• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Jhonz
    Jhonz

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:45 PM

Hey all, Im 100% new to the forum and I'm not sure whether or not I'm allowed to post this but yeh...

viewtopic.php?f=1012&t=97783

If you go ahead and look at this guy's post It will explain how you bypass the login screen.

This hasn't really been updated since the alpha though and that's because it really doesn't need to be.
All the files work the version number just needs to be updated which is what I have done or to be more precise ill show you what to do.

Once I found the current client number it was all simple :P

Right download the original files from his guide from the original post and set it all up (he has a nice tutorial which i won't cover in this post as it will take to long)

Once its all setup, you wont be able to connect.

First thing you want to do it change the client number that the php files use:
go to :
/auth/game/getversion.jsp
open this up in notepad or wordpad

set "$version" equal to 1295011600000
Save the file.

Go to your apache install and open up /apache/conf/httpd.conf
Go to the bottom of the file and put this in

DocumentRoot C:\xampp\htdocs\Auth <------- edit this line to wherever your files  are located.  
  ServerName www.minecraft.net

Restart apache

Hopefully this will get everything working again like it did for me.
I am using this solely for the reason to play SMP during the downtime.

If you want friends in your server(assuming you've port forwarded the minecraft server) get your external IP address by going to http://www.minecraft.net to your external IP address.

Get them to register an account and tell them to login with those credentials. Everything should work.

I have done 0 coding to get this to work. This is all the owners stuff. I just wanted to update it for all the people who couldn't login at this time.
As to whether this is legal or not Is unclear to me. I do not condone piracy in any way shape or form!!

Anyway
HF all!
-Jhonz

-update 19/01/11
Might be a new client version. If the client version above doesn't work use 1295383684000 instead.

Register or log in to remove.

jtspring
  • Minecraft: jtspring

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:53 PM

This bypass is unnecessary if you have paid for the game.  The game attempts to login for a minute.  If it cannot connect it prompts you if you want to play offline.  Click play offline.

Seems like a whole lot of work for something the game does anyway.
Jt Spring - Creative Lead                   "SNSO - Save Now save often"
blog.zorts.net

Jhonz
    Jhonz

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:57 PM

I guess you're right. It can be used for educational purposes I guess...
Idk why but my minecraft client always hated me.
Whenever I pressed "play offline" nothing would happen and it would seem to freeze which could be due to the crappy nature of the pc I play on :(

Nethertheless, It will probably be of use to some people out there that wanted to get that to work again! :Spider:

jtspring
  • Minecraft: jtspring

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:00 PM

Ah.  Yes.  If the game is not working right, that would be a compelling reason to go through all those steps.
Jt Spring - Creative Lead                   "SNSO - Save Now save often"
blog.zorts.net

Jhonz
    Jhonz

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:17 PM

But yeh... If you press play offline (finally got it working) and try and login to a SMP server then It will not work as it says the user is not premium.

So yeh this is a way to get SMP working while there is an outage :P

trunksbomb
    trunksbomb

Glowstone Miner

• Retired Staff
  • 3065 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:19 PM

It's also a way for new users to log in for the very first time, because they won't be able to play offline without logging in online once.

Varrkarus

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:48 AM

Cool, I used this thing to set up minecraft on my old computer. It won't connect ot the internet for some reason. Pre cool :Furnace:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image