Latest News Article

[Challenges] ♦Fantasy City Build♦

• Please log in to reply
2119 replies to this topic

SheenaTiger

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

View Postpayman, on 19 December 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

ok you are making a really large pyramid.. looks awesome Posted Image

Well, I wanted to have rooms within it and with something only slightly larger than the small ones just does not the trick ;)

As this one is really eating space and sand, I think the other large ones will "only" be 20x20, counted without stairs. Still large but more manageable.

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

TheSilverHawk
  • Minecraft: TheSilverHawk

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

Well, this is my progres on the Egyptian Challegne. Hope you enjoy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

SheenaTiger

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

Those are just insane amounts of sand for those awesome builds!

I am still collecting for the first large pyramid ^^

Posted Image

payman
    payman

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 523 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

that wasnt in survivel I say :b

you first need to do the other builds to have diamond.. :)

so you cant go to the nether and kill the boss to get the beacons
Creepers gonna creepe

TheSilverHawk
  • Minecraft: TheSilverHawk

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

The gold, diamonds ( the palm trees too :P :D ) and other expensive stuff are only for decoration. I mainly build in survival, but I add lots of other stuff in creative. Right now I am making a giant tomb. :)

SheenaTiger

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:47 PM

I'd say... lesson learned.
Next large Pyramid will be rock solid as core and only all the visible parts sandstone... much like the late Pyramids were rather strong core but with great outer shell.

I leveled several sandhills around the pyramid and even bought sandstone from the millenaire-village nearby -.-
This was no fun at the end and challenges are meant to be fun in my opinion and for that I want to explore and mine as well and while mining I will of course dig up a lot of stone.

Anyway... stage finished, build all that is needed to finish it.

Pics will be up at the usual place: https://picasaweb.go...llengeEgyptian#

Some words along the way...
The quarters for the servants are located below my house and even going down another block while the roof is a nice platform to get a nice view over the growing city.

The writing area is slightly decorated, some places to sit and open to the open... of course in case it would rain there would be some special leatherhides that could be put over it as roof.

Otherwise nothing spectacular to note aside of some nice findings like an old mineshaft in a cavesystem... still need to explore some more but got some nice metals... just not enough to really do anything as they are either not enough for more than a shovel or hoe or just not worth it as they are as good as stone.... at least for now

Posted Image

blazing_chaos
  • Minecraft: blazing_chaos

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

nice challenge. Can you be more clear with the hobbit, because I don't know if the hobbit houses (not holes) have to have grass on the top, or is it an actual house. please make sure you are more clear.
If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "Please", I will say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".
Yep, I started this Dragon Cave business. Posted Image Posted Image

SheenaTiger

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

View Postblazing_chaos, on 27 December 2012 - 03:58 PM, said:

nice challenge. Can you be more clear with the hobbit, because I don't know if the hobbit houses (not holes) have to have grass on the top, or is it an actual house. please make sure you are more clear.

I think it is quite clear:
Must be made out of dirt, grass must be able to grow on top it

So it has to be made in a way, that grass can grow from the ground up and cover the roof... otherwise look at hobbit-pictures or the LotR-Movies

Or look at my Challenge-pics for the Hobbits, I seem to be the only one who has done them until now: https://picasaweb.go...hallengeHobbits

Posted Image

blazing_chaos

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

Really good job. I'm doing hobbit, and it's fun. I'm planning to do Egyptian, angel, elf, and human.
If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "Please", I will say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".

SheenaTiger

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

Well, thank you.

As I have lost all stuff I might do the Hobbits another time so I can pile them together in one world ^^ Had to begin anew anyway (the world where I did start the egyptian challenge)

Posted Image

blazing_chaos

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

do you guys think I shouldn't make a new world for each race? Maybe, after I'm done with one thing, I could clear my inventory and fly far far far away, and then get back to survival and start a new kingdom?

SheenaTiger

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

Let me quote the FAQ:

Can I do some, or all of the challenges in the same world?
- Yes! In fact the challenges were kind of made for all of them to be made in the same world, it would be awesome to see them all together. Of course, you would have to get rid of all your supplies and such every time you do another challenge.

About using Creative or not... up to you. I can not switch in my worlds so searching for suiteable places is an adventure of it's own :)
And I am not tempted to use creative-mode to beautify the things I build with stuff I not have.

Posted Image

warlock274
  • Minecraft: warlock274

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:04 PM

Thanks for clearing some stuff up for him Sheena. (: And guys, it might just be only be on the team now, I haven't heard from anyone else in a while.
Fantasy City Build Team Co-leader - Want to apply?
PM Amazingsniper8 or I for more information.

blazing_chaos

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

I'm doing the hobbit challenge with my friend, pics coming up soon :)

blazing_chaos

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

If I make a carrot farm of the right size and everything, will it be counted as a wheat farm?

warlock274
  • Minecraft: warlock274

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

View Postblazing_chaos, on 28 December 2012 - 07:23 PM, said:

If I make a carrot farm of the right size and everything, will it be counted as a wheat farm?

No, but I should probably update the challenge with potatoes and carrots shouldn't I? Posted Image

Quick Update:
- Edited Rule

If a challenge says to make a melon or pumpkin farm, and you can't make those, then use carrots or potatoes, if you don't have one of those, you may change it to a wheat farm.
Fantasy City Build Team Co-leader - Want to apply?
PM Amazingsniper8 or I for more information.

blazing_chaos

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

Oh, warlock, when you say something like "2 stacks of logs", does that mean we need to have two stacks of logs or do we need to gather two stacks of logs?

SheenaTiger

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

View Postblazing_chaos, on 29 December 2012 - 11:06 PM, said:

Oh, warlock, when you say something like "2 stacks of logs", does that mean we need to have two stacks of logs or do we need to gather two stacks of logs?

1 stack is the maximum amount of items of the same type that fit into one inventory-space... in case of logs and most other materials you need to gather: 64 --> 128 logs so you can mix and match if you gather different kinds. I would suggest to stick with one kind to meet the requirements.

Posted Image

blazing_chaos

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:31 AM

Ok everyone, I have a few images of the Hobbit challenge. Btw the name it'll show isn't my real name.
https://plus.google....544129192556337
Image were taken using the Wayukian Texture Pack

View PostSheenaTiger, on 30 December 2012 - 12:20 AM, said:

1 stack is the maximum amount of items of the same type that fit into one inventory-space... in case of logs and most other materials you need to gather: 64 --> 128 logs so you can mix and match if you gather different kinds. I would suggest to stick with one kind to meet the requirements.
That's not what I meant. I meant if it says in item requirements that I need 2 stacks of logs, does that mean gathering another two stacks or having two stacks in total
A person named Purechaose helped me.

SheenaTiger

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:37 AM

View Postblazing_chaos, on 30 December 2012 - 01:31 AM, said:

That's not what I meant. I meant if it says in item requirements that I need 2 stacks of logs, does that mean gathering another two stacks or having two stacks in total
A person named Purechaose helped me.

Ah okay... 2 stacks in total.
Though, I would suggest you make an extra chest just to store the advancement-items and not take anything out of it.
Most challenges want more and more and if you suddenly have to collect 4 stacks instead of "just another one" collecting them get kinda boring.

This way, I usually stuff all ... for example sandstone I carry at the moment when I end a stage. Often the material I store away in such a situation is enough for the next 1 or even 2 stages. you will collect the amount anyway... for advancement or building but if they are stored... one thing less to worry about.

Posted Image