Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Official Minecraft Twitter Feed [[ TU15 is Out! ~*~ 12 Million Sold! ~*~ Get the Candy TP NOW! ]] Updated: 17 Apr '14

4j studios twitter feed reference

  • Please log in to reply
3433 replies to this topic

#1061

boxanata
    boxanata

    Ghast Hunter

  • Members
  • 2729 posts
  • Location: Perth, Western Australia

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:46 AM

One thing I hope we get in a future update is the Large Biomes feature from 1.3.1. I want worlds that are dominated by extreme hills. & when I say dominated, I mean like 90-95% of the map.

Posted Image


Register or log in to remove.

#1062

ActiveHate

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:34 AM

View PostCovert_Enigma, on 02 January 2013 - 04:48 AM, said:

Yeah, I heard it too. They said something along those lines at the 4j studios panel at minecon. I saw the video of it. They singled it out as something that wouldn't necessarily make sense to port into the Xbox version because it doesn't really make sense with the traditional xbox inputs and wouldn't be accessible for everybody (not everyone has chatpads or usb keyboards). I'm not saying that they should or shouldn't add them but I see where they are coming from.

If it takes a considerable amount of time to add one item into the game then I could see the reasons for leaving it out. However, just because everybody can't use it effectively doesn't mean there isn't a large portion of us who can. Besides aren't most keyboard usb these days? Unless your computer is ancient just use the one from your computer and put it back when you're done.

If they're concerned about making everything accessible to everyone, then I want to know what they were thinking about splitscreen. Not all of us have HDTV's or HDMI cables. If someone from 4J reads this please save us the headache of using signs and add the books.

#1063

boxanata
    boxanata

    Ghast Hunter

  • Members
  • 2729 posts
  • Location: Perth, Western Australia

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

View Postunokitsune, on 01 January 2013 - 08:56 AM, said:

If this is Mojang/PC's twitter feed, where is 4J's and the XBOX?

EDIT: Ok I kind of feel a little dumb right now as the title says XBLA. I need sleep.

I'm not going to lie to you. I lol'd. :P

Posted Image


#1064

ubergine
    ubergine

    Obsidian Miner

  • Members
  • 1393 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

We can't tell a story in the game without book and quill, which is lame, but I expect the bigger technical issue with the thing is not gamepad input but the stupid censorship system putting enormous strain on the game if you then apply it to vastly more text than just the signs.

#1065

Tamorr
    Tamorr

    Ghast Hunter

  • Members
  • 2851 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

View Postboxanata, on 02 January 2013 - 05:46 AM, said:

One thing I hope we get in a future update is the Large Biomes feature from 1.3.1. I want worlds that are dominated by extreme hills. & when I say dominated, I mean like 90-95% of the map.

It would be more than large, as when I had that option selected on the pc version the size of the biome would be a minecraft map...O_o

So in a way you would get a map with just one biome. It is a good feature if you only want 1 biome, but it is bad enough that we already sometimes get that with the new snowy biome. Christmas shows that. As well sometimes getting an all ocean one, maybe not as often as 1.8.2, but on occasion it happens. still though I would mind seeing larger biomes.

On another note I would rather there be a biome % generator. That is one that you get to specify which % of each biome there is on a map. or at least the % chance it will appear. Also have the option of regular generation or a specific % generation. Either way still all decent ideas....:D

My First World, always getting back to is a pleasure I enjoy with each new update that brings in more things to add in.

--Arcavia--


#1066

ComradeJohn

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

Like that dude said, pretty much everyone has access to a usb keyboard nowadays.  And for those who don't, oh well.  They can go buy one for like 10-20 bucks if they cared that much.  Books sound awesome, and I have been patiently waiting for them for a while.  I wanted to make a zombie apocalypse story through minecraft.  :(
I need to give out more reputation.  I'm not used to the system, but I see so many helpful posts.  D:  Sorry if I forget you!

#1067

electricblooz

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

ubergine has the right of it - book/quill is very unlikely due to the strain it would place on the censorship system.  You think lag is bad now?

#1068

Tamorr
    Tamorr

    Ghast Hunter

  • Members
  • 2851 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

View Postelectricblooz, on 02 January 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

ubergine has the right of it - book/quill is very unlikely due to the strain it would place on the censorship system.  You think lag is bad now?

Judging what others have said and experienced with signs, that is just a crash waiting to happen. It would be a bit much for online play to accomplish. That would be more scanning than actually game play. I can see why they didn't although the excuse with the keyboard and/or chat pad is just plain avoiding the actual answer they probably should have mentioned. Which is the fact that signs put enough strain on that protocol as is.

My First World, always getting back to is a pleasure I enjoy with each new update that brings in more things to add in.

--Arcavia--


#1069

conedx
    conedx

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

anyone know what number the next update will be? or will the next one be the one where they "go their own way"? really hoping for jungles and desert/jungle temples in the next update. and upside down stairs. off the top of my head i can't really think of anything i REALLY want. o:

#1070

boxanata
    boxanata

    Ghast Hunter

  • Members
  • 2729 posts
  • Location: Perth, Western Australia

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:36 AM

View Postconedx, on 02 January 2013 - 10:58 PM, said:

anyone know what number the next update will be? or will the next one be the one where they "go their own way"? really hoping for jungles and desert/jungle temples in the next update. and upside down stairs. off the top of my head i can't really think of anything i REALLY want. o:

The next major update will be 1.2.3, which should include the placing of upside down stairs, & slabs. Desert & jungle temples weren't added until 1.3.1.
http://www.minecraft...n_history#1.2.3
http://www.minecraft...n_history#1.3.1

Posted Image


#1071

EastBayWilly

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

So wait, book and quills won't be added because of a combination of lack of accessibility (chatpad/keyboard) and something about censorship? I didn't even know xbox read and censored all custom text to begin with. And even so, i doubt it would take so much power to scan a document. And who the heck uses that censor filter anyways? Don't know about you guys but I've only ever played with friends.

#1072

ubergine
    ubergine

    Obsidian Miner

  • Members
  • 1393 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:43 AM

The signs you can type on in the game check with some kind of censorship filter for the children or rather, for the customer service guys who take calls from people's stupid outraged wowser parents.

It seems to put enough strain on the system to affect performance under certain circumstances.

#1073

boxanata
    boxanata

    Ghast Hunter

  • Members
  • 2729 posts
  • Location: Perth, Western Australia

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

View PostTamorr, on 02 January 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

It would be more than large, as when I had that option selected on the pc version the size of the biome would be a minecraft map...O_o

So in a way you would get a map with just one biome. It is a good feature if you only want 1 biome, but it is bad enough that we already sometimes get that with the new snowy biome. Christmas shows that. As well sometimes getting an all ocean one, maybe not as often as 1.8.2, but on occasion it happens. still though I would mind seeing larger biomes.

On another note I would rather there be a biome % generator. That is one that you get to specify which % of each biome there is on a map. or at least the % chance it will appear. Also have the option of regular generation or a specific % generation. Either way still all decent ideas....Posted Image
That's the whole reason I would like to see it make it's way onto MCX360! So we could have a "one biome world" if we choose to do so. I'd love to have a world that's 100% extreme hills. % generator is a pretty neat idea as well.

Posted Image


#1074

Tamorr
    Tamorr

    Ghast Hunter

  • Members
  • 2851 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

View Postboxanata, on 04 January 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

That's the whole reason I would like to see it make it's way onto MCX360! So we could have a "one biome world" if we choose to do so. I'd love to have a world that's 100% extreme hills. % generator is a pretty neat idea as well.

yeah it is understandable, would be nice to have both, but more or less I think what will make it would be the large biome feature. the % thing is after all a dream for the moment. Who is to say for sure which will be in beyond 4J themselves. After all the amount of idea spread is enough to get other thinking along those lines...:D

My First World, always getting back to is a pleasure I enjoy with each new update that brings in more things to add in.

--Arcavia--


#1075

Archangle_Sorrox

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

they need to get rid of the barrer so if you play on a old world that dont have the new seeds you dont have to make a new world to play them like the PC one dose jsut keep going in one way until new stuff pops up that would be amazing and well thats one of the things why I play the PC one more I have both but play the pc cuz i can look farward to keeping the world I am in and when new stuff gets added in I dont have to restart my world to get them!!!! that makes me every mad that I have to do that on the xboxone

#1076

ComradeJohn

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

Promised in Future updates:
-spawn eggs
-ocelots
-Blazes will drop glowstone dust
-remaining potions
-iron golems

the next update (TU8) is only for bug fixes.  The end is coming in TU9

You do not need to make a new world to visit the end, if your world has an end portal.

All of this info was gleaned from a lot of tweets.
I need to give out more reputation.  I'm not used to the system, but I see so many helpful posts.  D:  Sorry if I forget you!

#1077

Orin25
    Orin25

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

View PostArchangle_Sorrox, on 06 January 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

they need to get rid of the barrer so if you play on a old world that dont have the new seeds you dont have to make a new world to play them like the PC one dose jsut keep going in one way until new stuff pops up that would be amazing and well thats one of the things why I play the PC one more I have both but play the pc cuz i can look farward to keeping the world I am in and when new stuff gets added in I dont have to restart my world to get them!!!! that makes me every mad that I have to do that on the xboxone
You do know it's not all that simple, I'm sure if they could remove the invisible walls with the snap of thier fingers then they would, but iy is almost near impossible to expand the world untill they figure out a way around it.

#1078

ubergine
    ubergine

    Obsidian Miner

  • Members
  • 1393 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Wondering if The End will just have invisible walls or if they are coming up with something different.

#1079

electricblooz

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

Nether generation quesiton definitively answered:  nether spawns as a whole on world generation

https://twitter.com/...614087229857792

This implies that you shodul just go ahead and search your nether for a fortress now, because waiting for the bug fix will have no impact.

#1080

Bedrock_placer
  • Location: Scotland
  • Minecraft: Martian47

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

View PostArchangle_Sorrox, on 06 January 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

they need to get rid of the barrer so if you play on a old world that dont have the new seeds you dont have to make a new world to play them like the PC one dose jsut keep going in one way until new stuff pops up that would be amazing and well thats one of the things why I play the PC one more I have both but play the pc cuz i can look farward to keeping the world I am in and when new stuff gets added in I dont have to restart my world to get them!!!! that makes me every mad that I have to do that on the xboxone
MInecraft is using maximum memory nearly, right now, so that is literally impossible on the Xbox 360.