• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Oaysis
    Oaysis

Carpenter

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:38 AM

Well I recently discovered that minecraft will run much faster with java 64 bit, so I went ahead and installed it. I made sure to remove any other versions of java before hand. However, when I try to run minecraft I get this error :
"No JVM could found on your system. Please define EXE4J_JAVA_HOME to point to an installed 32-bit JDK or JRE or download a JRE from http://www.java.com"
My computer is using Windows 7 64 bit.

Register or log in to remove.

Frink14
    Frink14

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:41 AM

Oaysis said:

Well I recently discovered that minecraft will run much faster with java 64 bit, so I went ahead and installed it. I made sure to remove any other versions of java before hand. However, when I try to run minecraft I get this error :
"No JVM could found on your system. Please define EXE4J_JAVA_HOME to point to an installed 32-bit JDK or JRE or download a JRE from http://www.java.com"

The 64-bit version is not on their manual download page.  I found it here https://cds.sun.com/... ... _Developer

Using the drop-down box I chose Windows x64.

Cilph
    Cilph

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:42 AM

Oaysis said:

While I have no solution to your problem, I just wanted to say 64-bit java will not run much faster than 32-bit. It's your mind messing with you.

jase3905
    jase3905

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 250 posts
  • Minecraft: jase3905

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:43 AM

Try "reinstalling" MC. Make sure to copy any necessary data over like maps and such, but delete the client, and the rest of your .minecraft folder. There might be a file somewhere that tells MC to look for 32 bit JAVA cause that's what was installed when MC first started on your PC, so if you "reinstall" MC, it might recognize the 64 bit". I have no idea if it will work, but it's worth a try!

(o)====:::

~~ Music For Life ~~

K1LL-SW1TCH

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:40 AM

I heard using a 64bit java fixes errors. Is this just random crashes or can it fix the internalexeption connection reset error? I heard it could be my network card but I'm not convinced. Defecting not my router since SMP runs fine on my laptop (albeit a bit of lag).

Off topic: post number 64! Full stack rank!

PYLONS!

craftminer123

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:40 AM

Oaysis said:

Maybe I'm late with this, but still.. Helping other: I had also the problem, and really. Only thing you have to do, is to visit java and download their latest verision (it's in the frontpage). Hope this was usefull and good luck :Zombie:

ninosfl
    ninosfl

Carpenter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Minecraft: ninosfl
  • Xbox:XBOX Sucks!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:25 PM

View PostOaysis, on 18 January 2011 - 10:38 AM, said:

i got the same error for the same reason and i fixed it just by simply going in java's website (http://www.java.com/en/download/) and downloaded java .... again then i tried launching minecraft and it worked hope this will work for you too

RenderSVK

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:14 PM

Hello guys.
I had this "EXE4J_JAVA_HOME" problem too. I back-up my heavy modded Minecraft to rar file a months ago and by the time I have reinstalled Windows. Now I have Win 7 64-bit. When I extracted it to AppData/Roaming folder and tried to run it it give me this error. I had Installed only 64-bit Java. Then I tried to install 32-bit too but that solved the problem by running MC on 32-bit Java. I couldnt force it to tun it with 64-bit Java.

I tried many things. (shortcut parameters, Eviroment Variables, BAT file etc.)
But then I cloned my old minecraft,
put it on desktop for a moment,
downloaded new minecraft,
deleted everything exept Minecraft.exe
put back my old minecraft
and then it worked, no errors and it runs in 64-bit mode.
How do I know it runs on 64-bit ? In Windows Task Manager / Processes there was no *32 thing on javaw.exe

I dont think this is Java problem, maybe I had 32bit Minecraft? Is that even possible?

Weird thing was when I had Installed 32-bit and 64-bit Java and tried to run it with shortcut parameter to run 32-b Java from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin and then when I checked Windows Task Manager and looked at properties of Javaw.exe *32 there was this: "Location: C:\Windows|SysWOW64" --- what?!!

But when I done "magic clone thing" with my MC and it run properly with 64-bit Java there was right location of javaw.exe file in Windows Task Manager:  C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin
Problem solved, for me. Meybe it will work for you my friend.

After I solved my problem I checked Enviroment Variables and I do not have Java folder paths in variables even not in PATH and my Minecraft runs normally withour erros and in 64-bit mode.

(Sorry for my lame English)

Kel007
    Kel007

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:53 AM

Hi. I have the same problem here. I have both 64-bit Java and 32-bit Java installed on the latest version  (Version 7 Update 9) and I just receive this problem today when I updated it to update 9. I tried running on Google Chrome as well and it crashed (Java crashing for the first time on the computer).

Launching Minecraft via my own jar file works, but that is only for Singleplayer because you don't login to your account,
Posted Image