• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[BATTLE] Mob Battle Arena Deluxe! All problems fixed!

battle arena mob battle hard extreme pro

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

98devin
    98devin

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • Location: Staring endlessly into a mass of thobbing pixels which I call my monitor.
  • Minecraft: 98devin

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:58 PM

NOTICE: if you had previously downloaded the map and were disappointed to find it did not work, no fear. I have repaired and fully tested the maps for 100% satisfaction guaranteed. So go on, download it now and give it another whirl. I daresay you'll enjoy it more. Posted Image

Hello all, and welcome to MOB BATTLE ARENA DELUXE, quite possibly one of the most challenging mob battle maps in existence.The map consists of a large, walled-in, glowstone-ridden arena, from the sides of which mobs fall through small holes. You will have a minute or so to prepare before the battle starts. The challenge is to stay alive as long as you can, while zombies, creepers, and skeletons pour into the room, along with the occasional zombie pigman. Once you die, your score is the level of xp you have recieved before death.

RULES:
-Don't break blocks or use the blocks from creeper explosions to escape
-Don't use mods for flying or cheating in items, health or mobs
-Post your score and comments on the forum thread when you're done
-Have a good time playing, this is my first custom map! There are three levels of challenge: Hard, Extreme, and PRO. Choose whatever difficulty you dare, but it is suggested to choose easy, normal, or hard for hard, extreme and pro, respectively.

Here is a video graciously provided by jasont20015 (skip to about 9:00 for the action):

Here are some screenshots of the arena and the spawning contraptions:(I apologize if they are dark, the mobs have to spawn in there)Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

These screenshots are taken using CellCraft (my texture pack)It is recommended to have a computer that can handle large amounts of mobs and ram usage in order to play. Feel free to use my quadruple-mob-tower design in your own custom maps, but please give credit. This map was made using the Single Player Commands, TooManyItems, and WorldEdit mods. I would be honored if anyone made a let's play or review of this map.

--Downloads--
Hard: http://www.mediafire...k0pby6q1kiw76ds
Extreme: http://www.mediafire...s8m8s5m41i4ius5
PRO: http://www.mediafire...0w7dow5jdg9hc4p

I will accept constructive criticism about problems this map has, and possibly fix/update the maps (if the problem is worth the trouble). Thank you!
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

98devin
    98devin

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • Location: Staring endlessly into a mass of thobbing pixels which I call my monitor.

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:24 PM

If you enjoy the map, please leave a comment!
Posted Image

98devin
    98devin

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:51 PM

*BUMP*
Posted Image

98devin
    98devin

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:41 PM

Also worth noting, I am seeking people to do a Let's Play video of this, to post here. If you wish to do a video, just PM me about it. Thanks. (also, why no comments?)
Posted Image

maddog264

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:08 AM

Could we get some rules and tell us what difficulty please?

98devin
    98devin

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:21 AM

View Postmaddog264, on 17 July 2012 - 12:08 AM, said:

Could we get some rules and tell us what difficulty please?

Okay. I will put rules in OP, but you should play on the same difficulty as the map you downloaded. :)
Posted Image

98devin
    98devin

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:14 PM

bump
Posted Image

98devin
    98devin

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:12 PM

sorry, but... bump.png
Posted Image

98devin
    98devin

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:02 PM

Wow, 89 downloads so far. That might not sound like much, but it means that around 45% of viewers were also downloaders! However, I have gotten very little feedback on this, and I encourage people to comment! Please!
Posted Image

98devin
    98devin

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:17 PM

EDIT: fixed the download links, I repaired a problem in the map but forgot to upload it... derp.
Posted Image

TheMapReview
  • Minecraft: ToiletRollMan

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:21 PM

Review done

Posted Image

98devin
    98devin

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:39 AM

bump for fixed bugs!
Posted Image

98devin
    98devin

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:38 PM

NOTICE: if you had previously downloaded the map and were disappointed to find it did not work, no fear. I have repaired and fully tested the maps for 100% satisfaction guaranteed. So go on, download it now and give it another whirl. I daresay you'll enjoy it more. :)
Posted Image

TheMapReview
  • Minecraft: ToiletRollMan

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:22 PM

Map Name: Mob Battle Arena Deluxe!

Creator: 98devin

Link: http://www.minecraft...s-of-challenge/

Type: survival minigame/adventure

This map comes in three different difficulties; Hard, Extreme and PRO. Each consisted of the exact same map, just with different armor. The map design, although original, was not up to a huge ammount. At first, the arena was swamped with ZombiePigmen. This was not a great start personally, and over 40 of the mob swamped the arena. Of course, I was unable to kill any of them, as then all 40+ would instantly kill me. So I was forced to battle around this army of Pigmen until I accidentally killed one of them, upon which I was ravaged and murddered instantly. I respawned, back in the armor I had been in with the weapon I had. This touch, although unknown to me how it was achieved, proved amazing for the map. It allowed the player to just respawn in the map and replay it immediately! Due to this nice touch by the map's creator, I was hooked on trying to beat my original score of 508, which proved impossible for me.
Overall, the map lacked a lot of necessities, needed for becoming a great Mob Arena map. The spawn room was annoyingly created, so that mobs could just hang on the walls, out of the players harm, yet skeletons could fire at the player without getting hurt. The map had too many zombie pigmen, which blocked up the arena at the beginning. The mobs came in slow, drably numbers at first and were easily held off, which prolonged the wave effect of the game which it so badly craved.

Yet, there were some plus sides to this rookie map. The creeper room was a stroke of genius! It allowed the player to receive fresh armor at a point far into the game. This was played well and also allowed a hide-out base, which also acted well for the player.

For this map to be great, it needs more great ideas. It lacked any food supplies, which meant that the player was unable to heal in any way. This may have been done purposely, but it would be better for the map if there was food supplies in the creeper bonus room. The arena walls need to be pushed out in some way, although this may ruin the design planned by the creator in the map's creation.

In summary, the map provides a small amount of enjoyment. It is made reasonable amateurishly, but not in such a drastic way that is it unplayable. It will provide the player with something to play with for a short time, but evidently will become boring after a while.

Rating: 10/20

With editing of which mobs are used, the walls layout and the use of waves of monsters using pistons and maybe buttons for the player to allow the next wave of monster to progress, which means the longer spent on killing the first wave, the bigger the second wave will be. Upon these improvements, the map has the potential to stick around a while!

TheMapReview
The Box of Review's

Posted Image

98devin
    98devin

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:02 PM

View PostTheMapReview, on 18 July 2012 - 02:22 PM, said:

Map Name: Mob Battle Arena Deluxe!

Creator: 98devin

Link: http://www.minecraft...s-of-challenge/

Type: survival minigame/adventure

*review*

Thanks for the updated review. I agree with the problems (namely, zombie pigmen) and I will fix them as soon as possible! I am not sure what to do however about the edges where skeletons can stand, because if there were no edges, the mobs would take considerable damage while entering the arena. I have taken your ideas into account however, and expect an update later today or tomorow. :)
Posted Image

jasont20015

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:39 PM

here is a vid of the map

98devin
    98devin

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:26 PM

Bump for new video commentary in OP!
Posted Image