factorization minecraftforge

• Please log in to reply
2190 replies to this topic

neptunepink
  • Minecraft: neptunepink

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:08 PM

POPULAR

Factorization
This mod adds minimalist parts for expanding vanilla redstone automation, along with many other things.

Posted Image
This is the recipe for creating The Factorization Manual. You should read it. (But it isn't finished yet.) That strange item on the right is a Logic Matrix Programmer, and it can be obtained by trading with a librarian villager.

Surpassingly Ancient And Out Of Date Information
Spoiler:

Other Stuff/Future Plans
Spoiler:

Installation
This is a Minecraft Forge mod.

1. Download and run the Minecraft Forge Installer. The version of Forge that I'm using is given by the download link. Anything newer will usually work, and sometimes older versions will work as well.
2. Check that the forge install worked by running the client (or the server). Forge information should be on the title screen (or in the server's logs). Stop minecraft.
3. Put Factorization.jar into the mods folder.
4. Optional: Install Not Enough Items. This will let you use the Pocket Crafting Table and Bag of Holding from within other GUIs.

Download
Use forge version 965.

Factorization 0.8.34 (MC 1.6.4)
adfly + MediaFire, or
adfly + DropBox
Built on 2014-03-03 against Minecraft Forge 9.11.1.953
Changelog

Old versions
Spoiler:

License
This mod may be used in modpacks under the following conditions:
1. There is a post in this thread that the mod is being used in a modpack. If it is a public modpack, then it must include the packs' name and the website or URL where the modpack can be found. If it is a private modpack, then mention this in your post. (I would like the post to contain also a description of the modpack and an estimate of the number of users, but this isn't necessary.)
2. The modpack must include in it a text file, or something similar, listing for each public mod: the name of the mod, the mod's author, and the mod's website or forum thread.

(end license)

The license has been very carefully designed to give me a slight burst of pleasure whenever I read a post saying that they are using my mod in a pack, and also to spare me from having to deal with people asking for permission. If you have any questions regarding the license or distribution, you may direct them at your nearest lawyer, and you may not direct them at me. I am not a lawyer, and do not give legal advice.

Bugs & Other Problems
For faster customer service, please report bugs & other problems to me in #factorization on irc.esper.net; I don't make a habit of reading this thread.

If something seems like it should be easier than it is, let me know; I tend to have a bit of a heavy hand with these things. Small/simple/tiny feature requests may be welcomed, but Ideas are not.

Localizations & Translation
You can contribute localizations at the Factorization Localizations Github Project. The following people have contributed:

Edited by neptunepink, 04 March 2014 - 04:59 AM.

Register or log in to remove.

joe123652
  • Location: Griefer detention center/torcher center [I'm a Trusted Guard there]
  • Minecraft: joe123652

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:13 PM

You should complete the documentation before you post the mod...
Posted Image

aser96\
    aser96\

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:45 PM

wow that's awesome!

edit : you should use the ore dictionary and give an option to disable silver ore generation
Posted Image

neptunepink

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:42 PM

View Postjoe123652, on 13 July 2012 - 10:13 PM, said:

You should complete the documentation before you post the mod...

The things without documentation aren't completely finished. Feel free to not use them.

Laslon
    Laslon

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • Minecraft: Laslon

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:10 AM

This is looking great so far. Finally a new tech mod that shows some decent potential, will let you know what I think once I've had a play, if it as good as it looks ill do a spotlight for you. Posted Image Great job!

Edit: Love it really great work. Don't think the thread has been updated because there is Mech armour and Mech upgrade machine that I'm not sure about how to use. I will familiarise myself with the mod a bit more then do a video for you.
Posted Image

zeuslightning125
  • Minecraft: zeuslightning125
  • Xbox:Zeusoflightning

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:03 AM

Sounds like a cool mod!

Sounds like a cool mod!
Posted Image
Hey, I'm hoping to become a minecraft forums moderator. If I help, please leave a +1! I love to know I have, and it will help me lead how I act to become a moderator, and if I become one, a good one.

KoichiJenius

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:12 AM

You had me at quantum stockpiling. But yeah, like aser said using the ore dictionary would probably be a good idea.

neptunepink

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:21 AM

View Postaser96\, on 13 July 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

edit : you should use the ore dictionary and give an option to disable silver ore generation

View PostKoichiJenius, on 14 July 2012 - 05:12 AM, said:

But yeah, like aser said using the ore dictionary would probably be a good idea.

I already use ore dictionary, and there is a config option to disable silver ore gen. Not that I've yet tested that either of them actually work.

View PostLaslon, on 14 July 2012 - 01:10 AM, said:

Edit: Love it really great work. Don't think the thread has been updated because there is Mech armour and Mech upgrade machine that I'm not sure about how to use. I will familiarise myself with the mod a bit more then do a video for you.

Sweet!

Mecha-armor isn't terribly useful yet. You can put it in the M-slot in the mecha-modder, and drop an appropriate type of vanilla armor in. The mecha-armor'll then pass the damage to that armor. (Multiple armors don't stack, they get used up one-at-a-time.) Armors that take less mecha-chasis to craft have fewer slots. Eventually I'll have tons of upgrades for everything that I can think of.

Right now their textures are quite terrible.

SpitefulFox
  • Minecraft: SpitefulFox

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:27 AM

This mod looks fantastic. :)

The_Z_of_Death

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:33 AM

I like the barrels idea. Great work, I'm interested to see where this mod goes.
Posted Image
If you want to say something to me, make sure you quote my post because I don't usually check back on topics.

Laslon
    Laslon

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:32 AM

Before I make a video I have a few more questions. Could you give me an in game application for the Queue and the Router, I've worked out how they work just trying to find a good application for them, I like the concept of them though.
On the textures most of it is not bad at all a few too bright colours on a few like the Queue. I really like the Router texture and the sides of the crafting blocks (Stamper etc.). The Wrath fire could do with slight improvement.
I found a few really minor bugs while playing around. With the slag furnace if you pull out one smooth stone, made as a by product of smelting Iron or Gold, and place that single piece in your inventory, you cannot pull another single piece out and put it in the same slot, it disappears. If you pull out 2 or more and try to place it in the slot with the single piece of smooth stone you will lose one of the smooth stone blocks then the stack will behave.
I've noticed that the chances of smoothstone as a byproduct, in the slag furnace, is as good as I can guess almost 100% if you have no smooth stone in the secondary slot but less than 10% if you do, so it takes a while for it to build up, not sure if this is a bug though just something I've noticed.
Also with the Router the chest setting only works if it is a single chest, if you put a double chest next to it it will build up in the slot in the router.

I am really liking this mod I can see some amazing applications in game for some of the functions, like a fully automated crafting system using RP2 computers would be relatively simple yet very satisfying to build. Just type what you want and it'll make it. :) DW20 really needs to see this mod I really think he would love it.
All in all the mod is going to be a big hit in my opinion great work!
Posted Image

neptunepink

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:58 PM

View PostLaslon, on 15 July 2012 - 06:32 AM, said:

Before I make a video I have a few more questions. Could you give me an in game application for the Queue and the Router...
Here's an old video: This can no longer be done because changing the inventory in project tables lets you get infinite diamonds. I haven't used queues to use since then. They could be used to make something similar to piston tape, using an item detector.

On one of my legit worlds, I made an IC2 machine processing system. One router is input for a bunch macerators, another for a bunch of furnaces, and a 3rd takes output from those and a few other miscellaneous IC2 machines.

I'm quite pleased with the router texture, except maybe for the top; I might do something more meaningful with it in the future. Crafting machine textures are lookin' pretty good. I made the slag furnace texture in like 2 minutes, and I'll probably change it. The mecha-textures are temporary, and worn mecha-armor in particular looks absolutely awful. I'll probably have to completely redo how wrath-fire renders; particles are too slow. I'm going to make a cheaper recipe for diamond shards.

The router/double chest thing was an easy fix. I'm still looking at the problems with the slag furnace.

blockout22
  • Minecraft: blockout22

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:01 PM

isn't this suppose to be in "content packs" forums?
Posted Image

Shadowrock
  • Minecraft: Shadowrock
  • Xbox:I don't own an Xbox...

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:02 PM

View Postblockout22, on 15 July 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

isn't this suppose to be in "content packs" forums?
Nope, it's a good thing to use with redpower, not extending the mod. So, in no way is it a Content Pack.

Equeon said:

Five minutes later, the Predator was killed in a tragic incident involving bloodthirsty baby chicken.

Laslon
    Laslon

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:40 AM

Quick question I was recording the spotlight and I was explaining the use of the barrel, I had it 100% full then left clicked to get a stack out and the whole thing blew up taking a massive chunk out of my spotlight area. Is this supposed to happen?
Also I've found you can overfill the barrel by accident, if you double right click when there is space for one stack all the stacks in your inventory will enter even though there is not enough space.
Posted Image

neptunepink

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:04 AM

View PostLaslon, on 16 July 2012 - 02:40 AM, said:

the whole thing blew up taking a massive chunk out of my spotlight area. Is this supposed to happen?
Yes. It shouldn't happen in a single click unless you're in creative mode or using some super-tool tho. I'll make the danger a bit more obvious.

View PostLaslon, on 16 July 2012 - 02:40 AM, said:

Also I've found you can overfill the barrel by accident, if you double right click when there is space for one stack all the stacks in your inventory will enter even though there is not enough space.
Oooh, thanks for reporting that. Fixed in my dev version.

Edited by neptunepink, 16 July 2012 - 05:14 AM.

Laslon
    Laslon

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:24 AM

I have done the first version of the spotlight have a watch and let me know what you think. If I missed anything out I can add it.
One thing the demon sentry what does it do? Lol.

Also apologies about the amount of times I say function and functionality. Posted Image Make it a drinking game lol Posted Image
So it is a "function" (that bloody word again Posted Image ) of the barrel then. Definetaly need to warn people about that lol. I may have double clicked not to sure, I had cobble in my hand and was in survival mode, was a bit of a surprise lol.

Posted Image

Dmz96
    Dmz96

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • Minecraft: Dmz96

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:39 PM

Is there a way to disable everything but the barrels/crafting machines?
"Sometimes it's necessary to go a long distance out of the way in order to come back a short distance correctly."

Doskan
    Doskan

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Minecraft: Doskan

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:00 PM

I'm duping items right now with barrels, provider pipe (from logistic pipes) on normal mode (works good with "leave 1st stack" mode though)

EDIT: Im in love with the router... can we get a filter for extraction? :D

neptunepink

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:37 PM

View PostLaslon, on 16 July 2012 - 07:24 AM, said:

I have done the first version of the spotlight have a watch and let me know what you think....
Excellent video! It's the stamper that would uncraft the iron block, not the packager. Dev version has a config option to keep wrathfire from spreading.

The sentry demon is a chunk loader. I'm not entirely sure it works properly. It does manage to keep them loaded, but it probably shouldn't be used on frames for now as I think it doesn't let chunks unload after it has left. The barrel should *only* blow up when broken with more than 64 stacks in.

View PostDoskan, on 16 July 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

I'm duping items right now with barrels, provider pipe (from logistic pipes) on normal mode (works good with "leave 1st stack" mode though)

EDIT: Im in love with the router... can we get a filter for extraction? :D
Doskan:  :|   I guess I'll have to play with BC/Logistics Pipes then. Router upgrades'll be a thing next version.

View PostDmz96, on 16 July 2012 - 12:39 PM, said:

Is there a way to disable everything but the barrels/crafting machines?
No.