aidancbrady
  • Minecraft: bradyaidanc

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:07 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

Mekanism v6

Over two million downloads!

Introduction
Mekanism is an independent tech mod that brings low, mid, and high tier machinery to Minecraft. The mod doesn't have an actual goal, and you'll understand this when you see all the random content Mekanism contains, from jetpacks to balloons.  However, I can assure you that you'll notice all the content blend together as you get to know the mod better!

Mekanism uses a tier-based system when organizing several of its core features, including Energy Cubes and Factories. There are four tiers: basic, the simplest tier, advanced, the second-most basic tier, elite, the second-most complex tier, and ultimate, the most complex tier. You can upgrade tiers by placing the component in a crafting grid and surrounding it with the necessary resources for the next upgrade (I recommend NotEnoughItems!).

By the time you've been using Mekanism for a while, you'll have a near-instructible suit of Obsidian Armor, be obtaining four ingots for each ore you mine, have the ability to fly wherever you want with the hydrogen-powered jetpacks, and have a cute robotic friend following you around while you mine. Posted Image

Features

Spoiler:

Wiki

It's in no way complete, but Mekanism has it's own wiki now on wikispaces. Please contribute if you know anything at all about the mod!

Official Mekanism Wiki

Source Code & Modpacks

Mekanism is under the MIT license, giving you, as a user or developer, near-absolute rights to my mod. This means you can go through my source code and learn from it yourself, even take some of its code and use it in your own public works. This means that I encourage modpack owners to use Mekanism in their packwithout asking me. It's annoying to approve every single owner's modpack request, and I honestly may just say no if you send me a PM asking. If you need proof, just link this page.

View Source on GitHub

Please submit pull requests if you have any ideas for my mod. This is the easiest way for me to add new features. 99% of the time I will put your code into my mod!

Download

Mekanism now has its own website, hosted by GoDaddy and based in WordPress. Kudos to Tyrantelf (IonGaming) for hosting my build server at a great price.

Download from Official Site

Other Things

I have a blog! Posted Image
Please check it out if you're interested in knowing what I'm up to, I try to update it as often as I can!

If you want to get in contact with me, IRC is the best way!  Mekanism's channel is pretty obvious: #mekanism, irc.esper.net.

You can also stalk me on twitter if that's what you're into.

Also, due to popular demand, I have included a donate button below. I pay about $20/month for website and server hosting, as well as an additional yearly fee to keep my domain name. All donations are greatly appreciated, and if you include a message with your username on any donation over $5, you'll get your very own MekaCapeā„¢ Posted Image

Donate!

Thanks for reading!
There are no extra pieces in the universe. Everyone is here because he or she has a place to fill, and every piece must fit itself into the big jigsaw puzzle.
-Deepak Chopra

Register or log in to remove.

AlphaCheeseGuy16
  • Minecraft: AlphaCheeseGuy16

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

First? Very interesting mod, I'll download it! It seems like it will work well in collaberation with gemcraft because all of those are below diamond tier and i'm guessing obsidian is above diamond tier Posted Image thanks for making this (:  Posted Image

Edit: are the tools enchantable?

The optimistic pessimist.

aidancbrady

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:48 PM

View PostAlphaCheeseGuy16, on 18 July 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

First? Very interesting mod, I'll download it! It seems like it will work well in collaberation with gemcraft because all of those are below diamond tier and i'm guessing obsidian is above diamond tier Posted Image thanks for making this (:  Posted Image

Edit: are the tools enchantable?
As of version 3.1.5, yes, they are.  Thanks, by the way!  Please tell me if you have any ideas.
-aidan
There are no extra pieces in the universe. Everyone is here because he or she has a place to fill, and every piece must fit itself into the big jigsaw puzzle.
-Deepak Chopra

Andermil
  • Minecraft: Andermil
  • Xbox:Andermil

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:26 AM

Awesome mod!
Quote me if you want to make sure I see your response.

aidancbrady

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:13 PM

Update!

*Added an update check system -- you are now notified when you are using an outdated version.
*Obsidian Ingots is now registered to receive ticks, which opens possibilities for the future.
*Bugfixes
-Deepak Chopra

awesomeness04

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

Cool.

*42,000 DLs*
*Posted 2 days ago*

Seems legit...

aidancbrady

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:11 PM

View Postawesomeness04, on 20 July 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

Cool.

*42,000 DLs*
*Posted 2 days ago*

Seems legit...

Was posted before on MinecraftForum, deleted.
Also pretty popular on PlanetMinecraft: http://www.planetmin...sidian-ingots-/

I'm just reading off the download charts :P
-Deepak Chopra

Konitor
    Konitor

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 694 posts
  • Minecraft: Konitor

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:16 AM

It is great. Runs on my intranet SMP-Server. Just fine. :)

bloop428
    bloop428

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

There is one bug with the bow...

you need a normal arrow in your inventory to shoot it :(
please fix this and add a bow animation

Thanks,
Bloop428

aidancbrady

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:07 PM

View Postbloop428, on 25 July 2012 - 05:12 PM, said:

There is one bug with the bow...

you need a normal arrow in your inventory to shoot it Posted Image
please fix this and add a bow animation

Thanks,
Bloop428

Fixed for next update ;)
-Deepak Chopra

aidancbrady

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:45 PM

Updated to 1.3.2.  View logs on GitHub.
-Deepak Chopra

Akahashi

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:51 PM

MORE POSTS FOR THIS AWESOME MOD BECOME POPULAR !
No seriously it's the first time i see a obsidian mod with so many features !
Take thoses :Notch: :Notch:

RandomMoped
  • Minecraft: Yourdoingitwrong
  • Xbox:A Random Moped

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:11 PM

At first I thought this was just gonna be another one of those stupid obsidian tools mod. But this is pretty awesome! I like how it adds a challenge to make the obsidian tools instead of just smelting them or something like that. I also enjoyed having the glowstone tools and redstone tools, a knife for every material, and a paxel for every material. One request- you probably get this a lot, but can you make it so that you glow while you have glowstone armor on? (Similar to the dynamic lighting mod).

alphaquberg

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:21 PM

looks interesting you should add a conveyor belt and a mesh thing for mob traps where mobs can walk over it but only items fall thru

aidancbrady

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:07 PM

Update v4.0.5:

*Drastically cleaned up code.
*Added more javadocs.
*Added simple tile entity networking system.
*Fixed machine remaining in active position even when it's off.
*Fixed platinum ore not spawning.
*Increased platinum ore generation from 8 blocks per vein to 16.
*Increased platinum ore generation from one vein per chunk to 3.
*Created simple machine API to allow for easier additions.
*Recoded packet system to work efficiently.
*Added INetworkedMachine interface for better machine networking.
*Added and fixed IC2 hooks, Iron Dust and Gold Dust are now synchronized between OI and IC2.
-Deepak Chopra

LeafOfLive

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:33 PM

can you please help me with installing the mod?
EDIT: nm i got it after a while

OmgItsAsaf

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:55 PM

how to make a redstone ingot?

LeafOfLive

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

View PostOmgItsAsaf, on 07 September 2012 - 02:55 PM, said:

how to make a redstone ingot?
you need to place it inside platinum compressor
(redstone at the top and platinum ingot in the buttum)

HubErland

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:56 AM

Does the mod add platinum ore to existing worlds? I've been working on a castle and would rather not install if I wont be able to use in that world :/

LeafOfLive

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:20 PM

i need help, i cant find MCPC for 1.3 :\