• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.3.2/1.3.1] SuperSlopes, Wallpaper, Frames

kaevator superslopes 1.2.5 wallpaper wallpapers forge mod loader metadark 1.3.1 1.3.2

• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

MetaDark

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:17 PM

A major issue for multilayer compatibility has been fixed in the new releases of the client Wallpaper - v2.2 and client Frames - v2.2. This compatibility fix will be added to the 1.3.2 versions as well very soon.

Thanks a lot to Malivil for fixing the issues with the newer versions of forge in SuperSlopes!

I will not be continuing this mod any more so for those who want to continue it here is the source code:
Client Mods (Has most of the builds, some may be missing but some unreleased builds are included)
Server Mods (These are only the ones that I have found, they may not even be useful however since the newest client builds are also server builds)

If you wish to continue the mods please credit both Keavator and myself.

The original thread can be found here.

Latest Downloads - Requires Forge 1.3.2
Spoiler:

SuperSlopes
Spoiler:

Wallpaper
Spoiler:

Frames
Spoiler:

Bug Reporting
If you find any issues with the mod that has not already been listed under the "Noted Bugs" section of that mod, please give a description of the problem as well as the instructions to reproduce it. Also, if Minecraft completely crashes, include the error report in a spoiler tag.

Register or log in to remove.

Alexboy002
  • Minecraft: Alexboy002

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:55 PM

When will you port his other mods?

xeronut
    xeronut

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

Nice!  I've been using mdiyo's updates on these mods for a while now.  The SMP version of SuperSlopes has some minor texture issues - will you be updating that as well?  And also, is it possible to port the Wallpapers and Timber Frames mods to Forge SMP?  I wondered if it was a complicated task, given I've yet to see a version of them anywhere.  They're too awesome not to have in SMP  ><

Thanks for your work!  :)

ChandlerBingUA

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:54 PM

Cool, but, as i know, Mdiyo allready do it before
http://www.minecraft...-125-inficraft/

it would be better to port mods for the server
Do not be surprised - my English is Google translate. I never play Minecraft without these mods:
ExtraBiomesXl, Industrial Craft, Build Craft, LCTrees++, Metallurgy, Railcraft, Smart Moving, Forestry, Jammy Furniture Mod, Kaevator Super Slopes, Xtra Blocks, ReiMinimap, CraftGuide.

RotomGuy
    RotomGuy

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1749 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:41 PM

Can you post pictures of the mod in action? I can't download right now and I would like to see it.

Forum Rules and Minecraft General Rules
Do read them before posting. I mean it. >:C
Grass Block is still here, though most of you have probably clicked it by now. Posted Image
Do not suggest Vertical Redstone, Emerald Tools, Obsidian Tools and Skylands. They will be burnt in a hole.

Black_Eye

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:42 AM

When adding this into the mods folder, I get a black screen at starting minecraft :/
is this compatible with the latest forge version?? (forgemodloader + 4096 Fix in it etc.)
Stop the Grief and Start the Love <3

MetaDark

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:04 AM

View PostBlack_Eye, on 13 July 2012 - 01:42 AM, said:

When adding this into the mods folder, I get a black screen at starting minecraft :/
is this compatible with the latest forge version?? (forgemodloader + 4096 Fix in it etc.)

Can you give me the contents of your Forge Mod Loader log? You can find this under ".minecraft/ForgeModLoader-X.log" where X is the log number, the latest log would be the highest number.

MetaDark

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:38 AM

View Postxeronut, on 09 July 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

Nice!  I've been using mdiyo's updates on these mods for a while now.  The SMP version of SuperSlopes has some minor texture issues - will you be updating that as well?

I will be actively updating these mods but don't expect any spectacular new features. If you find that the texture issues occur in my build would you please be able demonstrate the issue to me with a screenshot.

View Postxeronut, on 09 July 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

And also, is it possible to port the Wallpapers and Timber Frames mods to Forge SMP?  I wondered if it was a complicated task, given I've yet to see a version of them anywhere.  They're too awesome not to have in SMP  ><

Yes I have already updated SuperSlopes for SMP and I will be making a SMP version for both Wallpapers and Timber Frames.

Black_Eye

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:08 PM

View PostMetaDark, on 13 July 2012 - 05:04 AM, said:

Can you give me the contents of your Forge Mod Loader log? You can find this under ".minecraft/ForgeModLoader-X.log" where X is the log number, the latest log would be the highest number.

Edit: shortened due to MEGA-HYPER-ULTRA-LONG-POST :D
Problem solved (at least some parts)

KaosRitual
  • Minecraft: Mehrin

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:41 PM

Can anyone who uses this on their server PM me? This seems useful for SMP but I can't find an SMP server that uses it.
It is criminal to steal a purse, daring to steal a fortune, a mark of greatness to steal a crown. The blame diminishes as the guilt increases. http://i1190.photobu...craftBanner.jpg

xeronut
    xeronut

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:54 PM

View PostBlack_Eye, on 13 July 2012 - 01:08 PM, said:

stuff
Dude.. spoiler tags.  Also, your error is with Better Blocks mod, not this one.  If you're using the mod Grim's been updating, there are issues with it and Forge - pretty sure they edit some of the same classes.  Try running your game without the SuperSlopes mod.

hidayato
    hidayato

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:05 PM

woow, finally 1.2.5 version for Kaevator's Mod!!!
Thanks for your hard work, Metadark ^_^
Posted Image

Black_Eye

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:35 PM

I got it to work. I only wanted the Slopes and at first it gave me only a black screen when starting Minecraft!
So for all guys wanting the same (and getting the same probs because you have tons of mods installed)
Here what I did to get it working:

Close Minecraft, go to the Config and change all slopes to 0.
Then start MC, if it works: FINE (if not I can't help you)
Now dum an ID map (with Not Enough Items, haven't got it? GET IT, it's SO usefull for many mods due to the ID-conflicts)

Look up the free ID's (I guess the slopes need to be under 256, even with latest forge + 4096 Fix)
Change one after one the 3 single slope items from the same Type. For example start with the wood-slopes.
Then start Minecraft again to check, whether it's working!
Trial & Error :D Not the best, but works good most the time ;)

SO THX MetaDark for updating this mod... it's just TOO good <3
Now I can build beautiful looking houses everywhere :)

Remmke
    Remmke

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:11 PM

I can't change the IDs for this mod on my server. Each time i assign them to a free IDs, i start the server and its creates the default ids again in the slopes config.

Any way to force different ID's?

MetaDark

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:52 AM

View PostRemmke, on 13 July 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

I can't change the IDs for this mod on my server. Each time i assign them to a free IDs, i start the server and its creates the default ids again in the slopes config.

Any way to force different ID's?

What version of forge are you using and on which operating system. I am using Forge 3.3.8.160 on Ubuntu 12.04 and I don't have any issues.

Remmke
    Remmke

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:04 AM

I am using 3.3.8.152 and I run Win7 x64. Basically what happens is that i change the ids in the config, start the server and then the default assignments are added again in the config below the new ids i assigned.

For testing purposes i changed them all to 0 and when i start the server i get this:

Spoiler:

Latest build of Forge also doesn't work.

Edit: nvm taking a closer look the first config... it was just incomplete and by running it a second time new blocks gets added and those also need id changing... sorry for the confusion.

By the way, thanks for porting this mod.

MetaDark

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:54 AM

View PostRemmke, on 14 July 2012 - 10:04 AM, said:

Edit: nvm taking a closer look the first config... it was just incomplete and by running it a second time new blocks gets added and those also need id changing... sorry for the confusion.

By the way, thanks for porting this mod.

No worries, I am just happy it has been resolved and that there isn't an issue with the mod itself. I am already having enough troubles trying to port Wallpaper and Timber Frames to SMP - I now know why no one has done it before... This will be helpful for those who have the same issue in the future.

Micmak4
    Micmak4

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:12 AM

id just like to state, this mod, and many others, are now being hosted here: http://grimsmods.wikispaces.com/   and will be updated to the latest MC versions. no offence, nice work on trying to do this, but this guy beat you too it. and bugs are fixed too.

MetaDark

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:30 PM

View PostMicmak4, on 15 July 2012 - 08:12 AM, said:

id just like to state, this mod, and many others, are now being hosted here: http://grimsmods.wikispaces.com/   and will be updated to the latest MC versions. no offence, nice work on trying to do this, but this guy beat you too it. and bugs are fixed too.
This is my first publicly released mod so it is more for testing purposes and introduction to modding rather than success. However, correct me if I am wrong but they do not host SMP equivalents for Kaevators mods and none of the bugs that exist in my build have been fixed in the build hosted on that site.

xeronut
    xeronut

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:53 PM

View PostMetaDark, on 15 July 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

This is my first publicly released mod so it is more for testing purposes and introduction to modding rather than success. However, correct me if I am wrong but they do not host SMP equivalents for Kaevators mods and none of the bugs that exist in my build have been fixed in the build hosted on that site.
I've summoned, crafted, and placed the vast majority of this version's slopes today (massive bug-hunting spree for new server build) and I've yet to find issue with anything.  In fact, the ONLY issues I find with this update are the same ones I've had with the mod from day one - the need for better compressed metadata for fewer blockID use, and lack of proper capitalization in the tooltip descriptions.  You seem to have done pretty tight work here.

In regards to Wallpaper and Timber Framing being difficult to port to SMP;  wouldn't SMP versions of these work similarly to the Xtra Paintings mod, where you place a painting and just right-click through the cycle of textures?  I'm no coder (or I'd gladly help) but I figured I'd point out the similarity anyway.

And to the above poster pointing out Meta was a bit late to the party, true - mDiyo updated the SSP version to 1.2.5 right after Kaevator made his exit, and simply linked the 1.2.4 server version in his thread.  Grim has only SSP on offer from his site (vast majority of his mods are SSP anyway).  Meta on the other hand has a (so far as I can tell) clean build for 1.2.5 SMP that works as intended.  Just because you're the first doesn't make you the best.