Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

CoreProtect vs LogBlock

coreprotect logblock

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Yourdogsdead

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:35 PM

Hello, I currently have a server running CoreProtect. Due to seeing LogBlock being recommended, I would like to potentially switch over to it. I have no problem setting up an SQL database. My main question is, is there any benefit? I would assume it would be faster than storing the data in a single file. CoreProtect has the ability to use SQL, but it says that it is slower. Any help is much appreciated.

Register or log in to remove.

Lordpoole

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:42 PM

I recommend using CoreProtect with MySQL. It's a lot better than LogBlock as it can restore data swell as roll it back, for example if you accidentally deleted something with worldedit and the server crashed (meaning you can't undo it), then you would simply do /co restore u:<playerwhomadeit> t:<howlongagotheymadeit> r:<radiustocover>, and it would restore every block they changed from that date. This is also used for undoing a rollback. I have used both of LogBlock and CoreProtect on my server, but I find that CoreProtect brings complex logging and rollbacks (even rolling back TNT and mushroom spread!), whilst at the same time keeping a low profile as well as unnoticeable performance impact (I run on 8Gb RAM with Intel I7 so it shouldn't really). The main thing I suggest you do is run it on MySQL. I had it on File based logging for a few weeks, then it started to take longer and longer to bring up inspector results 3+seconds so I set up a Wamp MySQL server.
One more criticism of LogBlock is that it turns bedrock (or whatever block you change it to in the config.yml) to a logging tool so you can't build with it at all. I changed mine to clay as it's one of the rarest blocks to need to build with.
Hope this helps,

Tom :)

Victor_Psycho

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:50 AM

+1 for the necro

With the above post understood and a look through both the plugin's websites complete, any other significant differences?

Vps4less_Sean

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

Logblock can track xrayers.

Victor_Psycho

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:05 AM

View PostVps4less_Sean, on 02 January 2013 - 03:49 AM, said:

Logblock can track xrayers.

Wow very helpful, perhaps the question needs to be more direct.  As the original poster mentioned I’m looking at CoreProtect vs LogBlock

1. Record of block interactions
a. CoreProtect allows admins to see the last block placed or removed at a specific location.
b. Does LogBlock allows admin to see ALL blocks placed or removed at a specific location?

2. Chests
a. CoreProtect does not allow admins to rollback chest contents.
b. From what I can tell LogBlock does allow this.

3. If installing after server goes live
a. CoreProtect can only rollback to the date it was originally installed.
b. Since LogBlock uses WorldEdit can it rollback an area to before LogBlock was installed?

4. Block ratios
a. Coreprotect offers no stone/diamond ratio.
b. LogBlock tracks quantities of each block each player mined.

5. Commands
a. CoreProtect can rollback specific players, specific times, specific blocks, specific radius or everything within xx radius within xx time
b. Can LogBlock do the same?

Are my assumptions of LogBlock correct and can anyone fill me in on what I’m missing?

Rilesthegiles
  • Minecraft: Rilesthegiles
  • Xbox:Opop12345678

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

View PostVictor_Psycho, on 02 January 2013 - 08:05 AM, said:

Wow very helpful, perhaps the question needs to be more direct.  As the original poster mentioned I’m looking at CoreProtect vs LogBlock

1. Record of block interactions
a. CoreProtect allows admins to see the last block placed or removed at a specific location.
b. Does LogBlock allows admin to see ALL blocks placed or removed at a specific location?

2. Chests
a. CoreProtect does not allow admins to rollback chest contents.
b. From what I can tell LogBlock does allow this.

3. If installing after server goes live
a. CoreProtect can only rollback to the date it was originally installed.
b. Since LogBlock uses WorldEdit can it rollback an area to before LogBlock was installed? No, WorldEdit doesn't log block changes besides a certain amount in WorldEdit (only ones with commands.)

4. Block ratios
a. Coreprotect offers no stone/diamond ratio.
b. LogBlock tracks quantities of each block each player mined. At least for me, LogBlock x-ray states reset every time server restarted.

5. Commands
a. CoreProtect can rollback specific players, specific times, specific blocks, specific radius or everything within xx radius within xx time
b. Can LogBlock do the same? Not with the same complexity CoreProtect can.

Are my assumptions of LogBlock correct and can anyone fill me in on what I’m missing?

That's all I know, LogBlock I rarely used, I found CoreProtect to be simpler and MUCH less resource dependent.

Posted Image
-------------------------- Owner of Runecraft.us--------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

xX_VETERAN_Xx

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

You can roll back chest content using log block, i also like log block that you can use tool (wooden pickaxe) and you dont need to type /coreprotect inspect or whatever command is to check something
Posted Image
Fresh new server + map! Our community is looking for new players!
We feature custom new enchantments!visit us at: www.nocnoc.co

kittycat3
  • Minecraft: codygreen3

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:22 AM

Yeah i would recommend CoreProtect using MySql it works so well for me.

VariousArtist

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:02 PM

Most loggers seem to beat coreprotect by miles...
https://forums.bukki...k.120796/page-2
And LogBlock is still the king of loggers..not surprised... very skilled dev.

MadRealms: The Skyland Pirates [Factions-PvP][Airships][Skylands][Survival] IP: madrealms.net
www.madrealms.net - We create Worlds!

Shizaye
    Shizaye

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1398 posts
  • Minecraft: Shiz

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:25 AM

I wouldn't suggest the use of CoreProtect or LogBlock to be honest. I would be suggesting this plugin which merges CP and LB together along side lots of other block logging plugins.

Prism Bukkit
Prism Website

Want my attention? Quote a post by me!