• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.4][v0.9.3.1] Butterfly Mania (150 unique Butterflies)

difficult hard butterfly butterflies animals insects

• Please log in to reply
420 replies to this topic

TyronX
    TyronX

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:01 PM

Butterfly Mania
(requires MCForge)

Review of Version 0.9.3

More Videos
Spoiler:

Features
- Over 150 unique Butterflies with very diverse spawning and behavior.
- Collect and Decorate your Home: Build yourself a butterfly house or hang your catches on the wall as trophies.
- Semi-Intelligent Behaviors: Butterflies wander around, feed, camp, sleep, hide from rain, dance around glowstone & jack'o'lanterns in the night, chase one another and flee from players (with different chances)
- Catalog your Catches: Collect data on the Butterflies you caught with the Butterfly Encyclopedia and share it with your friends in Multiplayer
- Research spawning grounds: Examine dead butterflies with a magnifying glass to reveal some information of where still undiscovered butterflies might spawn
- Read & Learn: The Encyclopedia also contains a lot of real life information on each butterfly, just click the right arrow button on one.

Crafting Recipes
Spoiler:

Changes List

v0.9.3.1
- Butterflies should now spawn again when using Biome Mods (BoP, EXBL), however still only in Vanilla Biomes

v0.9.3 - Halloween Event update
- Increased the render distance of butterflies by 50%, this should make it a bit easier to find new butterflies Posted Image
- The Event butterflies now spawn at fixed times of the year. In particular, Aura, the summer butterfly doesn't spawn anymore (now only in June, July and August), but therefore does Nyx and Pasiphae, the halloween event butterflies. But hurry up, at 7th of November they're gone till next year ;-)

Older changes:
Spoiler:

In future Versions

For v1.0 (not coming soon)
- Butterfly Collections (Taxonomies)
- Some craftable butterflies with special abilities. Difficult to craft, but rewarding to do so ;-)
  E.g. Luminescent Butterfly Guardian:
Spoiler:

- Another Butterfly behavior "Homebase", where a butterfly doesn't leave to far from a certain coordinate or entity. (e.g. Cacti Butterfly around Cacti, Night Butterflies around light sources)

Beyond v1.0
- Maybe Migrating butterflies (Monarch)
- Maybe Caterpillars Posted Image (Breeding and so on)
- New HD Graphics for butterflies! Old=>New comparison
Spoiler:

Compatibility with other mods

Butterfly Mania reserves itself around 1050 item-ids in the range of 2980 - 4030.

If you have Item-ID Conflicts, you can change the item-id base number of butterfly mania like so in the config/BackToTheRoots.cfg:

general {
  baseIndex=2980
}

Apart from that, it should work with any mods. There is no particular support for biome mods. Most Butterflies will only spawn in vanilla biomes.

Donate

We invest a lot of our free time on this mod. Keeping our motivation to continue working is not always easy. So if you feel like buying us a coffee or even something fanicer, it'll definitely be a great motivator to continue developing and supporting the butterfly mania mod! Posted Image

Posted Image

Download

for Minecraft v1.6.4 (requires Minecraft Forge Build 916 or higher)

Butterfly Mania v0.9.3.1 Universal

Old versions
Spoiler:

Installation

It is strongly suggested to make a backup of your world before installing or updating the mod!

1. Download the mod
2. When you haven't installed MinecraftForge yet, download and install it.
3. Move the .zip into the mods folder
4. Enjoy

Acknowledgements

Spoiler:

Copyright Notice

Spoiler:

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Gulddom
    Gulddom

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:07 PM

This sounds like an interesting mod.
I may try the boss challenge later
Posted Image click here for stuff!

TyronX
    TyronX

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:42 PM

Bump for v0.2 update.
Posted Image

meow247
    meow247

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:48 PM

what is the texture pack used in the vid?

Mind helping me get points? Just click the pic :3 Onegai-desu!
Posted Image

TyronX
    TyronX

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:51 PM

View Postmeow247, on 05 August 2012 - 10:48 PM, said:

what is the texture pack used in the vid?

A very customized and constantly updated Brown&Bloom for which I'd be lynched if i were to publish it on the forums for stealing so many textures Posted Image
Posted Image

krackalot
  • Minecraft: Krackalot
  • Xbox:Krackalot

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:32 PM

Is there a chance you would release a version without the terrain generation changes?  I love the entity changes you have made, but want to keep the ore count and so on as is.  Either way, awesome mod you've put together!!!!
I vote for
Posted Image

arrowchap47

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:30 PM

how rare is herobrine?

TyronX
    TyronX

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:10 PM

View Postkrackalot, on 07 August 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

Is there a chance you would release a version without the terrain generation changes?  I love the entity changes you have made, but want to keep the ore count and so on as is.  Either way, awesome mod you've put together!!!!

Thanks! Glad to hear some positive response :)
Ok, I've uploaded the next Version with mostly Bugfixes and the possiblity for you to set ore-, mineshaft- and ravine-generation back to how it was in vanilla. Download the bttr.props file and place it into your .minecraft folder. That should do the trick. I hope those were the terrain changes you wanted undone. Also it doesn't work for the server version yet :<
Posted Image

charles0616
  • Minecraft: charles0616
  • Xbox:Flushedbeast12

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:35 PM

View Postarrowchap47, on 08 August 2012 - 04:30 PM, said:

how rare is herobrine?

There is no Herobrine in the whole story so shut the hell up.
Forge is the next step for.... INCOMPATIBILITY!

krackalot
  • Minecraft: Krackalot
  • Xbox:Krackalot

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:58 AM

View PostTyronX, on 08 August 2012 - 11:10 PM, said:

Thanks! Glad to hear some positive response Posted Image
Ok, I've uploaded the next Version with mostly Bugfixes and the possiblity for you to set ore-, mineshaft- and ravine-generation back to how it was in vanilla. Download the bttr.props file and place it into your .minecraft folder. That should do the trick. I hope those were the terrain changes you wanted undone. Also it doesn't work for the server version yet :<
Exactly what I was thinking, I like my ore easy to find. XD  Plus, when(if) this is out for bukkit, I don't wanna fight with others over minimal supplies, even though it's a tiny server.  You rock!!!
I vote for
Posted Image

Familyfudge

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:22 AM

I must fix this, how do i craft the glass jar to capture the butterflies in ?

shilohturtle
  • Minecraft: Shilohturtle

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:57 AM

I like it, except for the crafting changes. They would annoy me too much.

Posted Image

TyronX
    TyronX

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:21 AM

View PostFamilyfudge, on 11 August 2012 - 05:22 AM, said:

I must fix this, how do i craft the glass jar to capture the butterflies in ?

Posted Image

It's also in the mod description now :-)
Posted Image

Familyfudge

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:24 PM

View PostTyronX, on 11 August 2012 - 08:21 AM, said:

Posted Image

It's also in the mod description now :-)

Thank you ^~^

Adamisnothere
  • Minecraft: adamisnothere

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:06 PM

I am experiencing a bug where when I start up a new world all I see is transparent blocks, I can not see anything. I can see mobs through the blocks but I do not know what is wrong. The mods I am using are your mod, optifine and fps++ in that order.

[Edit]: I've tested it a bit using only your mod and optifine using both I get the bug but when I take out optifine it does not do it anymore. I do not know what to do because I have a low end machine and I need optifine to run minecraft.

Familyfudge

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:37 AM

View PostAdamisnothere, on 11 August 2012 - 11:06 PM, said:

I am experiencing a bug where when I start up a new world all I see is transparent blocks, I can not see anything. I can see mobs through the blocks but I do not know what is wrong. The mods I am using are your mod, optifine and fps++ in that order.

Well, it is hard to say because one of those mods might conflict with each other ? I'm not sure if you did this or not but, When you are installing more than one mod... lets say if you are installing the four mods, the first two work fine together, but the third conflicts with one of them...

But  that's all i can help you with.

I hope this sorta helped, i doubt it did but i tried ^~^
Well, it seems that you will need to do 1 of these things

1. wait for the mod creator to try and fix this problem
2. Get rid of this mod ( I know its cool but you may need to sacrifice it )
3. wait for the original butterflies creator to update his mod for 1.3.1 and see if it works ( no promises )

TyronX
    TyronX

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:21 PM

View PostAdamisnothere, on 11 August 2012 - 11:06 PM, said:

[Edit]: I've tested it a bit using only your mod and optifine using both I get the bug but when I take out optifine it does not do it anymore. I do not know what to do because I have a low end machine and I need optifine to run minecraft.

I'll try to get it compatible with OptiFine again.
Posted Image

Adamisnothere
  • Minecraft: adamisnothere

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:56 PM

View PostTyronX, on 12 August 2012 - 10:21 PM, said:

I'll try to get it compatible with OptiFine again.

Ok thanks!

MarkosBoss

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:50 PM

Wow, cool mod. When will the full version of the mod?

NinjaGuy1208
  • Minecraft: troutman96

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:42 PM

View PostTyronX, on 18 July 2012 - 04:01 PM, said:

Minecraft Mod "Back to the Roots!"

NEW: Now with Butterflies \o/

Minecraft has befallen the same affliction that many games have that continously add new content. Over time, the games almost always seem to get inevitably easier to play. Like, as if the developers are afraid of public outcries when they add more difficulty to the game.
Don't get me wrong though, I love the new content Notch and Jeb have added to Minecraft, like Brewing and Enchanting. It adds so many more possibilities of gameplay. But with more powerful tools should always come more powerful enemies and obstacles.
So I made this mod with the intention to combine all the new great content we have with the difficulty and lost beauty of the Alpha and Beta version of Minecraft. This is a mod for nostalgic vanilla users ;-)

TL;DR

This Mod adds more difficulty, such as boss mobs, and changes the terrain generation more similar to earlier versions of Minecraft.

Download:

Version 0.2 beta
Minecraft Singleplayer v1.3.1

Minecraft Multiplayer Server v1.3.1

Version 0.2 alpha
Minecraft Singleplayer v1.3.1

Minecraft Multiplayer Server v1.3.1

Version 0.1
Minecraft Singleplayer v1.2.5

Minecraft Multiplayer Server v1.2.5

Installation:

Singleplayer:

1. Locate your minecraft.jar, then open it with any Archive Progam (e.g. 7-Zip)
2. Drop all the .class files into minecraft.jar
3. Delete Meta-Inf Folder, if it exists

Multiplayer Server (Sorry no Bukkit mod):

1. Locate your minecraft_server.jar, then open it with any Archive Progam (e.g. 7-Zip)
2. Drop all the .class files into minecraft_server.jar
3. Do NOT delete Meta-Inf Folder

Compatiblity with other mods:

Seems to be running fine with OptiFine and/or MCPatcher.

Crafting recipes

Catch butterflies with a Net:
Posted Image

Caught dead Butterflies can be turned into paintings:
Posted Image

Keep a Jar in your inventory to catch butterflies alive:
Posted Image

Full List of Improvements

v0.2 Beta
- Less Lakes in Desserts
- Lakes are twice more random in size (twice as big, twice as small)
- For Single Player: Added Possibilty to change Ore distribution, Ravine and Mineshaft Frequency with external properties file named bttr.props (=Download contains Vanilla-Settings. Place it in your .minecraft folder)

Butterflies:
- Adjusted some Butterfly spawn conditions
- Finished despawn conditions
- Fixed wrong butterfly spawning conditions on Singleplayer
- Fixed released Butterflies from a Jar shouldn't despawn
- Fixed butterfly spawning now only depending on Skylight levels

- Fixed Butterfly Jar disappearing when releasing a butterfly
- Fixed Net not Swinging when catching a butterfly

v0.2 Alpha
- Butterflies! (Originally Based on the Butterfly mod by Gnatpat) Very unfinished!
- Minimum Level to enchant items is 4, therefore slightly higher chance to get level 50 in the enchantment table
- Spiders have a 1/30 chance to Spawn as Boss Spiders (= double size, double health, triple damage, double speed, quadrupel exp)
Spoiler:

- Initial World Spawnpoints changed so you have to walk at least some blocks away to find wood
- Cats and Dogs don't teleport to you, at all. (Thus fixing the extremly annoying bug where all your pets randomly teleport to you, even though they were supposed to sit)
- Old XP/Enchant System from 1.2.5
- Melon/Pumpkin Stems don't drop seeds.

v0.1
Difficulty changes:
- Zombies and Skeletons have a 10% chance to spawn with either 1-4 Leather armor or 1-4 Iron armor. These mobs also give slightly more XP (+1 XP per Leather armor item, +2 XP per Iron armor item)
- Zombie Pigman have a 10% chance to spawn with 1-4 Gold armor.
Spoiler:

- Boss Mobs: Zombies and Skeletons have a 1% chance to spawn with full diamond armor. Differences from normal mobs:
  - Harder to kill, due to the armor
  - Does way more damage on you
  - Drops more of their respective items
  - Drops 8 times more xp
  - Always gives you a rare drop
  Hint: Don't encounter this type of mob without proper armor and weapons

- Realistic Sheep sheering: Sheep now have a "genetic color" with which they were born with. You can still color sheep with dye, but they will only regrow their genetic color. If you breed sheep, their baby animals will too be only colored by one of the parents genetic color. Very very rarely, a genetic mutation will occur and breeding will result in a random color sheep.
- Sheeps are half as likely to be born colored (from 18% chance down to 9%)

- Less Ores: ~60% less coal (less common, not below layer 12, smaller deposits), iron ore is ~20% less common, redstone is ~30% less common

- More Expensive crafting:
- Made recipe sizes for creating cloth blocks and glowstone blocks bigger again (3x3 instead of 2x2).
- Reduced Melon Slice drop rate (from 3-7 down to 2-4)
- Crafting Halfsteps from Brick, Plank, Stonebrick, Sandstone, Stone and Cobblestone will yield only 3 instead of 6 blocks.
- Crafting Stonebrick and Chiseled Sandstone will yield only 1 instead of 4 blocks
- Using Bone Meal on Grass grows much less flowers

Terrain generation changes:
- Half as much Ravines
- Less than half as much Mineshafts
- Plains biome generates somtimes big trees
Spoiler:

- Extreme Hills are with trees again (as it used to be!!)
Spoiler:

- Very rarely big trees are generated in dessert biomes
- Creative mode spawner eggs also spawn rare mobs (e.g. mobs with armor, sheep with different color wool, etc.)

Other:
- Vines can be placed on glass panes
- Cats sit on chests/beds much shorter
- Readded Herobrine

Some Planned Changes

- Lots of Descriptions on the Butterfly mod
- Butterfly Encyclopedia
- Lakes in Dessert = an Oasis with Grass and Trees around
- Sometimes generate Trees in groups in Plains-, ExtremeHills- and Tundra- Biomes
- Sheep regrow Wool somewhat slower
- Make Wheat Seeds less common
- A way to obtain cobwebs (probably with Silk Touch)
- Include Game difficutly levels in the generation of rare mobs.

- Harder enemies in Strongholds (?)
- Correctly rendered snow on fences and stairs (?)

Challenges for you!

- Collect all the naturally colored sheep, including pink and upload a video of each sheep regrowing their natural color
- Find and Kill a Boss mob with no better than iron armor and without a bow. Upload a video of the fight!

Acknowledgements

This mod currently contains a modified version of Risugamis Modloader, since Mob Spawning currently is not supported by it. A stripped down, modified version of the Modloader is also contained in the server mod. Furthermore the awesome texture handling code from the Minecraft Forge Mod is also included. And lastly, this whole mod wouldn't be possible without the great efforts from the team of the Minecraft Coder Pack. Hence, I stand on the shoulder of giants, and can take only little credit for making this mod.

All of the Butterfly textures and butterfly related data (such as Spawn locations and etc.) were made by my lovely wife Saraty.

Do you (still) got what it takes to survive?
You readded Herobrine. Do you have any idea what you have done to the world? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA?
Just kidding. Nice mod.