• Members
  • 509 posts
  • Minecraft: war904

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:32 PM

-Journal-
Spoiler:

Text journal for those who could not read the picture:
Spoiler:

Will you continue the adventure and the journal? Behold, the pyramid of Minecraft! Inside are treasures beyond your wildest dreams, and traps and challenges that will put your skills to the test! Are you up for the challenge, or will you end up... DEAD!

Images
Spoiler:

The game is simple. You are an archaeologist who is exploring the desert to the Great Pyramid of Minecraft. But was it worth it? Go in and come out lined with gold, or die, and your stuff will be trapped in the pyramid... forever!

Rules:
None! (except don't leave the desert or hack in items. Denying these will upset the gods and you will be cursed!)

Estimated completion time: 1-3 hours

Notable things to know:
-You are allowed to break any block, place anything, craft anything, ect...
-This map is difficult for some and easy for others
-This is one of the scariest custom map in Minecraft! You will be jumping out of your chair
-Recommended for people with brains and that know how to use them
-Recommended that you know quite a bit about Minecraft physics
-The ancient minecraftians are excellent trap makers. Even the most trusted things may be trapped!
-The texture pack is 100% optional. It does not effect gameplay, it is only for a more adventurous and realistic feel

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Downloads
(Updated 9/18/11)

Download MCPyramid.zip (Minecraft Beta 1.8)

Download MCPyramid.rar (Minecraft Beta 1.8)

Help Guide
Due to the difficulty for some people on this map, here is "Beginner's Guide to Desert Tomb Raiding".
Spoiler:

Notable playthroughs
Spoiler:

----The score system----

The more lapis dye(blue dye) you find, the higher your score! Some are hidden well, so keep your eyes open!
Post your scores!
Note: If anybody wants to follow the old system, it is in a post on page 13

Challenges / Achievements
-  :Green:  = easy
-  :Orange: = normal
- :Red: = difficult
-  :obsidian: = Impossible
------------------------------
Expert farmer:  :Green:  Grow 32 sugar cane
Boom goes the dynamite!:  :Green:  Create tnt!
Follower of the gods: :Green: Build a shrine of pure gold block to the pharaoh Notch in your house
Pyramid explorer:  :Green:  Find the tomb room
Pharaoh's best soldier:  :Orange:  Get to the tomb room without dying
Night? No, thanks!:   :Orange: Make a bed, and sleep through a night without being woken up
About 20% cooler:   :Green:  Make a house out of gold and diamond blocks
Obey my command!:   :Orange:  Obey the rules of no leaving the desert or hacking in items
My fortress:   :Orange:  Make a lava river surrounding your house
Desert watcher:   :Green:  Climb to the very top of the pyramid
Green thumb:  :Green:  Grow 64 cacti
Pyramid builder:   :obsidian:  Replace all sand covering the exterior of the pyramid with sandstone
Ride like an Egyptian:   :Orange:  Make a roller coaster that at least goes down one side of the pyramid
Scared?:  :Red: Don't use f3 to check where mobs are
False desert?:   :Orange:   Experience rain... in the "desert"?
Like I was never even there!: :Red: Make it through the pyramid without triggering any traps (May need a second play-through to be possible).
Riding unlike royalty: :Orange: Ride a pig!
Extra! Extra! Read all about it!:  :Red: Complete the game and tell the tales of your adventure in this thread!
Hey look buddy, I'm a builder. That means I build custom maps. Not maps like "Escapecraft 3", because that would fall within the purview of your idea of most puzzle maps. I build adventure maps. For instance, how am I going to allow some big old forum user to enjoy adventure to the fullest? The answer? Use a pyramid. And if that don't work, use more pyramid. Like this big, old, dusty pyramid designed by me. Built by me. And you'd  best hope... being played by you.

Register or log in to remove.

Man of Smart

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:34 PM

Cool. I would try, but I have no "saves" in my Minecraft folder.
Posted Image
Sig'd: Once

Whirlpoolwas

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:37 PM

Man of Smart said:

This is for Survival Mode.

YourSaver

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:39 PM

Ill test it out and come back and leave some feed back!

nickkourpias1998

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:45 PM

Just downloaded it! I'll play it and post updates!
Posted Image

jaiden123123

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:51 PM

Man of Smart said:

are you using a cracked player?!?!?

OT: im downloading now, looks coll, and btw can we post our own diaries on here aswell?
join the cow protecters, and take the pledge, for the benefit of cows: Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Gordan_Creeper

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:52 PM

Should of been made with sandstone.

War904
    War904

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:54 PM

jaiden123123 said:

Man of Smart said:

are you using a cracked player?!?!?

OT: im downloading now, looks coll, and btw can we post our own diaries on here aswell?
Yes!
Hey look buddy, I'm a builder. That means I build custom maps. Not maps like "Escapecraft 3", because that would fall within the purview of your idea of most puzzle maps. I build adventure maps. For instance, how am I going to allow some big old forum user to enjoy adventure to the fullest? The answer? Use a pyramid. And if that don't work, use more pyramid. Like this big, old, dusty pyramid designed by me. Built by me. And you'd  best hope... being played by you.

War904
    War904

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:55 PM

Gordan_Creeper said:

The outer pyramid itself was made before sandstone, and I didn't want to redo it all

Winterz
    Winterz

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • Minecraft: NickBrahz

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:07 PM

War904 said:

Gordan_Creeper said:

The outer pyramid itself was made before sandstone, and I didn't want to redo it all

Just use Mcedit to replace the sand with Sandstone, i don't really think its cheating seeing as you already made it and its basically the same block but looks better, but that depends on the individuals point of view

KruSuPhy
    KruSuPhy

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:12 PM

First trap I came across. I anticipated it.
"Wat, pressure plate? nty."
Second trap, Saw it.
"Big hole in ground? Not want."
Third trap.
"Ooh, treasure chest under the sand. OOH, LOOK THREE MORE SANDS. MUST BE MORE TREASURE CHEST. *whole floor collapses* FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"
Posted Image
Posted Image

trunksbomb said:

Lead said:

Well since this game is measured in Meters. Feet don't exist.

Yep, we all walk on our ankles.

War904
    War904

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:13 PM

Winterz said:

War904 said:

Gordan_Creeper said:

Just use Mcedit to replace the sand with Sandstone, i don't really think its cheating seeing as you already made it and its basically the same block but looks better, but that depends on the individuals point of view
If I did, it would ruin some of my traps inside.

War904
    War904

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:13 PM

KruSuPhy said:

First trap I came across. I anticipated it.
"Wat, pressure plate? nty."
Second trap, Saw it.
"Big hole in ground? Not want."
Third trap.
"Ooh, treasure chest under the sand. OOH, LOOK THREE MORE SANDS. MUST BE MORE TREASURE CHEST. *whole floor collapses* FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAA

scroom38
    scroom38

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:19 PM

I made a hollow 50x50 sandstone pyramid with an obsidian base (Yes I used invedit) I put up lightstone on the inside, and I am in the process of making a pit of death going down from the top into a pit of lava.
After 10:30 PST, my IQ drops to around that of a shovel, please disregard anything I say after aforementioned time, it will likely not make any sense, and is best ignored.

jaiden123123

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:27 PM

ok my first entry, day6 i think: as the sun sets i get ready for another night i broke through the door today and went for a brief look into the dark entry halways of the pyramid, i imediatly heard a zombie and sprinted to the hut,it is going to be a long night and im looking foward to tomorrow...
join the cow protecters, and take the pledge, for the benefit of cows: Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

War904
    War904

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:29 PM

jaiden123123 said:

ok my first entry, day6 i think: as the sun sets i get ready for another night i broke through the door today and went for a brief look into the dark entry halways of the pyramid, i imediatly heard a zombie and sprinted to the hut,it is going to be a long night and im looking foward to tomorrow...
I wish you the best of luck! I added spoilers, if you want to know what the final room is

YourSaver

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:41 PM

VERY amazing adventure :) no traps got me because I'm smart like that lol na the chest one almost got me but i thought about why is a chest just sitting there lol.

War904
    War904

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:42 PM

YourSaver said:

VERY amazing adventure :) no traps got me because I'm smart like that lol na the chest one almost got me but i thought about why is a chest just sitting there lol.
You'd be surprised. There are a TON of chest just sitting around, non-trapped.

jaiden123123

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:49 PM

day 7 , i think im now screwed, i fell into a trap and did not die, so i cant respawn to try again, there was a diamond block and i thought it was some trap so i went to see what was under it, turns out that diamond block was floating, and nocked the sand down and i fell with, so now i have almost no hope of finding the tomb,

Posted Image
Posted Image

YourSaver

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:52 PM

War904 said:

YourSaver said:

VERY amazing adventure :D no traps got me because I'm smart like that lol na the chest one almost got me but i thought about why is a chest just sitting there lol.
You'd be surprised. There are a TON of chest just sitting around, non-trapped.

Yea i noticed that, yet i still supported my self with sandstone every time i came near one lol/