• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

SkymanLiberty
  • Minecraft: Skyman317
  • Xbox:iTheftAuto
  • PSN:iTheftAuto

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:33 PM

Hello players,

I set up a Minecraft Server using the "exe." file from Minecraft.com/downloads and my friend can't get on, he said his connection timed out, when i tried it on another computer i saw that it was doing the same for me too.
We DID port forward the server but i just figured out that the server can only be seen and only played on by the computer it's running on. Therefore only i can play it right now. :/

I am using the "exe." file because it's running on "Parallels Desktop", Witch is Windows 7 for Mac. I have tried "Portmap" for the Mac but it will not use "25565" so it does not port forward the already running server. :/

Does anyone have a fix for this? i.e. How to get port map to use 25565, port forwarding for windows, Etc.

Computer Specs:

2011 Apple iMac w/ intel i5 Processor

Thanks in advance! :D

Skyman
You gotta love the game
We steal cars every day.

Register or log in to remove.

dekema2
    dekema2

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:55 PM

View PostSkyman317, on 18 July 2012 - 02:33 PM, said:

Hello players,

I set up a Minecraft Server using the "exe." file from Minecraft.com/downloads and my friend can't get on, he said his connection timed out, when i tried it on another computer i saw that it was doing the same for me too.
We DID port forward the server but i just figured out that the server can only be seen and only played on by the computer it's running on. Therefore only i can play it right now. :/

I am using the "exe." file because it's running on "Parallels Desktop", Witch is Windows 7 for Mac. I have tried "Portmap" for the Mac but it will not use "25565" so it does not port forward the already running server. :/

Does anyone have a fix for this? i.e. How to get port map to use 25565, port forwarding for windows, Etc.

Computer Specs:

2011 Apple iMac w/ intel i5 Processor

Thanks in advance! Posted Image

Skyman

I have a Mac Mini, and I also am founder of a large classic server software... http://www.dekemaserv.com . We are in developmental phase, but my suggestion is NOT to use minecraft.net's server.

As far as port mapping, do a Google search. You must configure your router by going to your IP adress in your browser. There, you can open ports for your server.

Oh, and .exe doesn't work on Mac anyway.
"If you have problems, just say something, because the only dumb question is the one that was already asked. Oh yeah and do or do not there is no try." -Yoda

SkymanLiberty
  • Minecraft: Skyman317
  • Xbox:iTheftAuto
  • PSN:iTheftAuto

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:45 PM

View Postdekema2, on 18 July 2012 - 02:55 PM, said:

I have a Mac Mini, and I also am founder of a large classic server software... http://www.dekemaserv.com . We are in developmental phase, but my suggestion is NOT to use minecraft.net's server.

As far as port mapping, do a Google search. You must configure your router by going to your IP adress in your browser. There, you can open ports for your server.

Oh, and .exe doesn't work on Mac anyway.
I said i am using Parallels Desktop witch is Windows 7 for Mac, The Minecraft.net server works fine, the only problem is that i can't port forward it correctly, i have made another server but it crashed for some reason months ago.
You gotta love the game
We steal cars every day.

dekema2
    dekema2

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:44 PM

View PostSkyman317, on 18 July 2012 - 04:45 PM, said:

I said i am using Parallels Desktop witch is Windows 7 for Mac, The Minecraft.net server works fine, the only problem is that i can't port forward it correctly, i have made another server but it crashed for some reason months ago.

O I didnt see you have Paralles, You still need to configure your router by port forwarding
"If you have problems, just say something, because the only dumb question is the one that was already asked. Oh yeah and do or do not there is no try." -Yoda

derpymuffin24

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:55 PM

I have this problem too... I port forwarded, and it worked for two weeks, then our internet went out, and then after we called the guy to fix it, the server wouldn't work anymore, not on the computers in my house, and not outside. I went to canyouseeme.org, and it said it couldn't see me on the minecraft port. Is this your problem? Because I have no answer.
CHECK OUT MY CHANNEL: youtube.com/chaosmuffinminecraft

technogeek48
  • Minecraft: technogeek48

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:11 PM

Why are you using parallels.
You will have to configure the adapter settings in parallels in a way that lets WIN7 connect to your router.
I don't have any experience with parallels, but have some with virtual box.

Instead, scrap parallels and use the jar version of the server instead and run it directly in OSX.
Link: https://s3.amazonaws...raft_server.jar

Pudgiepjmara

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:21 AM

View Postderpymuffin24, on 31 July 2012 - 01:55 PM, said:

I have this problem too... I port forwarded, and it worked for two weeks, then our internet went out, and then after we called the guy to fix it, the server wouldn't work anymore, not on the computers in my house, and not outside. I went to canyouseeme.org, and it said it couldn't see me on the minecraft port. Is this your problem? Because I have no answer.
I have server trouble as well, but my main GUESS for you is that the ip got changed, changing you're port forward. Also, it could be you're router was just reset, and that you're forward just got erased.