[looking for more detailed, more recent mod reviews to insert here]
Watch this series about blocking breast cancer with the butterfly mania mod, it's awesome!
Full playlist: https://www.youtube....rpdxkzw&index=1
Review of Version 0.8.6
Review of Version 0.8.4
Review of Version 0.5
- Over 150 unique Butterflies with very diverse spawning and behavior.
- Collect and Decorate your Home: Build yourself a butterfly house or hang your catches on the wall as trophies.
- Semi-Intelligent Behaviors: Butterflies wander around, feed, camp, sleep, hide from rain, dance around glowstone & jack'o'lanterns in the night, chase one another and flee from players (with different chances)
- Catalog your Catches: Collect data on the Butterflies you caught with the Butterfly Encyclopedia and share it with your friends in Multiplayer
- Research spawning grounds: Examine dead butterflies with a magnifying glass to reveal some information of where still undiscovered butterflies might spawn
- Read & Learn: The Encyclopedia also contains a lot of real life information on each butterfly, just click the right arrow button on one.
v0.9.3 - Halloween Event update
- Increased the render distance of butterflies by 50%, this should make it a bit easier to find new butterflies
- The Event butterflies now spawn at fixed times of the year. In particular, Aura, the summer butterfly doesn't spawn anymore (now only in June, July and August), but therefore does Nyx and Pasiphae, the halloween event butterflies. But hurry up, at 7th of November they're gone till next year ;-)
- Updated to Minecraft 1.6.4
- Fixed Bug with Unremovable Butterfly Trophies (missing Hitbox)
- Fixed Bug with First-Person-Handheld-Graphics being only 2D, not 3D
- Updated to Minecraft 1.6.2
- "Rare - Epic - Extinct Pack" - 45 new Butterflies that are mostly harder to catch
- 1 Event Butterfly to celebrate the beginning of summer :-) (only spawns for a limited time)
- Research Assistant - The encyclopedia now shows a magnifying glass when the butterfly can be used for research
- More realistic graphics for Edwards Forester, Small Copper, Blue Argus, Cloud Butterfly, Purple Edged Copper, Northern Brown Argus (+updated description), Large Blue,
- Event Butterflies listed - They now have their own section in the encyclopedia
- Rebalanced Spawning, some butterflies only spawn in rain, reduced spawn in rain for other butterflies
- Butterflies now also can Rest and Feed vertically
- Added Subfamilies to all Butterfly Descriptions
Bugfixes / Balancing:
- Renamed Butterfly Painting to Butterfly Trophy
- Disabled rendering of backsides of butterfly trophies until mojang fixes their Entity rendering bugs
- Rewritten rendering of dead butterflies, jars and trophies. This fixes a lot of bugs like those items not rendering as 3d item in fancy graphics or bugged display when placed in item frames
- Old graphics for small white again
- Fixed Missing Shard texture when a Jar breaks
- Fixed weird looking vertical camp on tall grass
- Fixed Cloud Butterfly being way to common
- Fixed a crash when trying to catch an extinct butterfly
- Fixed Butterfly Collection available in Creative Inventory (this feature is not yet finished)
- Fixed Typo "Dessert"
- Ever wondered why your butterflies disappear from your butterfly houses? => Butterflies are now invulnerable to Lightning Strikes
In future Versions
For v1.0 (not coming soon)
- Butterfly Collections (Taxonomies)
- Some craftable butterflies with special abilities. Difficult to craft, but rewarding to do so ;-)
E.g. Luminescent Butterfly Guardian:
- Another Butterfly behavior "Homebase", where a butterfly doesn't leave to far from a certain coordinate or entity. (e.g. Cacti Butterfly around Cacti, Night Butterflies around light sources)
- Maybe Migrating butterflies (Monarch)
- Maybe Caterpillars (Breeding and so on)
- New HD Graphics for butterflies! Old=>New comparison
Compatibility with other mods
Butterfly Mania reserves itself around 1050 item-ids in the range of 2980 - 4030.
If you have Item-ID Conflicts, you can change the item-id base number of butterfly mania like so in the config/BackToTheRoots.cfg:
Apart from that, it should work with any mods. There is no particular support for biome mods. Most Butterflies will only spawn in vanilla biomes.
We invest a lot of our free time on this mod. Keeping our motivation to continue working is not always easy. So if you feel like buying us a coffee or even something fanicer, it'll definitely be a great motivator to continue developing and supporting the butterfly mania mod!
for Minecraft v1.6.4 (requires Minecraft Forge Build 916 or higher)
Butterfly Mania v0.9.3 Universal
It is strongly suggested to make a backup of your world before installing or updating the mod!
1. Download the mod
2. When you haven't installed MinecraftForge yet, download and install it.
3. Move the .zip into the mods folder