• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.4] Mekanism v6 - Universal Cable, Balloons, 5x Ore Duplication, Jetpacks

• Please log in to reply
765 replies to this topic

XxCakepiexX

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:07 PM

I am encountering a problem when installing this mod that I am completely stumped on.
Every time I install the mod, it works perfectly and even shows up in the "Mods" button when I am on the minecraft main menu. However, whenever I try to open the Mekanism tab in creative or view any of the things added by Mekanism, it crashes my game and shows this:

Spoiler:

I have tried everything that I can think of. This is what I have tried so far:
1.) I have tried resetting my Minecraft and then install only this and forge, didn't work. So I know it isn't another mod conflicting my game.
2.) I have downloaded the mod from Google Chrome and even Windows Internet Explorer.
3.) I read the crash report thoroughly and I am 100% percent certain that it is not an ID conflict.
4.) I have retried updating Forge and that didn't work.

From what I have read, it has something to do with a rendering problem. I do not know how to fix this, so if you have any ideas on how to fix this crash, please share.
This looks like a really boss mod, but I can't seem to get it and I would like to know why. I am really desperate to get this, so if anyone has an idea, please share it before Minecraft goes to 1.5.3. Thanks.

Register or log in to remove.

AllenWL
    AllenWL

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:50 AM

what are the crafting recipes? can't find them anywere
If Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter were all destroyed, 99% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 1% that would be laughing at them, copy this into your signature and hope it happens.
If you want to be nice to me, click this link and tell me what you think!----> http://www.minecraft.../#entry24068040

Posted Image

XxCakepiexX

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:22 PM

View PostAllenWL, on 07 June 2013 - 06:50 AM, said:

what are the crafting recipes? can't find them anywere
If you have NEI (Not Enough Items), you can view just about all crafting recipes by pressing R on the item. Also there is a wiki for this mod, click here for the wiki: http://voltzwiki.com/wiki/Mekanism

bfree380

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:12 AM

I'm having a slight problem with this mod and IC2.  Everything works great up to the point where I want to make a bronze Paxel.  I craft the shovel, pickaxe, and axe with no problem, but when I use them to make a paxel, nothing shows up in the "output" of the crafting table.  I've narrowed it down to minecraft crafting the IC2 bronze tools (using those item ids) rather than mekanisms' tools (with their ids).  So it has no way to know that it will make a paxel.  Is there any way to adjust that?  I've tried to edit those tool lines out of IC2s config file, but it puts it right back.  Any know of a solution (besides getting rid of one or the other)?

Thanks, and keep up the great job!

EDIT:  Okay, so I added Samrg472's RecipeRemover, put IC2s bronze tool ids in to be blocked, and now when I make the bronze tools, they are from this mod, and I can craft the paxel.  Still would be good to know if there is a way to do it without having to add another mod (up to 79 right now).

Edited by bfree380, 09 June 2013 - 02:01 AM.

aSoldneRa

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

I´m using Build #76, and it seems to run correctly in creative, as I can open the mod´s tab and place blocks as it should be. But when I search for the crafting recipes in NEI, no one is there. I tried to craft Obsidian tools with the traditional recipes, and nothing happened. I also tried other builds, but no one seems to work properly.
Does anyone know of a stable build that works smoothly on MC 1.5.2, or should I wait for a "green" build to be released?

comissar_skelus
  • Minecraft: skelolego

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:52 PM

I really hated the odd BLOCKID UI, in the top right during a previous build. Quite distracting, but the most recent one has it removed, thank you.
Also, amazing modification, wonderful work you have done.
Dust 514: Comissar skelus
Glory to the emprah.

ozntyr
    ozntyr

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:05 AM

hi, can you please help me.I have some solar panels combined together in a room and they are running bunch of different systems. Sometime i want to stop some systems while others are still running. I tried to add some levers alongside of the wires or other things but it doesn't work. I don't want to break any connection between anything. Is there any way for me to do that without breaking anything?

ChrisXIII
  • Minecraft: ChrisClark13

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:20 AM

How the heck is the Mechanical Pump supposed to work? I can't figure out anything with it.

Also the Voltz wiki is sorely outdated and there's hardly any "how to use this mod so you don't end up getting frustrated" anywhere.

Edit: Never mind, figured it out myself.

The pumps are only good for sucking up liquids from the world, in order to move liquids around you need to put a Mechanical Pipe in suck mode (it will turn red)

jax__099
  • Minecraft: jax__099

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:03 PM

just a quick suggestion mekanism machines dont appear to be working with metallurgy ores i just switched over my ftb server to metallurgy ores than installed mekanism to find that they do not work in the mekanism machines... switching back now Posted Image

edit post number 69 lol!
[url="http://internetometer.com/give/39761"][img]http://internetomete...1.png[/img[/url]

kennysmith1234
  • Minecraft: kennysmith1234

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:09 PM

Dear aidancbrady: is this your first mod, and are you willing to mentor someone in modding? I am rather leery of those easy-peezy make-your-own mod with this program! type of things, and I am hoping to create a DnD-based mod for Minecraft., with stats, weapons, magic, and much more.

Posted Image

D3matt
    D3matt

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:35 AM

Maybe I'm just being really stupid, but the latest version of this mod seems to be impossible. You need copper/tin dust for enriched alloy, which is required for pretty much every machine. But you can't make those dusts without the very same machines that require it to make. I must be missing something. All the documentation I can find online is all based on the 1.4.7 and old version of Voltz. Nothing for Ampz or anything else that's currently 1.5.2. Help?

Deor
    Deor

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:05 AM

So i made a Robit and hes very cool and useful! How do i pick him up again tho?

Magewolf

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:39 PM

View PostD3matt, on 14 June 2013 - 04:35 AM, said:

Maybe I'm just being really stupid, but the latest version of this mod seems to be impossible. You need copper/tin dust for enriched alloy, which is required for pretty much every machine. But you can't make those dusts without the very same machines that require it to make. I must be missing something. All the documentation I can find online is all based on the 1.4.7 and old version of Voltz. Nothing for Ampz or anything else that's currently 1.5.2. Help?

You can use 2 redstone and an iron bar to make it.

View PostDeor, on 14 June 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

So i made a Robit and hes very cool and useful! How do i pick him up again tho?

What does a Robit do?

Deor
    Deor

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:47 PM

He will follow you around and collect drops, has a crafting bench, furnace and anvil built in, plus same storage as a single wood chest.

Still cant work out how to pick him up again tho!

Deor
    Deor

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:17 PM

Just worked it out. You need a chargepad to use them so when you break the pad, the robit pops too so you can pick it up.

Aridhol
    Aridhol

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Minecraft: joshcantrell08

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:48 PM

So I'm using 5.5.6 build 82, and there's an error involving craft grids and items with damage metadata, like energy cubes. I can't craft any of them because the energy tabs require them and they also crash the game when it tries to figure out the metadata... This effects NEI as well. Thought you should know :)

Spoiler:

jjjworley
  • Minecraft: jjjworley

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:53 PM

I was using 5.5.6.64 and suddenly all of my energy cubes quit working. I updated to .82, but didn't help the situation. The last time they did work, I set one up in the nether powered by a mfsu. After coming back from Nether, they didn't work.

XxCakepiexX

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:37 PM

I have recently updated to the newest Forge version and now I get this crash report whenever I install the mod:
Spoiler:

This is different than last time and I have no idea of what it is talking about. This time around, as soon as I get on a map, it crashes me! If anyone has an idea, please share!!!

Nightmoore

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:29 AM

Ok, just out of curiosity, which mod is adding the "steel dust" recipe? It looks kinda like it was Mekanism (I'm NOT running Universal Electricity - just using Buildcraft Power), but that "iron with 4 pieces of coal" has GOT to go. That's way too easy to make steel with. I'm also using Atomic Science, MFFS and ICMB - but none of them require UE either. Just using BC/Thermal Expansion (and Mekansim) for my power. Even Mekanism has it's own unique way of making steel - but that rogue recipe is being added by something and I can't figure it out.

XxCakepiexX

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:20 PM

View PostNightmoore, on 22 June 2013 - 04:29 AM, said:

Ok, just out of curiosity, which mod is adding the "steel dust" recipe? It looks kinda like it was Mekanism (I'm NOT running Universal Electricity - just using Buildcraft Power), but that "iron with 4 pieces of coal" has GOT to go. That's way too easy to make steel with. I'm also using Atomic Science, MFFS and ICMB - but none of them require UE either. Just using BC/Thermal Expansion (and Mekansim) for my power. Even Mekanism has it's own unique way of making steel - but that rogue recipe is being added by something and I can't figure it out.

You do realize that you don't have to use that recipe if you don't like it.

However, I got that recipe when I first installed ICBM so that might be what it is. Just look in the configs of the mods ICBM and the other Voltz mods that you have, and you might be able to turn off it's recipe.