• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Could not create the java virtual machine launcher !?!

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

DirtyTalk

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:20 AM

Hiya Guys,

Since yesterday if trie to start up minecraft i get this error?

I googled it and find to install my java again and stuff i did that but it didnt work?

Somebody help me please

http://imageshack.us...naamloosax.jpg/

Register or log in to remove.

starlinvf
    starlinvf

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3169 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:19 AM

What are your system specs?

DirtyTalk

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:40 AM

View Poststarlinvf, on 14 July 2012 - 11:19 AM, said:

What are your system specs?

I run windows Vista but i dont now anymore what the rest is but i've runned minecraft lots of times so that cant be the problem..

starlinvf
    starlinvf

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3169 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:37 AM

There isn't much information to go on. I would say completely uninstalling java from Programs list (in the windows control panel), and then try installing it again after that.

Other then that, could be malware, system corruption, or even too many programs running in the background.

Remotay
    Remotay

Tree Puncher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:42 AM

That means you have 32bit AND 64bit Java installed. Go to your Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs, Scroll down to Java, and delete your Java. After that, go into your Java directory and confirm they are gone. Check both these directories
1.C:\ Program Files \ Java
2.C:\ Program FIles (x86) \ Java

After that, go to the Java website, and download the appropriate Java, 32 bit or 64 bit, depending on your system specs, not both.

Sko
    Sko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2516 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:34 PM

View PostRemotay, on 15 July 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

After that, go to the Java website, and download the appropriate Java, 32 bit or 64 bit, depending on your system specs, not both.
Not true. Having both installed is perfectly fine and recommended practice on 64bit OSes.

starlinvf
    starlinvf

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3169 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:16 PM

yeah, I have 6 versions of java installed for various troubleshooting.   4 JREs (6 and 7, 32 adn 64 bit of each), and 64-bit JDKs for 6 and 7.

DirtyTalk

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:05 PM

View PostRemotay, on 15 July 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

That means you have 32bit AND 64bit Java installed. Go to your Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs, Scroll down to Java, and delete your Java. After that, go into your Java directory and confirm they are gone. Check both these directories
1.C:\ Program Files \ Java
2.C:\ Program FIles (x86) \ Java

Did that all but it doesnt work..

There is just one download on the java site? Online mode and offline mode..

Sko
    Sko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2516 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

View PostDirtyTalk, on 15 July 2012 - 06:05 PM, said:

There is just one download on the java site? Online mode and offline mode..
The Java site will only give you the the most recent version with the bitness that matches your browser. There's a complete list at Oracle's site for Java 6 and Java 7.

DirtyTalk

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:40 PM

View PostSko, on 15 July 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

The Java site will only give you the the most recent version with the bitness that matches your browser. There's a complete list at Oracle's site for Java 6 and Java 7.

Yeah but it still not works..

The same error keeps comming..
WTF is this??

starlinvf
    starlinvf

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3169 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:04 PM

Something got corrupted.   Try rebooting the machine and then doing the reinstall again.

misterjessy

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:01 AM

I was playing earlier this evening then tonight I try firing up minecraft so I could play with my son, same problem with the "could not create..." error message.  I've uninstalled, downloaded the newest version, installed, rebooted my system and am getting the same error plus a second error message line - "Error: A fatal exception occourred.  Program will exit."

So, I again uninstalled, verified the uninstall, downloaded and installed again, rebooted, verified the correct version was installed... and am still getting the two error messages.

Downloading from:
http://www.java.com/...load/manual.jsp

And selecting the link for:
Windows Online

Which is the file named:
jre-7u5-windows-i586-iftw.exe

No malware found on my system of any kind.

DirtyTalk

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:27 PM

View Postmisterjessy, on 16 July 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:

I was playing earlier this evening then tonight I try firing up minecraft so I could play with my son, same problem with the "could not create..." error message.  I've uninstalled, downloaded the newest version, installed, rebooted my system and am getting the same error plus a second error message line - "Error: A fatal exception occourred.  Program will exit."

So, I again uninstalled, verified the uninstall, downloaded and installed again, rebooted, verified the correct version was installed... and am still getting the two error messages.

Downloading from:
http://www.java.com/...load/manual.jsp

And selecting the link for:
Windows Online

Which is the file named:
jre-7u5-windows-i586-iftw.exe

No malware found on my system of any kind.

Same problem here...

Same file download and stuff

DirtyTalk

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:40 PM

Can someone help me?

DirtyTalk

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:11 PM

Bump Please help someone??????

Edty10
    Edty10

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:51 PM

Same error on Windows Vista here. Specs are:
    Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2
    Intel Core 2 Duo(Dual Core) 2.40GHz
    RAM: 2GB
    32-bit operating system.
Tried all recommended solutions and none worked. Is it a problem with Windows Vista?

DirtyTalk

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:55 AM

View PostEdty10, on 20 July 2012 - 07:51 PM, said:

Same error on Windows Vista here. Specs are:
Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2
Intel Core 2 Duo(Dual Core) 2.40GHz
RAM: 2GB
32-bit operating system.
Tried all recommended solutions and none worked. Is it a problem with Windows Vista?

I dont know,The only thing i know is that its very annoying to not play minecraft :x

There is a solution but where and how?
Very weird

insildur
    insildur

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:50 AM

From yesterday i have the same problem. Hours before minecraft running without problems.
Mysteriously i installed nothing or do anything else on computer during this time, just end old Minecraft session.

After that i get everytime of starting Minecraft:
-> Could not create the java virtual machine launcher

Nothing helped, i deinstalled java and reinstalled newest version 7 and also old running version 6 and also i installed both releases on same time, but nothing helped minecraft starting.

I also tried this batch file in differnt versions like:
java -Xms650m -Xmx2048m -jar "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\[username]\Anwendungsdaten\.minecraft\Minecraft.exe"
(for [username] my username)

I also tried to delete single worlds in .minecraft folder or delete the same .minecraft folder for a new blank installation of minecraft. But also minecraft.exe will not be able to start and break with this error message.

Also i tried other java apps, for example "minecraft xray" which are working fine without problems.

Finally i also scanned for virus or trojan, but system seems clean.

Operating system is windowsXP SP3 32bit
AMD Phenom 9600 quad core
3 GB Ram

The most confusion is, that minecraft was running hours before, so that old drivers cannot the be the problem.

Hope you can fix the launcher software, it would be sadly if i must end my minecraft career. :(

insildur
    insildur

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:58 PM

Small update.
Found on iNet a small "solution" which is working (but not really elegant)

I created simple a new windows user. With this user the Launcher started without error message and installed a new blank minecraft.
Not yet tested to install my old worlds into new win-account.

Perhaps it helps for finding a finally solution. Seems that a bug is creating something like a zombie which wasting the java memory old installations.

Cerebus06

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

Have you ensured that your Java is set to execute with the amount of memory you are attempting to allocate to Minecraft?  I was getting that issue just now until I forced Java to run with 1 gig of memory rather than it's default.

Go here: http://www.duckware....pletmemory.html

Follow those instructions and add the amount of memory you are trying to force Minecraft_Server.exe to run in your batch files.  Hopefully that will solve your problem.