Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Un-migration?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Horndemon6

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:07 PM

Hey guys,
I was wondering if there is anyway to so called "Un-migrate" my minecraft account, so that I can once more login with my Username rather than my Email Address?
Thanks in advance

Register or log in to remove.

nxtguy
    nxtguy

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 462 posts
  • Minecraft: nxtguy

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:14 PM

Sadly, I don't think there is a way currently to do this. :(

Posted Image

If you want to get my attention quickly, quote me please!

lordzionleader
  • Minecraft: lordzionleader

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:54 AM

Shite, cos like hackers might get my e-mail then i will be fked.....
need help ppls
Posted Image

starlinvf
    starlinvf

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3169 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:37 AM

The migration permanent, and the old single name logins were going to discontinued in the future anyway.   As for the current issue, its not directly compromising any of your login info....  its not even a real hack that requires any of the users information to do.

For those who are getting lost, this is, for all intents and purposes, a spoofing exploit in the server code and how character data is referenced in the server.    As it turns out, the server doesn't fully validate a player's name when connect to the server, it just checks the session ID (from any valid login) and uses whatever name is presented to it.   Its kind of like the session stealer exploit, except less complicated, and looks legitimate as far as the server is concerned.

Horndemon6

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:10 PM

View Poststarlinvf, on 15 July 2012 - 08:37 AM, said:

The migration permanent, and the old single name logins were going to discontinued in the future anyway.   As for the current issue, its not directly compromising any of your login info....  its not even a real hack that requires any of the users information to do.

For those who are getting lost, this is, for all intents and purposes, a spoofing exploit in the server code and how character data is referenced in the server. As it turns out, the server doesn't fully validate a player's name when connect to the server, it just checks the session ID (from any valid login) and uses whatever name is presented to it.   Its kind of like the session stealer exploit, except less complicated, and looks legitimate as far as the server is concerned.
Right, u made my brain hurt slightly there but from what I gathered, u cant undo it, lol
Thanks tho

curtis13adam

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:21 PM

DAMN I CANT UN-MIGRATE MY ACCOUNT THEN! THEN I CANT PLAY ANYMORE!!?!?!?!?!?

reytom53
    reytom53

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

damn notch made me lose money there is a hunger games server u can buy pro for a month its really cool but if i can't play its a waste of money

Tvde1
    Tvde1

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Minecraft: Tvde1

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:02 AM

Yea, i want to un-migrate too, i have like 20 computers wih my login codes (all secured) so now i have to type in my email -_-

If my post helped you press that Arrow :D