• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft School Mod

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

FewViews780

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:19 AM

I think there should be a mod where minecrafters can go to school to learn about building, redstone, brewing, and enchanting. Building class would be about people learning how to build structures more than a wooden cube. Redstone class would be about people learning how to power machinery and what not. Brewing would be about people learning how to make all the potions and what the potions do. Enchanting class would be about people learning what each enchantment does. To get a school, there would be a craftable spawner for it. The recipe would be

<a href=       and the finishing product would be         <a href=

Hope you enjoy my idea.

P.S. The new items would be, pencils, desks, chairs, chalkboard, and of course, the spawner.

Register or log in to remove.

Knarf7697
  • Minecraft: Frank7697

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:35 AM

I kind of like this idea, but in SSP, you'd be the only student. I like the new item ideas.
WEEEEEEE!

The_Royal_Seer

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:00 AM

good idea for multi player

noobs.
Posted Image

Danielh90
  • Minecraft: Danielh90

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

can FewViews780  you may make a server and then let me now the server ip and then i will help you

whatevacreepa

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

I think they should also add tests and quizzes.

Diamondcup67
  • Minecraft: Blame_Canada
  • Xbox:Dont have one

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:13 AM

Good idea but it should have a setting rather your: Visitor (Regular Minecraft Player) Teacher or Student

DigMaster23
  • Minecraft: enderdragonoo7

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

Cool idea,but you don't need mod,you can just make server and learn other peoples.
But in real world is better to don't have school! Posted Image

Chasemincraft88

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

I think the Mod would only be good on multiplayer so it would be a grate idea i like it but i am in the procese of making a plugin my self.

joetheantipro
  • Minecraft: joetheantipro
  • Xbox:j03fail

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

I'm thinking the actual "class lessons" should be little per-recorded video clips that are made in a minecraft machinima type of way. maybe have an NPC at the front of each class room that's the teacher. the video clip is filmed in a replica of class room the lesson is supposed to take place in and the teacher uses the same skin as the person teaching the lesson in the video. maybe have the video start when you sit in a desk. and after watching a certain # of video's you get a test on the subject when you sit in the desk instead. you could also have home work like crafting a specific item and bringing it to the teacher that unlocks the next lesson.

well thats my 2 cents on the idea anyway.
Posted Image

Megaman50x

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

This can be done already without mods.Enter SSG College Roleplay. Its a complete school with different classes,teachers,students,and more.It is really cool and is run by a minecrafter named Royal_Canuck.Theres tons of other people who do it including players like Blimpfire,pokemonprime,etc.

Chasemincraft88

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

View PostMegaman50x, on 07 February 2013 - 09:07 PM, said:

This can be done already without mods.Enter SSG College Roleplay. Its a complete school with different classes,teachers,students,and more.It is really cool and is run by a minecrafter named Royal_Canuck.Theres tons of other people who do it including players like Blimpfire,pokemonprime,etc.
Cool i like this too i will check it out sometime

View PostDiamondcup67, on 05 February 2013 - 01:13 AM, said:

Good idea but it should have a setting rather your: Visitor (Regular Minecraft Player) Teacher or Student
Man these ideas rock :D

View Postjoetheantipro, on 07 February 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

I'm thinking the actual "class lessons" should be little per-recorded video clips that are made in a minecraft machinima type of way. maybe have an NPC at the front of each class room that's the teacher. the video clip is filmed in a replica of class room the lesson is supposed to take place in and the teacher uses the same skin as the person teaching the lesson in the video. maybe have the video start when you sit in a desk. and after watching a certain # of video's you get a test on the subject when you sit in the desk instead. you could also have home work like crafting a specific item and bringing it to the teacher that unlocks the next lesson.

well thats my 2 cents on the idea anyway.
I like it but it seems a little too hard to do but if FewViews780 whants it it would be good! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

View PostDigMaster23, on 05 February 2013 - 09:08 PM, said:

Cool idea,but you don't need mod,you can just make server and learn other peoples.
But in real world is better to don't have school! Posted Image
this is true but if you whant quizs and pencilales i think that their should be a mod/plugin And some people like school but Me i hate it :D XD

JadenZombieKiller009

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

try making some students teachers     school fights make animate were you can punch kick do gymastics and maybe  school paper were you  can right on with a pencil to write with and add a playground were you can acctualy play on like how i said animate were you can do actions  and maybe like add some PE items like cool ones were that you can use and ride and stuff

DentistWhat
  • Minecraft: menocanspeel

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

I rather like this idea. I have no idea how to mod for Multiplayer, but chances are I could do this Singleplayer. This mod wouldn't be a plugin, but would have to be installed both clientside and serverside.
You could, of course, do a rudimentary form of it in Bukkit using a pressureplate-delayer-commandblock-scoreboard system (courtesy of the new scoreboard system). Here's my idea of how to do it in a bukkit multiplayer world:
Spoiler:
I honestly don't know why I wrote all that, considering how long it has been since the original topic was posted. But since then, 1.5 has come out, so I think it's easier to do now. Whatever. Free time.
And, because the contents of that spoiler are a bit confusing, I made a map out of it! It's a rudimentary demonstration and isn't really that good, but whatever. It has signs describing what's happening, if you want to know.
http://www.mediafire...btxbm0jrrf80wb7
Oh yeah, and I couldn't even follow my own instructions. So sorry about that.
I waited. 2,000 years, I waited for you.

Superjoeyman
  • Minecraft: superjoeyman
  • Xbox:sucks.

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:43 AM

Want school? Go to the Nether. (Biome: hell)
Superjoeyman: Kicking ass since 1993

Chewy_Kitty

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:06 AM

Its a wonderful Idea! I don't think you need multiplayer for this idea. You can get NPC (villagers) and make them talk like students! Its just like Minecraft comes alive!

minecraftian288

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:06 PM

View PostKnarf7697, on 15 July 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

I kind of like this idea, but in SSP, you'd be the only student. I like the new item ideas.
Well You could create NPC's (not villagers) in the mod and they speak and a NPC teacher (my friend was disscusing this in School XD and wanted to create but dont know coding :/)

EDIT:

You also make friends or enemies with people and with bad enemies they bully you.

Edited by minecraftian288, 23 April 2013 - 08:07 PM.

The_Gamers_Co

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:48 PM

Ok, so today i began work on a school mod and whilst name-searching, I came across this topic. I was thinking that you have different classrooms with teacher npcs that you can interact with and a portable timetable etc. :)
The Gamers Co ModWith 28 New Slabs, 64 Aesthetic bricks, An Archery Target And More

HunnyPot123
  • Minecraft: honey1909

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:25 PM

You could have teacher/student mobs to play in SP
Posted Image
www.remypas.com epic