• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.1/1.6.2] [Forge] Diamond Meter v2.2.3/2.2.4

diamond meter compass mining ore redstone

• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

Poll: Diamond Meter Poll (958 member(s) have cast votes)

Which ore(s) do you think would be useful to have a meter for?

1. Diamond (Leave the mod as-is) (403 votes [16.73%])

Percentage of vote: 16.73%

2. Gold (306 votes [12.70%])

Percentage of vote: 12.70%

3. Iron (252 votes [10.46%])

Percentage of vote: 10.46%

4. Coal (133 votes [5.52%])

Percentage of vote: 5.52%

5. Lapis Lazula (175 votes [7.26%])

Percentage of vote: 7.26%

6. Redstone (191 votes [7.93%])

Percentage of vote: 7.93%

7. Emerald (557 votes [23.12%])

Percentage of vote: 23.12%

8. Chest (Not an ore, but hey, maybe you want to find it) (292 votes [12.12%])

Percentage of vote: 12.12%

9. Other (100 votes [4.15%])

Percentage of vote: 4.15%

Vote Guests cannot vote

PCChazter

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:11 AM

As much as I enjoyed making this mod, I unfortunately wont be able to continue development on this mod. The continuation of this mod can be found here by MCWizard111.

Description

Diamond meter is a device that, when held in your quick-bar, will indicate if there is any diamond ore near to you. Cause lets just admit it, all of us have better things to do than strip mine the bottom layers of your world, looking for diamonds.
This will be my first mod for Minecraft, so enjoy, be patient if you have any issues, and of course, leave comments about how you like it, improvement suggestions, bug reports, etc.

Download

[MC 1.6.1 Forge] Diamond Meter 2.2.3: (Adf.ly) (Bit.ly)
[MC 1.6.2 Forge] Diamond Meter 2.2.4: (Adf.ly) (Bit.ly)

Change Log:

Previous Versions:
Spoiler:

Installation

For this mod to work, you will need the corresponding version of minecraft, and the correct version of Forge installed first to work.

To install, once you have installed Forge, simply copy the "DiamondMeter X.X.X.zip" file (replacing X.X.X with the version number) into the mods folder. On a windows machine, it is found at "%appdata%\.minecraft\mods\" (without quotes) by default.

Texture Packs

*pre 1.5.2 only*
Spoiler:

Crafting

Some people are probably thinking "Diamond meter? That's cheap!", but you actually need a few diamonds to construct it (11 total).
The recipe is:

Posted Image

Usage

To use this tool, simply have it on you while walking around in the bottom layers of the overworld. It will change colors based on how close you are to diamond ore. It is best to keep it in your quick-bar, but it will update as long as it is in your inventory. (Images below)

Spoiler:

Config

This mod has a config file that can be modified to get different effects. It is located in your MineCraft folder (%appdata%\.minecraft by default), and is named DiamondMeter.txt. In this file, you will see a few settings, in the format <setting>=<value>. If at any point you wish to restore the default value for a setting, delete the line for that setting, save the config file, and restart the game (or "use" the Diamond Meter to reload the config).

Please keep in mind that "Diamond Meter" was designed with the default values. The config was added to allow users to customize as they please.

The settings have these effects:

toFind (default 56): the block id to look for.
distanceMax (default 8): changes the maximum distance to look for the block. Setting this too high may crash your game, so keep it within reason.

playSound (default false): tells the Diamond Meter whether or not to play a sound every time it transitions.
soundVolume (default 1.0): changes the volume level of the Diamond Meter (if enabled).
soundFurther (default note.bd): this is the sound that plays everytime the Diamond Meter transitions down (further away)
soundCloser (default random.pop): this is the sound that plays everytime the Diamond Meter transitions up (closer)

Reviews

A bunch of people have made some helpful reviews for this mod (including one in German!)

Spoiler:

Register or log in to remove.

ZDeztroyerz
  • Minecraft: ZDeztroyerz

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:22 AM

Doesn't seem that overpowered considering the number of diamonds required to build it
My Youtube Is http://www.youtube.com/ZDeztroyerz
And I'm a fan of Toonami

PCChazter

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:31 AM

View PostZDeztroyerz, on 07 July 2012 - 06:22 AM, said:

Doesn't seem that overpowered considering the number of diamonds required to build it

Try it out, it saves alot of time, it's worth the 11 diamonds. I tried to keep it at a level where you had to work to build it, but once its built, it doesn't completely make mining for diamonds a breeze. Any opinions is appreciated though!

Neon_ColorsFTW22
  • Minecraft: NeonColorsAero

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:16 AM

what he said it's worth the 11 diamonds as you will eventually find more diamonds after crafting this...

Nice mod by the way i'll be using for sure

Posted Image

ThreeEye
    ThreeEye

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1841 posts
  • Minecraft: iiiHuman

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:29 PM

View PostPCChazter, on 07 July 2012 - 06:11 AM, said:

Description

Diamond meter is a device that, when held in your quick-bar, will indicate if there is any diamond ore near to you. Cause lets just admit it, all of us have better things to do than strip mine the bottom 10 layers of your world, looking for diamonds.
This will be my first mod for Minecraft, so enjoy, be patient if you have any issues, and of course, leave comments about how you like it, improvement suggestions, bug reports, etc.

Just so you know, this has been done before.  I know "Finder Compass" also does something similar.  Not that you can't also have one that works a little bit differently or with a different cost etc.  Again, just letting you know in case you didn't already.

:)

PCChazter

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:23 PM

View PostiiiHuman, on 07 July 2012 - 01:29 PM, said:

Just so you know, this has been done before.  I know "Finder Compass" also does something similar.  Not that you can't also have one that works a little bit differently or with a different cost etc.  Again, just letting you know in case you didn't already.

Ah, ok. Thanks for the heads up, that's good to know. Just by taking a quick look at it, I think Finder Compass is a bit different, in it actually has a compass needle for finding certain ore. I haven't tried it though, so I'm not too sure. A compass, to me, seemed a bit cheap and easy for finding diamond (which is actually what I was going to originally make, but decided on a non-directional distance meter).

Regardless, I still hope people try this out, and enjoy it.

Brona Pretolus

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:27 PM

Another interesting take on the perennial diamond detector :) And not a bad one, either. Good implementation for a first mod.

Tormz
    Tormz

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 315 posts
  • Minecraft: Tormz

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:57 PM

Hey nice mod.
I've made a showcase,put it in the OP if you want to.
(some people lazy to read lol)

Please subscribe,thanks.

PCChazter

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:55 PM

View PostTormz, on 07 July 2012 - 07:57 PM, said:

Hey nice mod.
I've made a showcase,put it in the OP if you want to.
(some people lazy to read lol)
[media]http://youtu.be/kV5-VFEPJPQ[/media]

Thanks Tormz, very nice! I added it to my post.

jaywhisker37

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:57 PM

I had an idea. What if u made a machine that could make diamonds, but not overpoweredly. like this: machine would be 2 d blocks, 4 cobble 2 rs torches, and 1 iron on top. Then, u insert compressed coal into it (made with 9 coal) and in another box add rs. For every 1 compressed coal and 8 rs, u get 1 diamond. Just an idea. :)
Posted Image

SCMowns
    SCMowns

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Minecraft: SdogSteven

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:05 AM

interesting Mod :3
Posted Image

Babyface2715
  • Minecraft: babyface2715
  • Xbox:Babyface2715

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:40 AM

Can I include this mod in my modpack? I'll give you full credit.

Posted Image

x2robbie2x
  • Minecraft: Roob3rt

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:04 AM

Cool mod :D

PCChazter

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:04 AM

View PostBabyface2715, on 08 July 2012 - 12:40 AM, said:

Can I include this mod in my modpack? I'll give you full credit.
As long as due credit is given, feel free!

View PostSCMowns, on 08 July 2012 - 12:05 AM, said:

interesting Mod :3
Thanks SCMowns, and thanks for the tutorials Posted Image

PCChazter

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:14 AM

View Postx2robbie2x, on 08 July 2012 - 01:04 AM, said:

Thanks for the video, can I put it in my post?

View Postjaywhisker37, on 07 July 2012 - 11:57 PM, said:

I had an idea. What if u made a machine that could make diamonds, but not overpoweredly. like this: machine would be 2 d blocks, 4 cobble 2 rs torches, and 1 iron on top. Then, u insert compressed coal into it (made with 9 coal) and in another box add rs. For every 1 compressed coal and 8 rs, u get 1 diamond. Just an idea. Posted Image

Interesting idea, the thought had crossed my mind at one point. I'll look into that!

GhostlyStroll

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:14 AM

as far as i know, there's a divining rod from EE2 which measure the EMC of the ores. but this mod is nice because it only detects diamond.
The inside lingo had me at hello and we go where the money goes.

x2robbie2x
  • Minecraft: Roob3rt

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:21 AM

View PostPCChazter, on 08 July 2012 - 01:14 AM, said:

Thanks for the video, can I put it in my post?

Sure :D

themasterofmods23

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:05 AM

This is an awesome mod! The diamond meter isin't to expensive and works awesomely! Made my house out of diamond using this.

PCChazter

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:14 AM

View Postthemasterofmods23, on 08 July 2012 - 05:05 AM, said:

This is an awesome mod! The diamond meter isin't to expensive and works awesomely! Made my house out of diamond using this.

LOL, thats awesome! You should post a screenshot of your house

DR Gopi
    DR Gopi

Carpenter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Minecraft: narikg

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:53 AM

I have made some alternate textures for the meter, you can use them in the post if you want to, When i used the mod i found that it felt un-minecrafty holding a weird computer like object in my hand so I made some alternative textures, going with a scepter feel.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
And here's a handy zip with just the textures for convenience:
https://www.dropbox....lt textures.zip
Enjoy!
Hope I'm not breaking your copyright or anything, it's my first time making texture for other people, usually I just make mods.
:)