Hey guys. What Leyden Jar does?

Register or log in to remove.

Yusunoha
    Yusunoha

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 619 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:44 PM

k, something very weird is happening related to the genepool and routers, and I am guessing it's on extra bees end.
I set up 3 genepools next to eachother, with a diamond chest next to them filled with bees.
below them I set up 2 factorization routers, one to pull from the chest, and eject to the second router, and the second router set to insert the bees into the genepools. everything is fine with the first stack of bees, but when all 1st slots in the genepools are full, the routers keep pulling from the chest and inserting bees into the genepools, but they don't end up anywhere in the genepool, they just simple disappear...

what is even more weird, I tried testing it with 1 router and 1 genepool and manually putting in 2 bees from different species. the first bee ofcourse goes into the first slot when I put it in the router, but when I put the second bee in the router, the species somehow got changed to the bee in the first slot and I have 2 of that species of bees...

I eventually solved the problem by placing hoppers ontop of the genepools, and have the second router insert the bees into the hoppers instead of the genepools, and the problem of the bees disappearing is fixed.

but there's still the problem that their species get changed to the species that's inside the genepool. I have searched this topic with the word "bees" and it seems this problem has been there for quite a while now, and it's only getting worse...

Socketing

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:56 PM

View Postneonerz, on 08 May 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

We'd like to use this mod in a private modpack we are putting together for our server. The server is not public. There's about 12 of us.

All mods are allowed to use in private modpacks that you doesn't get you money (Adfly links, etc..) Only if you would use the mod to make money like in adfly that would be illegal.

megaflip

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:25 PM

View Postedoreld, on 10 May 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

More testing, I feed a solar turbine with the output of 7 solar boilers with the maximum amount of mirrors each.

Still, it doesn't seem to generate enough charge to start filling a leyden jar.

*pic snip*

The problem here is that you're trying to stack mirrors on top of each other. In your image, only the top row of mirrors is recieving light. Also, you can only fill leyden jars from the top, just like real life leyden jars Posted Image.

For those interested, here's what I've done in a test world to get the maximum number of mirrors on one turbine:

Spoiler:

Pathogen47

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:31 PM

This post is to meet the requirement laid out by NeptunePink with regard to usage of the Factorization mod in a private modpack.

The modpack will be distributed by the Feed The Beast private pack system. The server is a private server with zero advertisement, meant only for friends and family, with only about 5 or 6 players.

Thanks!

megaflip

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:20 PM

Playing with connecting FZ boilers to railcraft industrial steam engines

Spoiler:

lothsun
    lothsun

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:18 AM

Does this use the Forge Ore Dictionary?

Zjarek
    Zjarek

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:13 AM

View Postedoreld, on 10 May 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

More testing, I feed a solar turbine with the output of 7 solar boilers with the maximum amount of mirrors each.

Still, it doesn't seem to generate enough charge to start filling a leyden jar.
6 of those boilers aren't working.NVM, it was answered before, I thought I was on last page.

Gelles
    Gelles

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:20 AM

View Postmegaflip, on 13 May 2013 - 11:20 PM, said:

Playing with connecting FZ boilers to railcraft industrial steam engines

Spoiler:

That is awesome.

megaflip

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:46 AM

An additional note on the steam engine setup:

I realized having the levers on sandstone meant two of the mirrors at the bottom weren't working. Replace the sandstone + levers with daylight sensors and all should be square ;)

VincentRH
  • Minecraft: Vincent11A

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:19 PM

Hey guys. Can you tell me, what Leyden Jar does?

unseennote
  • Minecraft: unseennote

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:42 AM

Felt inclined to tell you that I'm making a private modpack using your mod for less than 10 people on my private server. Please PM me if you need more information or do not want me to use the mod.
Posted Image  <-- Click here to help me grow my dragon!

hoodedpsycho193

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:25 AM

Just to let you know, I will be using this mod in my private modpack, HoodPack. It will be hosted on the FTB launcher and only accessible to members of my server. Thanks for a great mod and I will be looking forward to more great content in the future!

cieronph_hi

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

Hey just an update from my last post, we are now running a totally independent pack from ftb & thus just wanted to make you aware of the changes to our pack :)

An_Sar
    An_Sar

Carpenter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Minecraft: An_Sar

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:29 PM

Hello, I am writing to let you know I will be including factorization in a private server pack called "ROFL Pack". The pack is entirely private and will be distributed by the FTB Launcher to a small group of users.

Thank You

Nisheeth
    Nisheeth

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1145 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:54 AM

View PostVincentRH, on 14 May 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

Hey guys. Can you tell me, what Leyden Jar does?
I would recommend using the search feature (upper right corner of the page).
From what I understand (haven't used it yet) it is just a better battery that is filled from the top.

DragonFire287

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

Heya i didnt know where to report this so ill report it here.

ive found a bug that cause crashing of the game and inabilty to load the same chunks afterwards involveing the mixer
if the mixer has 3 slots full and then prossess something it will crash

replicated on ftb ultimate pack v1.1.0

Seth235
    Seth235

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

I'm using your mod in a private Modpack.

Oh and I wanted to thank you for creating such a great mod. :)

VincentRH
  • Minecraft: Vincent11A

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

Come on guys... Who knows what can I do with Leyden Jar?

Nisheeth
    Nisheeth

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1145 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

View PostVincentRH, on 17 May 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

Come on guys... Who knows what can I do with Leyden Jar?
Use teh search feature and look up neptunepink's post. It has the details. In summary, read the post that is three above yours.