posted Image